THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod people, assemble!  (Read 18155 times)

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #50 on: 02 Apr 2005, 01:46 »

omg.  I have a gift certificate for iTunes.

YUSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Tho winamp doesn't play mp4s (at least my version doesn't) can't have everything I gues

GebStar

• Furry furrier
iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #51 on: 02 Apr 2005, 02:40 »

Im going to smash my iPod into a million pieces.
Recently, i did a major upload with a fire wire cable, which i hadn't done before, but i just got a firewire port. Now, when i try to play the songs that i uploaded, they wont play, just skip to the next and that wont play, finally it will stop, and freeze. Normally it comes out from the freeze after a few minutes, but this time it didn't, and the battery died. Im charging it, hoping it will be better.

Sorry for ranting, has anyone experienced this problem? or know of any solutions?
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

mosfet

iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #52 on: 02 Apr 2005, 04:54 »

i havn't had an issue, but I use a mac with my ipod.

I do however hate the iTunes computer auhorization of music bought off iTunes.
If I buy music, I don't want to have to enter a password just to listen to it on my computer, then have to enter my password on my friend's computer so he can listen to it, then have to enter my password on my wife's computer, etc, etc, etc.
WTF is with that?

good thing you can purchase, rip to CD, remove from iTunes, then rip back, but thats a pain in the butt.

c1utch

iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #53 on: 02 Apr 2005, 07:18 »

whats with that is it prevents you from, say, putting it up on kazaa or somthing, which was the point.  You only have to login one time, and it will stay logged in anyway.

The ipod freezing/skipping to next song problem sounds like an issue i had with mine when the HDD went out, except it would stop being recognized by itunes as well, and the updater stopped working.

Ironically, my iPod seems to have gone out again, this time the entire click wheel has ceased to function, but the unlock/lock icon will go on and off. Damn, another month in repair

pip_helix

iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #54 on: 02 Apr 2005, 08:54 »

i have a pink mini, and i love that thing to death. i've got about 500 songs on it, but the gb capacity is still nowhere near halfway full. not sure how that's working, but it's great. i bought it cos i hate walking around campus at night by myself (stupid orchestra...night rehearsals...*tangent!*) and the music kinda blocks out the outside world, makes it a little less obnoxious.

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #55 on: 02 Apr 2005, 19:56 »

hmmm.... I can't say I particularly share the wealth like the aforementioned problems with iTunes, but good to know about the lil' back and forth you can do.  As for pip, just make sure you don't block the outside world at night TOO much while you're out by yourself, eh?  I've had a couple of close calls personally lately that I reconsider putting my own headphones on at night.

pip_helix

iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #56 on: 02 Apr 2005, 22:18 »

oh, litersize, i appreciate the concern. it's not really night, it's more like 5.30, that sorta late afternoon "i'd rather be inside chilling out, why am i trekking across campus" hour. most of the commuters have stopped driving around by then.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #57 on: 03 Apr 2005, 11:25 »

I want an iPod so much.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #58 on: 05 Apr 2005, 11:04 »

iPods are for YES.  I mine seems to skip the songs a bit early every once in awhile, anyone have suggestions?

Bunny

iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #59 on: 05 Apr 2005, 12:06 »

I have an iPod, but I don't use it that often.  I never go anywhere, so I do not have use for music on the go.  I live in a shady neighborhood, so when I workout in the outside world I like to hear things.. crazy sneakies.  

I believe mine is a 20gig.  I have 6.41gig or so filled.  I got it for Christymus one year, and it overjoyed me.

The back looks like it was attacked by a rabid mongoose, but whatever.

ucfgeek

iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #60 on: 06 Apr 2005, 11:52 »

Quote from: Johnny C
I want an iPod so much.

I wanted one so much that I was saving up pocket change, cause that was about the only thing my gf would let me set aside for such foolishness, had about 80$ saved and was about to break down and get a shuffle (just to get in on the sweet ipod-action), then all of a sudden I won a mini on the radio. Woo-Hoo!

ElRodente

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • unf unf unf
    • doodleblog
iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #61 on: 06 Apr 2005, 12:33 »

Quote from: japaneasy
This is gonna sound really lame, but on the topic of headphones...  My hair sticks straight up when it starts getting longer (see pic thread-Asio puff pic for reference).  When I wear my normal headphones, they tamp down the hair in this one band across my head, and it looks really strange.  For reference:

So when my hair gets into the poof stage, I rock the regular bud earphones.  But when it's not, I wear the Sony's.

aswatchuwant
Oh no, he was fine... and now he's poorly from too much electric

StrikeThePostman

iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #62 on: 06 Apr 2005, 15:49 »

I've got a 20 gig iPod.  One of the only things that's bothered me so far is the fact that it sometimes craps out and randomly skips songs; it'll show the title and then skip to the next track without playing anything, even if I click on it in the menu.  I probably just need to reload the songs or something.

I love it because I walk my dog a ton during the winter and it's pretty dismal outside then, so it's nice to have something to listen to.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #63 on: 06 Apr 2005, 16:38 »

Argh, I can't stand those kind of headphones.  (Posted by Rodente)

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #64 on: 08 Apr 2005, 10:47 »

I've been a fan of sony clip/slip-on ones... .handy at the gym and just in general for staying-onness

japaneasy

iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #65 on: 08 Apr 2005, 20:46 »

Yeah the clipon phones just don't do it for me.  They never feel right.

yipjumpmusic

iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #66 on: 08 Apr 2005, 23:37 »

Does anyone here happen to know an ipod average battery life?  I mean until it becomes so bad you have to replace.  This is a big reason I never got one.  100 buck replacement?  I don't know, can someone just tell me if things are any different now or maybe things on this I don't know or forgot?

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #67 on: 09 Apr 2005, 09:04 »

Japaneasy:  I got some substantial ear lobes, so maybe that's why they work for me (I'm not a Ferengi mind you!)  My gf has a problem with my headphones like that though, she's got the cutest petite ears!  (ANYWAY, *cough* drag racing! YEA!)

Yip:  The old iPods used to be good for only 18 months it was rumored, but that was way back.  I've heard 500 charge cycles is the norm, which was supposed to be around 3 years.  I ended up just getting an iPod replacement plan from Best Buy to cover my butt.  the iPod has a lithium ion battery so you don't want to keep it charging ALL the time, mind you but it should be ok if you just charge it when you really need to.

yipjumpmusic

iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #68 on: 10 Apr 2005, 16:50 »

hmm k thanks for the info

EpicPants

• Not quite a lurker
  • Pants are like vibrators
Re: iPod people, assemble!
« Reply #69 on: 09 Aug 2007, 17:08 »

I love my iPod, because it's an 80gig, and I have a crapload of music.
But recently I changed the OS on it to Rockbox, which is pretty awesome.
I can even play gameboy games and doom on my ipod!
But really, I love my iPod, even if only because it's big.
Eating lots and lots of potatoes since 1845.

iliketodraw

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #70 on: 10 Aug 2007, 00:57 »

I bought a 60gb one, then they released the 80gb one for the same price, then i realised watching videos on a 3" screen or whatever probably wasn't as revolutionary as i was lead to believe. I have never used my ipod headphones. Buy new headphones.

Lotus

« Reply #71 on: 10 Aug 2007, 11:32 »

I have the 30gb, but space became a seriously problem quickly and I loathe having to organize music on my iPod.  It would be nice to get an 80gb and use the iPod as an external hard drive because I get freaked out at the idea of losing so much music since most of it is stored in one location.
A friend told me that Costco has an iPod return policy that comes off as too good to be true.  This was a very brief mention but he said that he took his broken 30gb that he had for over a year to Costco, and they, without hassle, handed him a brand new 80gb.

scrubadub

• Plantmonster
« Reply #72 on: 15 Aug 2007, 07:40 »

I have playlists done by mood/genra.

Sometimes I'm just in the mood for some chilled beats, other times I want to listen to stuff that makes you want to sing along and then there's those times when you just want to rock out to metal :p

I would never have bought an iPod, thought they where just trendy fashion accessorys. Then I was given one for christmas and I have to admit that they are actually really nice mp3 players.

I'm sure you're probably paying a little extra for the looks if you do get one, but they are decent and the games have enterained me on many long comutes.

Mister Arkadin

« Reply #73 on: 16 Aug 2007, 14:23 »

I got a first-gen Nano for my birthday. I'm not a big fan of Apple, but it's actually all right.

The iTunes store pisses me off, though. Some of the songs that I purchased wouldn't play on my iPod, so after reading the troubleshooting manual twice, I sent an email to the support people telling them about it. They were just like 'LOL TRY THE TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL' after I'd told them that I'd read it twice.

EpicPants, thanks for informing me about Rockbox. I'm going to play Final Fantasy on my iPod now.

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #74 on: 17 Aug 2007, 10:01 »

Wow this thread is old. Two years?
WHO IS THE NECROMANCER OF EVIL!
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

Tehz

• The German Chancellory building
  • and the driving snow that drives me home
« Reply #75 on: 19 Aug 2007, 09:48 »

I have a 30G, in white. I love my little iPod.

When I put it on, I usually have something I specifically want to listen to. Lately, however, I've been fond of the shuffle feature. When I don't know what I want to listen to I'll just shuffle until I find something that I do want, and then I'll go to the actual album and have a listen.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up