THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 19:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finaru Fantashi 11...?  (Read 7894 times)

Vertical Stripes

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« on: 01 Apr 2005, 09:53 »

I swear there must be a million topics about this, but I wasn't able to see one >_>  

So, does anyone play?  More importantly - anyone play on Shiva?  Anyone want me to get them a world pass for Shiva?

Discuss!

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2005, 15:26 »

Asura > Shiva. Even if our Economy is FUCKED.

Show me another server with a 19 PLD(Me; I lost my level 50 when I quit for 3 months) who can hold hate against cure III, without invincible!

Bow down to my Elvaan Bad-ass-ness.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

Vertical Stripes

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2005, 16:51 »

You should come play on Shiva!  <3

I used to play on Lakshmi before I vanished off to the land of Eng for four months.  Now I'm working on leveling THF/NIN all the way through and playing around with DRG and BRD.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2005, 20:04 »

I was part of the beta on PS2. I still haven't opened my free HDD because I can't find the damn money to buy online service.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2005, 21:43 »

I will be staying on Asura unless something drastic happens. This 19PLD is my third time restarting. Once was to change servers, again because I lost the intarweb for a few months, and again for the same. I'll probly just give up if I have to start again. Find me another MMORPG to play. Something that is hopefully free.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

Kjammer

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #5 on: 01 Apr 2005, 23:09 »

I played on Bahamut for nine months (DEC 2003 - SEP 2004) and then I stopped playing.  The economy on Bahamut was pretty much stable (except for the month the PS2 virsion was released in the U.S.).  I've been hearing some fucked up things about Ifrit's economy from a friend (have not witnessed it).

I'm sorry you cannot persuade [sp?] me to play again, My virsion is more than a year old and will take 40 hours (exaggeration) to update, also after quitting a MMORPG cold turkey, I found it very difficult to readjust to the changed community.   The FFXI community is way different from when I started, and I don't like readjusting.

It Isn't the same, it's not like the good ol' days anymore. :(

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #6 on: 02 Apr 2005, 00:28 »

i played on Lakshmi for a while, got up to about level 25ish with my Galkan warrior/monk.  was going for Paladin, but then read a lot of things about Galkan paladins being shithouse because they don't have enough mana to hold hate efficiently.  i started looking about to see what else i could do, but by then i'd kinda burned out on it anyways.

i want an rpg/mmorpg with multi-skilling where you don't have to start over again in order to learn new classes.  i like the job/class structure in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.  to me it's about the most logical job system in any rpg ever.

Deformagraphy

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #7 on: 02 Apr 2005, 00:35 »

I played for about 3 months of my LIFE on Valefor.

Christ, that sucked.

Not really, it was fun while it lasted and the scenery was some of the most beautiful stuff I've ever seen.  World of Warcraft is nasty looking.  This is beautiful.

Remember La Thiene Plateau?  When it rained?  I could sit there and stare at it whilst resting and not loose a beat.  This could be because I've been up for 13 hours straight at the time and was easily entertained, but it was a well made game, dammit.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #8 on: 02 Apr 2005, 00:42 »

yyyyep.

as excited as i was for WoW, i am sure that now that the quest-based system has shown to be so popular another MMORPG that actually looks good will come out with gameplay like it and impress me more.

and i'll be never heard from again.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #9 on: 02 Apr 2005, 02:10 »

Man, all this discussion of this genre makes me glad I've held out on it.

Vertical Stripes

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #10 on: 03 Apr 2005, 00:22 »

Awww =(  I have made no new FF friends.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #11 on: 03 Apr 2005, 11:25 »

Let me know what your name is and I'll tell you when I finally sign up for it.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Vertical Stripes

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #12 on: 03 Apr 2005, 13:18 »

My handle is Linky, and my character on Shiva is named Tobia.

Faust

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #13 on: 04 Apr 2005, 07:09 »

I played on Asura for 3 months and I am ashamed I even fell victum to the hype.

I swear it takes decades to level when your alone
decades to get from A to B, even within the same map
decades to heal after 1 battle

so on and so forth

Vertical Stripes

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #14 on: 04 Apr 2005, 07:43 »

Yeah, but I kinda like it for that.  You have to work really hard to become a high-level something or other, so it's a real sense of accomplishment.

Deformagraphy

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #15 on: 04 Apr 2005, 12:59 »

Quote from: Vertical Stripes
Yeah, but I kinda like it for that.  You have to work really hard to become a high-level something or other, so it's a real sense of accomplishment.

I liked that at first too, but then 22 levels into it I realized I'm trying to do the same thing in life.  Succeed.

So, I stopped.  But it was fun while it lasted.  

If there was one thing I could change it would be the ability to solo.  I would have really loved that, seeing as around level 15 it gets nearly impossible.

Vertical Stripes

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #16 on: 04 Apr 2005, 17:02 »

Beastmasters solo the whole game.

Simulacra

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #17 on: 11 Apr 2005, 21:19 »

I'm currently a 45 pld/war on alexander.  I've met a few people who play, but they're on diablos.  i'd play with ya vert, but i've got 8 months invested in this character and a pretty kick-ass linkshell.  I've even got a pld mentor. but i haven't played in 3 weeks. not much to do after 40 if you ask me except BCNM's and helping lowbies.

kingfandango

Finaru Fantashi 11...?
« Reply #18 on: 16 Apr 2005, 15:23 »

I just wanted to ask opinions on whether or not it's to late to really get into playing this game???

Don't ak me why but I've never gotten a PS2, though I have every other system aside from a DS or PSP. It's not that I'm against Sony, I just never could bring myself to part with the money for one I guess. Lately though I've become increasingly curious about playing a MMORPG and since my computer can't handle one I figured on just getting a PS2 along with Final Fantasy XI in the next couple weeks, is there anyone out there that would be willing to give me some advice on this matter. I would ask my friends, but they are prodominently hardcore FPS players or don't have online service.

Thanx
Pages: [1]   Go Up