THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 07:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No CD patches etc etc.  (Read 2832 times)

Iron_Fist

• Larger than most fish
  • Derp-derpa doo.
No CD patches etc etc.
« on: 25 Jul 2007, 03:35 »

Well recently I downloaded Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption from a bit torrent site (I know naughty naughty). However, it requires a no CD patch. I would like to inquire as to whether anyone can direct me to one for it. I have myself searched for one but I couldn't find one.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Iron_Fist

• Larger than most fish
  • Derp-derpa doo.
Re: No CD patches etc etc.
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2007, 05:26 »

Excellent work thankyou Tommy. Well shit, whilst this did make the game initialize it doesn't actually get past the opening where lucasarts and petroglyph advertise themselves.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2007, 05:54 by Iron_Fist »
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

azgarth

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2007, 16:06 »

have you tried megagames?
i use it if gamecopyworld turns up squat, see if this helps

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2007, 22:14 »

Just remember to put a copy of the original .exe in another folder somewhere.  Official patches tend to be picky about the game .exe checking out properly.  (This is more of a reminder to myself.)
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

azgarth

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2007, 04:56 »

ya, i always just rename the first to <originalgame>.exeold, good for patches, or if the crack doesn't work which, as you just have experianed, can happen.

oh, and if you still have the iso, try and see what happens if you mount it, and run it, perhaps you have to direct the game to the correct drive through an ini or other file first tho.
Pages: [1]   Go Up