THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 23:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aww HELL yeah.  (Read 5614 times)

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
Aww HELL yeah.
« on: 15 Mar 2005, 12:36 »

It's official: The Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War expansion is on its way, and the Imperial Guard make their return as a fully playable race.

Say hello to Dawn of War: Winter Assault.

Guess what I'm getting for my birthday? Autumn will NOT come soon enough.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Aww HELL yeah.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2005, 14:24 »

That looks awesome.  Heck, the non-expansion looks awesome I think.  I should really start saving to buy my own computer.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Aww HELL yeah.
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2005, 14:27 »

Christ, check out how many GUNS those baneblades have. three sets of twin heavy bolters, two autocannon turrets AND a battlecannon.

plus, that thing's going to have damage points on bulk order.

And I thought Land Raiders were badass...

bev

Aww HELL yeah.
« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2005, 17:46 »

I didn't really enjoy dawn of war too much but with this new expansion I may just give it another go. Still, the more armies they give us in future the better, I'm still holding out for the Tyranids.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Aww HELL yeah.
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2005, 21:00 »

someone needs to make a really really really really really well-balanced RTS war game set in the present with these kind of graphics.  i've tried C&C Generals, or whatever, but i hate the whole "5 minutes into the future" bullshit that games seem to like doing.  i don't want laser tanks and so forth, i want realism that is still fun to play.

or fuck it, maybe having it set in WW2 or something would preclude laser turrets and fire tanks and so forth.  does anyone know of anything decent in this regard?

back on topic, though: i think that the 40k universe seems pretty cool, and i'm actually thinking of giving this game a try based on that screenshot :)

bev

Aww HELL yeah.
« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2005, 22:34 »

There was a game, I have no ideas if it's been released or not, called panzers. basically you just lead troops of tanks around, think it was WW2.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
Aww HELL yeah.
« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2005, 04:07 »

Quote from: est
back on topic, though: i think that the 40k universe seems pretty cool, and i'm actually thinking of giving this game a try based on that screenshot :)

I'd advise it. The single-player campaign's kinda short, but the multiplayer is great.

The demo should give you a taste. It's basically the first two or three missions of the single-player campaign, plus a single mutliplayer match.

but I'd dive straight into the game proper if I were you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up