THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 01:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The unofficial "Coolest moments" thread.  (Read 23860 times)

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
The unofficial "Coolest moments" thread.
« on: 20 Mar 2005, 06:32 »

Any game of your choice. go for it.

my top three:

3: Freelancer: Me in my light fighter versus a squadron of heavies, joust fashion. We're both hurtling towards each other guns blazing, missiles firing, and I just did this crazy little flick-twist thing with the controls that I've never been able to replicate since, and corkscrewed around all that massed laser fire without taking a single hit AND managed to destroy one of the fighters on the way past with a well-timed mine.

2: Spider-Man 2 (PS2): I jumped off the top of the Empire State Building, entered a web swing at the last possible moment, missed the ground by about six inches, and then broke up a purse-snatching by cannonball-kicking the thief in the chest. He went flying and lost all his health in one hit.

1: Half-Life 2: during the chapter "Sand Traps" I accidentally switched to the gravity gun during a fire fight. I was about to switch back to a gun when one of the combine soldiers threw a grenade at me, which I promptly picked up with the GG and "returned" to him. I must confess to getting carried away and giving a jubilant cry of "here, I think you dropped something!"
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

Simon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2005, 07:02 »

Halo:
That race in the warthog at the end. Tearing through the ship with the timer in the corner, slowly ticking away. Got my heart going, I can tell ya

Call of Duty:
1. First mission where you parachute into Normandy. You have to dash across this field, when suddenly shells start landing all around you. Cattle and comrades go flying into the air, and then a shell landed right next to me and I went deaf and my vision blurred, but I still kept on running. I hid behind a fence but a MG42 machine gun proceeded to tear that up.

2. Same mission, when a German tank blasted its way through a house to get to me :)

3. Being chased by a German tank whilst racing through a destroyed town in an old Jeep. The "Holy fuck!" moment came when the tank fired at a tall building up ahead, which then slowly collapsed onto the road. We just managed to slip under it before it came crashing down.

4. The first 10 minutes of the Stalingrad missions. With the planes and the constant machine guns. That was just insane.

Half-Life 2:
1. Finally loading up the first level. I had waited years for this.

2. Whizzing along the canals with the rockets and gunfire all around me.

3. The final level. Best. Scripted. Scene. Ever.

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2005, 10:07 »

When i ascended Nethack.

Ofcourse i do not have the damn MORGUE file to prove it. Forked my machine.
(Very angry)
YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES MY PENIS HARDER!

ASturge

« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2005, 10:24 »

half Life 2 mod called "antlion troopers"

the fort was comin down, lions were everywhere and me and one guard were on hour own with assault rifles fending off tons of thoses motherfuckers. my mate fell and i realised i had to get outta there. i ran up the stairway to the perimeter wall and jump over, all the while being chased by antlions. i jumped over but got quickly surrounded. i was down to my last shell when........ dropships to the rescue. i ended up screaming "eat it you ugly motherfuckers!?!?!?!?"

Simon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2005, 10:26 »

Yeah, Antlion Troopers is an awesome mod. I have to admit, I did cheat and spawn a ton of guards with shotguns :(

Moriarty

« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2005, 12:29 »

Quote from: Simon
Yeah, Antlion Troopers is an awesome mod. I have to admit, I did cheat and spawn a ton of guards with shotguns :(

Didn't everybody? :) I hope someone can remake this in multiplayer co-op fashion - Sven Co-Op seem to be leading the way, but I don't know if their plans include AT is of yet.
As for Best moments:
PlanetSide: Conducting a continent sized air assault in a dropship to 'Ride of the Valkyries' PS allows 500 ppl/vehicles per map - We filled our 250 in about 10 minutes with Mosquito fighters, Reaver gunships and Liberator bombers. My friends thought it would be fun to take a barely armed Galaxy dropship into this mess, and we survived quite a bit longer than we expected.
CS: Source Beta: Playing the Refrigarena map (both teams get 8 fridges on their side of the map. Set pushphys 1000. Shooting the enemy or their standing fridges is disallowed. You have to crush them by shooting your own fridges at them)
Half-Life 2: Nova Prospekt, both the breaking in with Freemans Roughnecks (as someone called the Antlions you summon), and the later defence parts where you use the turrets for your own ends.
Warcraft 3 TFT: Shunning the usual build queues (in which Warcraft 3 is overly dependant) I played as human and maxed out my food cap on fully upgraded Gyrocopters. I did pretty well (t'was a 5 player FFA but 2 of the enemy were clanmates and obviously in chahoots) in wiping out 2 enemy, but by this point I had practically no airforce and another army knocking on my defences.

lord_modred

« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2005, 15:01 »

the end of eternal darkness when the ancient gods are battling each other.
infact, generally all of the cinema's near the end of the game were awesome.

also, the final battle with mephistopheles in neverwinter nights: hordes of the underdark, and then taking over the world after you kill him.

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #7 on: 20 Mar 2005, 17:59 »

Grim Fandango - ALL OF IT.

daviesmatt

« Reply #8 on: 20 Mar 2005, 21:52 »

I've been having one long coolest moment since I started playing Diablo 2 yesterday.

Man, I swear. It's like every DnD nerds wet dream.

Laying into an army of Undead with just an axe and a scowl, holy fuck, it's awesome.

Another coolest moment - Playing Medal of Honour : Allied Assault, really pissed off and down to 10 health. Just running from behind cover, somehow managing to dodge fire from 4 nazis, reaching and shooting the hell outta them with a submachine gun.

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #9 on: 21 Mar 2005, 00:54 »

Metal Gear Solid 3, The entire Shagohod lead-up/battle/wind-down, basically everything until the tree (you know what I mean.).
Best.  Chase.  Ever.
Actions speak louder than words, especially if you have a giant moon laser.

Quote from: Tearon
There's something really freakish about you, ya know that? In a good way.

TheCourtJester

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • OB/GYN/OMG/WTF/BBQ!
« Reply #10 on: 21 Mar 2005, 01:40 »

Most awesome moment I can remember was laying waste to 3 people in Unreal Tournament all on my lonesome. Two of the players on the other teams players were in a clan together and obviously talking to each other on teamspeak. I remember just sending the message "pwned" and they flipped out.

Yea I know...UT is old. It'd still the best PC game EVAR!

And the last level in Halo 2. Drivin like crazy runnin mofos over rules.
The sad thing about tennis is that no matter how good you get, you'll never be as good as a wall.

lord_modred

« Reply #11 on: 21 Mar 2005, 01:43 »

coolest personal moment... playing NWN online on the perpetual world called neversummer(unorigional name, very cool server... or at least it used to be).  me and a friend took over a city named avendale, declared it to be our territory, and challenged the entire server to take it back.  about 10 people came together in force to reclaim the city, we cut them all down like grass!  and what was even more embarrasing for them is that we were using our "ewok" characters(a bunch of gnomes running around acting like ewoks).  yeah, people still talk about that to this day... a couple of gnomes decimating a huge assault force.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #12 on: 21 Mar 2005, 05:50 »

Oh hells yeah. The whole of "Water Hazard" was fantastic. I love the bit where you're racing along, with the helicopter right over your head, and then the combine try to shell you and wind up knocking over a chimney on the shore.

I just got underneath it in time.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #13 on: 21 Mar 2005, 06:08 »

that time in WoW where i quit playing forever was pretty good.

ok, seriously though, one time i won a Quake 1 deathmatch 20-0-0-0-0 against 4 Omicron bots on DM4 (i think, the really small multi-layered lava one) on the hardest setting.  Omicron bots were complained about at the time because they were supposedly too good.

i was shaking with adrenaline afterwards.

Simon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #14 on: 21 Mar 2005, 08:06 »

Quote from: Switchblade

Oh hells yeah. The whole of "Water Hazard" was fantastic. I love the bit where you're racing along, with the helicopter right over your head, and then the combine try to shell you and wind up knocking over a chimney on the shore.

I just got underneath it in time.

Damn, I forgot all about that. Now that I think of it, that was by far my most favourite moment in Half-Life 2. I almost stood up from my chair, I was shouting "fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK!!" and I only just got under - my speedboat got bumped up into the air from the splash wave.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #15 on: 21 Mar 2005, 10:30 »

IN HL2's Water Hazard my favourite bit was when the music kicked in as the chopper started dropping mines... awesome.

Also I still remember very clearly when I first got the N64 and started playing Mario 64... can't believe how blown away I was by that, hehehe.

And playing Battlefield : Vietnam with a friend, I was alone, trying to hold a checkpoint against about ten to twelve VC bots... just at the least moment as I ran out of ammo my friend flew over in a Heuy gunship and sent a rocket straight into the middle of them all. Highly awesome.

californaya

« Reply #16 on: 21 Mar 2005, 10:54 »

I just had a favorite moment while playing GTA: San Andreas. I was on top of Mt. Chiliad, waiting for the time to get to 7:00 so I could do the race, and I had a few hundred bricks of explosives, so I decided to simply cover the RV that was up there with them. When I detonated the explosives, the RV spun around 5 times and flew off the mountain.

Physics are fun.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #17 on: 21 Mar 2005, 14:07 »

Also while you're playing San Andreas, try car-surfing: jump on top of a car, or preferably onto the tray in the back of a ute, and either stamp on the roof of the car or fire your gun randomly into the traffic - the driver of the car will panic and you'll be taken on a crazy high-speed ride through the city!  Ahh, stupid fun.

ddrdaishi

« Reply #18 on: 21 Mar 2005, 14:11 »

Quote from: thehoopiestfrood
Grim Fandango - ALL OF IT.
I'll second that. Grim Fandango is teh uber secks. My new computer won't play it, though. It makes me sad. :(

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #19 on: 21 Mar 2005, 14:47 »

Damn, I forgot all about that. Now that I think of it, that was by far my most favourite moment in Half-Life 2. I almost stood up from my chair, I was shouting "fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK!!" and I only just got under - my speedboat got bumped up into the air from the splash wave.

the nice thing is that, although the collapse IS scripted, it's timed perfectly so that, if your line and speed aren't good enough, you WILL get smooshed.

That's the kind of thing that defines Valve as the group of fucking geniuses they really are.

Simon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2005, 15:24 »

Tell me about it. I tried that mission for the second time, got smooshed in quite spectacular style and had to go back and get a huge run-up in order to clear the rubble :(

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2005, 15:37 »

heh... what's fun is when you get your timing very slightly wrong, and the chimney just catches the very nose of the boat. you go flying through the air, cartwheel about twenty times and land on the other side. five thousand stunt points!

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #22 on: 21 Mar 2005, 15:37 »

Here's a few just off the top of my head.  I'll try and think of some more:

Privateer: after hours and hours of flying that shitty little Tarsus and saving up all your money, finally taking the Centurion out for a first spin (and let's face it, did anyone play that game and NOT buy the Centurion?).

Doom & Doom 2: any time when you've got a room full of enemies, and a plasma gun full of ammo.

G.T.A. 3: discovering the Unique Stunt just near the airport, where you end up doing a barrel-roll across a huge gorge and, if you get it right, landing on your wheels on the other side.

Gran Turismo 3: when I pulled off the classic "fake on the outside, then cut back and overtake on the inside" manouevre on my brother.  Only time I ever beat him.

californaya

« Reply #23 on: 21 Mar 2005, 20:31 »

Quote from: Inlander
Also while you're playing San Andreas, try car-surfing: jump on top of a car, or preferably onto the tray in the back of a ute, and either stamp on the roof of the car or fire your gun randomly into the traffic - the driver of the car will panic and you'll be taken on a crazy high-speed ride through the city!  Ahh, stupid fun.

I do that with cop cars all the time, but I just jump on them while they're moving.

Violence is wrong.

Lauxman

« Reply #24 on: 21 Mar 2005, 20:34 »

Ah, one of my favorite war stories from my favorite game: World War II Online. Kind of like Planetside, but with a realistic WWII setting in 1940, during the Blitzkrieg.

It was a special event, the German attack on British-held Calais and Boulougne, a town near Calais. The German CinC (Commander in Chief) decided to focus almost all of our forces on Calais. We only had 4 Panzers and a couple of infantry to take Boulgne with. I was one of the Panzers. Three  of us had Panzer IIIEs, one of us had a Panzer 38(t). So, our infantry spot some anti-tank guns on this ridge, along with some infantry. In a column formation, our 4 Panzers drive around a wood to get to the north side of the anti-tank guns and infantry. I'm the second tank, following my CO.

All of a sudden...BAM! Our CO's tank explodes from a flank shot. I swerve my Panzer III to face the anti-tank gun, hiding to our right. The Anti-tank gun got off one more shot, killing my driver, commander, and knocking out my engine, but an AP shell and a spraying of MG fire from my tank killed the anti-tank gun. Although I had lost my engine, my tank kept rolling forward, unable to stop due to my dead driver. I rolled through a small forest, and finally my track was blown of by an enemy sapper on the other side, just north of Boulgne, next to the road heading in. I shot up the sapper and a sub-machine-gunner who threw smoke to cover him.

This is when the fun started. I didn't know where my allies were. I was all alone, with a forest right behind me, letting British sappers sneak up behind me and plant satchel charges on me. However, I was very lucky-the anti-tank gun or the sapper hit my fuel tank, but it didn't explode, it only drained of fuel, so my Panzer was MUCH harder to blow up. This game really models armored combat to the tiniest detail.

All I have left are my turret gunner and hull gunner. I'm constantly checking my rear with the turret, and I mowed down a few infantry who kept trying to stick satchels to the back of my tank. The hull gunner takes on any infantry to the front of me. I got scared a few times when the British threw smoke grenades to blind me, but I sprayed the woods behind me and fired some HE shells.

There I sat, for the entire two hours of the event. Whenever I talked to my guys over Teamspeak, I would say, "Guys, I'm getting kind of bored. The Limeys are leaving me alone now...I think I'll despawn and get another tank, what do you thin-OOOH! BRITISH GUY! *MG chatters* HAHA! SUCK IT, TOMMIES!"
They just did not leave me alone. Once a British truck, towing an anti-tank gun, drove right by me. I swear I put 3 AP shells and a crapload of MG rounds into it, but he just didn't stop!

At the very end, we heard that the attack at Calais had stalled due to one British sub-machine-gunner hiding out in a bunker. A lucky satchel charge (they must have planted at least 6 on me) finally killed my turret gunner, but my hull gunner was still alive. Eventually the event was over, and I accompanied my CinC in the honor squad to the firing range. Initially it was only the CinC and a few of the Game Devs who were to be shot, but a  firefight broke out. I got a kill before I was gunned down, and someone got 4 kills from a grenade.

I had 28 kills, which was a massive amount. The second closest person had 13kills. http://events.wwiionline.com/scripts/events/afteraction.jsp?eid=32&fid=41&cid=67]Here's a link that shows my massive kill count. I'm Deathsai BTW.

When I looked back, I was amazed to find out that I had killed the British CinC, as well! The British barely held onto Calais at the last moment, so we lost, but our small contribution at Boulgne was vital to the German progress in Calais. With only 6-8 men (a few guys would come and go at times), we tied down an entire British company of around 40 men. If we hadn't been so successful at Boulgne, although we never took it, those 40 men would have gone to Calais and caused major trouble up there. One of the game developers, monitoring the event, was amazed. He said:
"I can't believe that Deathsai is still alive. His track fell off and his engine cooked."
Also:
"The Axis attack in Boulgne has grounded down to one disabled tank, surrounded by a horde of enemy infantry."
My squad told me I was a demi-God. I'm just glad the British never had enough sense to tow an anti-tank gun behind me.

Powerferret

« Reply #25 on: 21 Mar 2005, 23:36 »

I think my personal most awesome moment was playing Slayer on Halo with rocket launchers.  I fired a rocket at someone else and they fired one at me, and the rockets hit in midair and blew eachother up. we both stood there like " omg! did you see that!??!  that was so cool!"  yeah it was awesome.  then I shot him while he was still standing there in awe.

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #26 on: 22 Mar 2005, 02:57 »

Playing RE4 last night, being chased by a horde of villagers on the second chapter.
I shoot one guy in the head, run up and kick him while he's staggering, and not only does he go flying, but I manage to knock two other guys off the bridge as well.  Just one guuy left, and I line up the sights and blow his head off the instant I land.

Now that was cool.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #27 on: 22 Mar 2005, 12:05 »

I think a good chunk of them have been while playing Ninja Gaiden.  Or making the hit counter for combos in Marvel vs Capcom 2 reset after getting more then 99 hits.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #28 on: 22 Mar 2005, 15:33 »

Quote from: happybirthdaygelatin
combos in Marvel vs Capcom 2 reset after getting more then 99 hits.

a lot of these moment have been fake, sorry to call you out but you can get over 100 hits and still have the counter count.
:-/

spazworrier

« Reply #29 on: 22 Mar 2005, 15:46 »

Hmmmm, there have been many cool moments, but one moment that sticks in my mind was while I was racing on Burnout 1. I was speeding down this road only to hit a pillar, to which I did a full backflip, landing on my wheels on the bed of a lorry, that was great! It was simple, but hella cool!

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #30 on: 22 Mar 2005, 16:01 »

Will:  That is odd.  Mine reset at 99.  I'll admit it was just while beatin' up on practice dummies though.

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #31 on: 22 Mar 2005, 18:02 »

no biggie, i dont know why i jumped your balls, i like your name, it is a lyric from a fun song.

anyway yeah i was playing some earlier

cant touch my tron bonne, pyslocke, dr.doom trio

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #32 on: 22 Mar 2005, 18:45 »

Quote from: Awkward Silence
With a Sniper Rifle before he got halfway across

Speaking of sniper rifles . . . In G.T.A. 3: the "Bomb the Base" mission,  succesfully sniping every single guard on the ship so that whatisname can blow it up - and doing so WITHOUT using the slow-motion pill (I only discovered it afterwards).  I was very smug after that one.

Burninated Peasant

« Reply #33 on: 22 Mar 2005, 22:17 »

On the whole sniper rifle tangent, one of my favourite things was running around with a sniper rifle in the original Unreal Tournament. Screw camping! Once you develop a good sense of aim and a steady hand you can run down halls taking down anyone who happens to cross your path with one bullet. :D They never see it coming!

Eenfidel

« Reply #34 on: 23 Mar 2005, 00:10 »

Man, you guys play some new games.  We gotta take it back old school some more.

Deus Ex:  Killing Agent Simons.  And the part where the French chick (Nicole?) is like, "Hmm... I lost my virginity back here.  I think Mom was trying to get me into the Sorbonne at the time."

RE4:  Luis going "Hmm... I see the President has equipped his daughter with ballista..."

Nobody's mentioned Aeris' death scene?  Kefka breaking the world?  Tidus fading?  The FF series has some seriously jaw-drops-want-to-cry moments.  Every game there's at least one.

But for badassedness:  Beating thirty-five guys in a row when I was ten on a standup Street Fighter II machine on one quarter.  With E. Honda.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #35 on: 23 Mar 2005, 03:21 »

Quote from: Eenfidel
Nobody's mentioned Aeris' death scene?  Kefka breaking the world?  Tidus fading?  The FF series has some seriously jaw-drops-want-to-cry moments.  Every game there's at least one.

The thing about the Final Fantasy games is that all the really cool stuff happens as part of the plot. Sure, there ARE cool moments - I love the bit in FFX where Sin's drawing power to itself and scores these huge molten trenches in the face of Spira, for example -  but the fact is that there are no player-controlled really cool bits in Final Fantasy. You can beat bosses and everything, sure, but the best bits are all FMV sequences and scripted scenes. They may be cool, but they're not individual cool things that any one player has done.

Heh... I didn't kill Simons. I dumped a full clip of tranquiliser darts into him and then ran away. He took time out to fight some Karkians instead of me, and then fainted.

The second time I fought him, I just loaded the assault rifle up with some grenades before stepping out to meet him. One shot, and he was dog food.

One thing I don't like about deus Ex: you can hack the UNATCO computers and find the second half of Anna Navarre's killphrase, but I've never been able to find the first half. It's *something* Lady.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #36 on: 23 Mar 2005, 03:58 »

Quote from: Eenfidel
Man, you guys play some new games.  We gotta take it back old school some more.

Deus Ex

Wait, Deus Ex is old school?  Dammit, I'm only 25, it's not fair to make me feel like an old, old man!

Anyway, gather round children, and I'll tell you about a legendary age where 2-D graphics and 16 colours were the norm . . . a time when 3-D meant a wire-frame model of a dungeon wall . . . a time that gave rise to the greatest R.P.G. series humanity has ever known, the Ultima series.

Specifically, I'm thinking of Ultima V, which is hands-down my favourite in the series and very high on my list of best games ever.  Coolest moment?  After weeks of hard graft, toughening up your party, watching them get their arses kicked time and time again, finally descending into the Stygian Abyss with three level-8 mages, walking into a room full of dragons, and casting a whole barrel load of "Kill" spells.  Fire-breathing monsters?  Huh?  Oh, you must be talking about that smoking pile of ashes over there.  Heh, heh, heh.

Eenfidel

« Reply #37 on: 23 Mar 2005, 07:15 »

Perhaps it would have been wiser to start my list  in pacing with something a little older than Deus Ex.  I'm just about twenty-two, so not that old.

And I guess I wasn't sure this was a "Coolest thing you ever did" thread instead of a "Coolest thing that ever happened" thread.  It's all good.

Simons wasn't that tough.  Two rockets and poof.  But it was just so wonderful to never hear his smarmy self-fellating voice again.

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #38 on: 23 Mar 2005, 08:55 »

Quote from: Switchblade
One thing I don't like about deus Ex: you can hack the UNATCO computers and find the second half of Anna Navarre's killphrase, but I've never been able to find the first half. It's *something* Lady.

It's 'flatlander', and I'm pretty sure that one of the words is in her/Gunthers computer, and the other one is in the bosses, Though I could be wrong about that.  Just try all of them.

tangen

« Reply #39 on: 23 Mar 2005, 09:08 »

CS: I one time I was playing siege as a ct. And came in the game late. By the time I got up to the fire fighting my whole team was dead and the T's still have 8 guys. I picked up a discarded scout and killed all the T's including a unzoomed kill on the last guy.

CS: First time I played in a tournament match.

Planetside. The first time you get in a huge battle of 100's of players is intense as hell. To bad they ruined that game.

Doom 2: tricks and traps map. I used to bet people money to try and beat that map on their first time. Noone ever did.

There were some fun moments in varies differant rpg or mmorpgs I played but nothing really stands out much anymore.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #40 on: 23 Mar 2005, 14:27 »

heh.... I beat Tricks and Traps the first time around

those goddamn hell knights only take two super shotgun blasts to take down.

as for the room with like a million hell knights plus a cyberdemon... just walk into the room, and pace back and forth up the door end. the cyberdemon will see you, try to shoot you, hit the nearest hell knight, splash damage three more, and suddenly find itself having to fight off all those hell knights. It will kill them all, but be left with only a tiny amount of health. I took it down with the pistol in the end.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #41 on: 23 Mar 2005, 15:44 »

Eh, it wasn't the monsters but the last room of the platforms you have to run across to get to the exit ('fore I found the teleport in.)

Will:  don't worry about it.  I don't get pissed off none too easily.

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #42 on: 23 Mar 2005, 15:57 »

Quote from: tangen
CS: I one time I was playing siege as a ct. And came in the game late. By the time I got up to the fire fighting my whole team was dead and the T's still have 8 guys. I picked up a discarded scout and killed all the T's including a unzoomed kill on the last guy.

ive got a pretty similar one, on dust.

i ended up running around the little tunnel back to ct spawn, knifing one guy, then another, no scoping a guy in the head, back towards b, zooming someone else in the head who was sniping from t side, no scoping  to the chest then glocking the last guy down, and finally, defusing, all without armour :p

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #43 on: 27 Mar 2005, 16:01 »

Heh... to my shame, whenever I play CS, I'm usually the weak link in my team's chain. As in, normally, I'm the first to die. Among my group of friends, it's considered somewhat shaming to be "Fragged by Phil"

unless we're playing UT2004, that is. I'm LETHAL with a flak cannon.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #44 on: 27 Mar 2005, 16:33 »

I have an entire section on my website devoted to video games I've played and awesome moments therein, though it lacks Half-Life 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2, the latter of which I can actually complete the first level of on Extreme mode. Deus Ex was frickin' amazing, I loved the feeling of both linearity and freedom and all that entailed. Also, Painkiller can have some friggin' incredible moments if you play it right.

Also, when Spore comes out then this is going to be a very full thread.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #45 on: 27 Mar 2005, 16:46 »

I just almost got 100000 points in Lumines.

That was pretty cool.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

neomang5

• Curry sauce
  • Machine of Rage and Hate
« Reply #46 on: 27 Mar 2005, 18:03 »

1. Spiderman 2, freefalling from the empire state building, then going to swing, catching a lightpost, swinging back up up and away!

2. Starfox 64, Finally beating the real andross, only to lose both my wings in the tunnels, and escape just in time, with extremely low health

3. Republic Commando, Getting in that huge ass walker in the garage, and shooting the droids and dispensers, and even cap 68 once or twice

4. DDRMAX, after not playing for 3 weeks, playing and passing Healing Vision Angelic Mix (shut up, i love these games)

5. GTA San Andreas, Motorbiking up the ramp of a moving plane, taking out everyone inside, setting it to blow, and leaping, freefalling, then parachuting back to my airport, and flying away on my jetpack
i don't understand why you're implying that i have to come to terms with your crippling failings as a person

c1utch

« Reply #47 on: 27 Mar 2005, 18:13 »

Recently?  Getting the scarab plasma rifle in halo 2 and then playing through the rest of the game on legendary (getting skulls) without saving so as not to lose it.

Also, getting a triple-headshot in CS with an awp.  It was blind luck, I also got banned for hacking.

Also, CS once i shot aimlessly at a wall, only to shoot someone in the head on the other side.

Jooooosh

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #48 on: 27 Mar 2005, 18:17 »

The scarab plasma rifle? tell me what this is
fast-food for thought

Theo

« Reply #49 on: 28 Mar 2005, 02:09 »

Man, I'm surprised the Metal Gear games haven't got that much praise.

The entire first game (although I like the gamecube remake) was completely engrossing all the way through in a way that I haven't found in games since.

the coolest thing recently was in MGS 3. The boss fight with the End? MAN.

Starfox 64 was another favourite, just because of the absoludicrous things that can happen over the course of a level.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up