THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus doesn't want me to have the Sims 2  (Read 5375 times)

Jiperly

Jesus doesn't want me to have the Sims 2
« on: 11 Mar 2005, 20:19 »

I swear to God, i want to kill Will Wright wright now for something that was entirely not his fault!

When the Sims 2 came out, I thought - "hey, this would be a nice suprise for my sister, the Simophile, if i bought it from her", and so, i bought it for her the day it came out. A week later, i asked her to bring it over, completely convidant that i could find a crack online. Of course, I found out after installing it that there wasn't. A little pissed off, i decided to keep it on until i found one.

Instead, i found vitual drives- I thought- "hey, my friend used to have one of these- it should work out fine!", but instead, i just got an error message every single time. So I uninstalled it.

Since then, I installed it 3 more times, and I couldn't find a working virtual drive or crack. Beginning to lose my patience, i started thinking about outright buying the game- and when i told my sister, she reminded me she's getting the expansion, and she won't need the CD's to play it anymore. All excited, i finally borrow it....and.....

it gets stuck at 12%. and never goes up.

I start to lose it- but then it dawns on me- i bought it from EB Games! I bought a warranty on it! If anything- ANYTHING is wrong with the CD, i can return it for a replacement!

But then it dawned on me- don't a need a receipt? Getting worried, i remember my sister has a friend in that store- a manager or something- so i got her to call the dude, and sure enough- you need a receipt. But because Jesus likes to fuck with me, it ends up that, since he knows my sister, he'll do the switch- one problem though- the store closes in an hour, we can only get it through him, and after tonight, he's off work till tuesday. So i hope on my bike, which is quickly falling to pieces, and ride it over the icy roads while its snowing. I get there in time, and make the switch with no problems- even pick up Eternal Darkness while i'm there. I get back here, and it gets past the 12%!! Everything is going good....only...

A brand new, out of the box CD doesn't work. Its got a strange marking on the final CD, freezing up with only 12%(ironically enough) left to go!

So now i'm considering smashing the CD to ribbons, then returning it to EB Games again for a new CD.

Seriously Jesus- where are you when i need you the most? And you better not say carrying me, because you can fucking carry the CD, and fix it while your at it!

Jamoky

« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2005, 20:56 »

Wow, thats hilarious.

I'll leave you the Second Nobel Truth of Buddhism:
The second truth is that there is a cause, or origin of suffering.  Well, of course!  So, what causes our dukkha?  Dukkha arises from thirst, trishna.  Sometimes this is translated as desire, but it has more to do with craving or clinging.  (You never have to cling to things that already are; you only have to cling to what is not so, or might not be so for long enough.)  Sure, trishna relates to clinging to sensual desires, but it also has to do with our craving for existence itself ? we don?t want to just die.  We want to continue forever.  And ironically, there is sometimes a thirst or craving for non-existence, that is, to be liberated from this world of  suffering and unawareness in some final way.

Whatever causes you suffering, investigate it and you will find that it is linked ultimately to your craving and clinging and desires. But we get confused about this.  What we really need ? indeed, what we really want, is simply to see, to be awake to what all this really is.

Super Dave

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2005, 22:09 »

Not only does he not want you to get the game, he just plain hates you.

Deacon

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.firekite.com
« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2005, 07:18 »

Jesus is supposed to help you steal games?
Eric (the Deacon remix)

Code: [Select]
do() || do_not(); // try();

daviesmatt

« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2005, 07:30 »

Man.. it serves you right for playing the Sims.

I hate that game. It's like acting out a fucking soap opera.

Not my idea of fun.

festerius

« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2005, 07:39 »

Quote from: Deacon
Jesus is supposed to help you steal games?

And if you can catch him under the full moon he has to grant you three wishes... Or give you his pot of gold.

Jiperly

« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2005, 09:30 »

Quote from: Super Dave
Not only does he not want you to get the game, he just plain hates you.

thread winner.

Jiperly

« Reply #7 on: 14 Mar 2005, 11:02 »

UPDATE:

I decided its time for plan B- before i smash the CD to shreads, i wanted a second opinion- another Computer to install, so i can tell if it was the CD or the CD Tray. So I went over to my friends house, chilled out, and while we were watching TV and waiting for it to install, he pulled out a silk scarf, and started to rub the shit out of the strange markings I couldn't get out and assumed is unremovable- and he got it off. When it came time to test the fourth CD, it worked fine! We created two roomates- ourselves- and were living quite well, except for the fact that either of us had a date, and thus were likely to grow old and die alone.

So i brought the game home and installed it, this time sitting there waiting for it to complete to 100%, which it did without incident! I clicked the "Launch Game" option, and wait.....and.......

An error message poped up. It didn't say anything- just a stop sign with a X in it. This is the exact same error message i got when i tried with the vitural drives.

Like I said- Jesus likes to fuck with me. Once i get outta one hole, i fall back in another. So now i have to hunt down and figure out what the vitural drives did to my computers, so i can get the fucking game to run!  And incase you're wondering, it worked fine back in the day- no error message!

So yea.....Jesus just doesn't fucking love me.

bev

« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2005, 16:15 »

Jesus doesn't hate you, jesus hates the Sims, like the rest of us.

The sims is for people who can't control their own lives. My advice, get a good WW2 shooter and blow some shit up, it's more fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up