- 16 (31.4%)
NO
- 13 (25.5%)
ONLY AFTER BEATING IT
- 22 (43.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: 12 Mar 2005, 20:56

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you cheat?  (Read 13320 times)

Super Dave

Do you cheat?
« on: 12 Mar 2005, 20:56 »

Do you ever use cheats on video games, wether they be built-in, or with a game shark?

I personally try to only ever use cheats on a game after I've beaten it.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Do you cheat?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2005, 21:09 »

After I beat it. Then I fuck around with em to the max.

I especially love codes that mess with the physics engine and whatnot.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Symp

• Emoticontraindication
Do you cheat?
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2005, 21:40 »

It all depends really. I use 'em in Starcraft and Warcraft sometimes, mostly cause the comp rapes you at the beginning.
Saying sorry isn't an excuse when you do something stupid on purpose

Haver

Do you cheat?
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2005, 03:13 »

If something is getting boring, then yes,

festerius

Do you cheat?
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2005, 04:50 »

I cheat and use codes even if the game is easy...  The codes were programmed in for a reason.

torg

Do you cheat?
« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2005, 05:40 »

I use cheats if I just can't get past a certain point due to ungodly difficulty or due to design / programming bugs.

daviesmatt

Do you cheat?
« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2005, 07:41 »

I'll use cheat's if I'm stuck, or if my save fucks up for whatever reason, I'll just cheat till I get back to where I was.

Once I finish or get bored of a game then, yeah, I'll just screw around anhd use cheats.

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
Do you cheat?
« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2005, 08:12 »

Only when getting VERY FRUSTRATED at some point in the gaem.

Or if i am playing GTA then for all the guns!
YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES MY PENIS HARDER!

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
Do you cheat?
« Reply #8 on: 13 Mar 2005, 08:14 »

I usually cheat after beating a game with only two exeptions:

1. Mass havoc in GTA
2. I found this bug in DBZ Boudokai 2 where I get caracters and new moves. It makes it more fun.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
Do you cheat?
« Reply #9 on: 13 Mar 2005, 10:09 »

Depends on my mood really.  Sometimes I'll just go berserk and cheat. After I'm done causing havoc I reload my previous save and actually play through the part.

Edit: With the exception of finishing assignment ada in Resident Evil 4.  I just can not do it, at all.  I don't even make it out of the first area and I'm out of ammo, first aid sprays and herbs.
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
Do you cheat?
« Reply #10 on: 13 Mar 2005, 15:01 »

Only if I've already won. And I mean that.

the only exception is Sims 2: I make use of the money cheat to build homes for the created families that AREN'T my main group of Sims. My main family have to earn their stuff.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

TheCourtJester

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • OB/GYN/OMG/WTF/BBQ!
Do you cheat?
« Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2005, 15:03 »

In GTA Vice City I tend to use cheats until I have more juice for a flamethrower than I could ever use...then rampage like no other.

I don't really use cheats in any other games, at least not until I've beaten it.
The sad thing about tennis is that no matter how good you get, you'll never be as good as a wall.

bev

Do you cheat?
« Reply #12 on: 14 Mar 2005, 16:25 »

I used to cheat cause I was too lazy to finish anything. If a game is rubbish I'll cheat just to see the last boss. problem nowdays is that less and less games have last bosses, which is really unrewarding. Aside from that, I must finish a game before cheating. Once I'm finished, I cheat my arse off and have some real fun, using cool guns on early levels, flying through the walls and such. it's fun to see what the creators have put where, cut corners and cheated with when they can hide stuff behind walls.

nihilist

Do you cheat?
« Reply #13 on: 15 Mar 2005, 09:58 »

It really depends.  FPS games, I don't.  But some RPGs and RTSs...  They'd just take so goddamn fucking long otherwise.  I don't have patience for that shit.  :p

Moriarty

Do you cheat?
« Reply #14 on: 15 Mar 2005, 10:07 »

Console games no, unless I unlock something during the game (Extra guns on Resident Evil for example). The natural exception is GTA San Andreas, which has so many cheats it's impossible not to try some of the more fun ones (Super Bunny Hop, Tank spawning etc)
PC games I will quite happily cheat into oblivion once I complete them. I spend more time trying out mods and cheats than I do actually playing the game normally!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Do you cheat?
« Reply #15 on: 15 Mar 2005, 18:01 »

i play a game until i get bored with it, then i usually cheat & wreak havoc until i get bored of that, too.

if a game can't otherwise hold my interest then what's a brother gonna do?

californaya

Do you cheat?
« Reply #16 on: 16 Mar 2005, 15:25 »

I haven't used a cheating device since I first played FFVII (I got fed up with the process of getting a gold chocobo, and I wanted Knights of the Round, damnit!), and I only cheat when it's stuff I unlock, a prime example being the Tony Hawk games (I'll only use perfect balance if I earned it).

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
Do you cheat?
« Reply #17 on: 16 Mar 2005, 16:47 »

I will only use cheats to progress through a game after I have beaten it. But from tiem to time I will load up, cheat like mad, then load my old save and actually play through it. I think cheating the first-time through the game ruins the fun of getting to the next part. And I have never used a Game Shark. I think they're stupid.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

c1utch

Do you cheat?
« Reply #18 on: 16 Mar 2005, 18:16 »

Yea, you gotta beat it first, then make all of their clothes come off!

Nah but cheats are only fun the 2nd time around I'm tinkin.

otherwise, why spend $50 just to cheat your way thorugh somthing?

Skippy

Do you cheat?
« Reply #19 on: 18 Mar 2005, 08:39 »

Depends on the game for me, if the game is a really long one that I know that I want to get invlolved in, I won't cheat, but if its there simply to fight off some boredom, ill cheat to make it more entertaining.

P.S. You wouldn't happen to use RSTK would you Super Dave? o.O

Efefe

Do you cheat?
« Reply #20 on: 19 Mar 2005, 01:45 »

I've never used a cheat for a console game. =p

Starcraft on the other hand..

Super Dave

Do you cheat?
« Reply #21 on: 20 Mar 2005, 18:42 »

Quote from: Skippy

P.S. You wouldn't happen to use RSTK would you Super Dave? o.O

EXPLAIN PLEASE NOW SOON

lord_modred

Do you cheat?
« Reply #22 on: 20 Mar 2005, 18:51 »

real men dont cheat!

call it glitter

Do you cheat?
« Reply #23 on: 22 Mar 2005, 04:45 »

Only if I'm very, very stuck. To such a point where I'm bored of trying to win.

Or if I'm playing The Sims and can't be arsed getting a job. :)

catflea

Do you cheat?
« Reply #24 on: 22 Mar 2005, 08:24 »

Quote from: Efefe
I've never used a cheat for a console game. =p

Starcraft on the other hand..

I did,  once,  to open up all the boards in snowboard kids on N64

hmaster5

Do you cheat?
« Reply #25 on: 22 Mar 2005, 09:37 »

you cant not cheat

'nuff said

zmeiat_joro

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Do you cheat?
« Reply #26 on: 24 Mar 2005, 15:48 »

I expected this thread would be about relationships...
I, for one, welcome the fragmentation of deeper levels of shared reality.

Powerferret

Do you cheat?
« Reply #27 on: 24 Mar 2005, 16:27 »

I cheat when ive earned the cheats after beating the game. havent met a game i couldna beat.  Except some of those early 8bit nintendo games.  oh yeah, and the ones that dont actually end.

Mandaray

Do you cheat?
« Reply #28 on: 25 Mar 2005, 10:11 »

Depends on what kind of game I'm playing. If it's an FPS, I usually go into god mode from the very start. But if it's stuff like Baldur's Gate, I always try to play through it at least once with no cheat codes. After that, though, I download a crapload of mods and mess around with it to my heart's content. XD

Some purists view walkthroughs as cheats...I guess if you hold that view, I cheat on games a lot. But as long as I'm having fun with the game, I don't care.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
Do you cheat?
« Reply #29 on: 25 Mar 2005, 13:32 »

Walkthroughs are only acceptable when you have hit a brick wall in the game and do not know where to go. OR if it is the second play-through.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

Digs

Do you cheat?
« Reply #30 on: 25 Mar 2005, 16:02 »

Sometimes I enjoy composing FAQs. Not really posting them, but composing them.

Mandaray

Do you cheat?
« Reply #31 on: 25 Mar 2005, 20:36 »

Quote from: Something Witty
Walkthroughs are only acceptable when you have hit a brick wall in the game and do not know where to go. OR if it is the second play-through.

Yeah, that's usually the way it is. I always prefer to figure things out for myself if I can. But sometimes I get lost. (Literally and non-literally)

Jiperly

Do you cheat?
« Reply #32 on: 25 Mar 2005, 22:14 »

I don't see the point in cheating- the point of the game is to overcome the challenges and win- a really challenging game, when over, is nirvinia when you finally beat it- cheating just kills any chance for that feeling, and deficates all over it in a gooey icky mess.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
Do you cheat?
« Reply #33 on: 26 Mar 2005, 12:30 »

Amen to that.

My PErsonal favorite thing to do is Beat a New Zelda game on my own, then go through with a walkthrough and do every god-forsaken thing you possibly can.

thewebguy

Do you cheat?
« Reply #34 on: 28 Mar 2005, 17:54 »

i used to h4x in counter-strike 1.6.

don't get me wrong, i wasn't like racking my stats up or anything to look cool, and i didn't hide it or anything. i did it to rage other players, it was so freaking fun. but 2 of my accounts were 1 - year banned and i only had 1 left, so i stopped.

the other two are probably unbanned by now, but it's such a pain trying to like update h4x and not get banned and junk, plus cs is like 1240938742thousand years old and i'm too busy now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up