THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 17:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Garbage + Le Tigre..interviews  (Read 7674 times)

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
Garbage + Le Tigre..interviews
« on: 15 Mar 2005, 10:36 »

Okies people, this is a band I used to love when I was younger, but sort of forgot about for a while (if they take however many years to make one damn album, it's bound to happen) BUT...
I've been offered a chance to do an interview with them, mini press conference stylee.
And I can't think of questions.

Any help? There's gotta be some closet Shirley Manson/The Other Blokes In The Band fans hiding here, surely...?

Also...
Le Tigre may be an option, and again, a little stumped.
Can you guys do my job for me?

(edited because I am a gimp)

Empty Friend

« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2005, 18:54 »

Ask Garbage if they'll be returning at all to the sound of the first two albums, or if they're going to go the way of pop in excess again.  On the same page see if it'll be darker like the first album, in the middle like the second, or happy go lucky stuff like the third.

See who all had input/to what extent, and what the band dynamic was like this time around, how it felt compared to recording the previous albums... uhhh, what else... I'm sure others can think of stuff they'd like to hear.

Man oh man I did not like the third album, but to this day I still throw in their self titled on a regular basis. Here's to hoping they either regress, or evolve to something else great.

jal-vani

« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2005, 07:57 »

ask them how it feels putting together a creative work again. after their break/breakup ask what the relationship and chemistry is like in the band.

oh, and find out if they have figured out if they broke up, or if they took a break. they were pretty unsure about that.
EDIT: the above is specifically for garbage. I know nothing of le Tigre.

Count_Zero

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2005, 08:46 »

Bit cliched, but you could always ask Shirley Manson what working alongside Brody Dalle and the Queens of the Stone Age on the new QotSA album was like - Brody and Shirley did the backing vocals on "You Got A Killer Scene."

Count

Empty Friend

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2005, 11:15 »

yeah, but it's interesting nonetheless, it's pretty much the way to get a little rapport goin and get the obvious shit out of the way =p

madamelau

« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2005, 12:26 »

Ask Le Tigre to put me on the guestlist girl ...

Just kidding.

Luck is definately against me when it comes to seeing that band.

muffy

« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2005, 19:55 »

Gah...Le Tigre have pulled a Modest Mouse and refused to do all but the most essential press (i.e  NME) so that one's gone to pot...
I'm already sorting out a couple of people's tix, but the PR people don't believe me when I say we  need 5 people to review one gig!
And Garbage are still faffing over interview dates, but I'm excited now - cheers for suggestions!
I'm such a loser.

jal-vani

« Reply #7 on: 08 Apr 2005, 06:47 »

sorry to bring this oldie back to life, but any word on the gabage interview, muffy? if you can provide one, i'd love to see a link.

muffy

« Reply #8 on: 08 Apr 2005, 06:53 »

I tried to leave the thread dead as Garbage pulled out of it...
BASTARDS.
I hate it when bands do this  -get you really excited and then go 'Oh, student press? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Fuck off no'.

Even my mum was excited about it.
I want to do another one with Willy Mason, but something tells me that's gonna be a no go too...I was lucky to get one when I did!

Grrrr at bands.

jal-vani

« Reply #9 on: 08 Apr 2005, 06:58 »

oh, that's a shame. when i get famous, i'm going to make sure to do student interviews. they can be some of the best, and getting a good younger following is a good way to build a solid fanbase without selling your soul to the corporate rock devil.
</deusions of grandeur>

muffy

« Reply #10 on: 08 Apr 2005, 07:12 »

I'm gonna hold you to that!
But I may not be a student anymore...hmmm...

Seriously though, some bands are brilliant about doing interviews - Soulwax, Kings of Leon, The Faint, The Kills, Kaiser Chiefs, Rilo Kiley (even if the record company listened in so I couldn't really ask them why they left Saddle Creek - every time I slipped it into conversation I got this 'Uh...it's a really fuzzy line, I can't hear you very well' response)and others. We were offered Keane but I couldn't find anyone who'd do it and not be ridiculously rude: 'So, how would you answer to the criticism that your music has all the life and soul of a wet sock?'  Seriously, that was the nicest we could come up with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up