THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 17:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Question  (Read 6704 times)

scrub

iPod Question
« on: 03 Apr 2005, 21:39 »

Thanks to iTunes and my unhealthy Mountain Dew fetish, I got a few free songs.  I purchased them and everything, then uploaded them to my iPod.  When I try to listen to the purchased songs on my iPod, the song shows up, but doesn't play.  It just skips to the next song.  Anyone know what's up?

Oerdin

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
iPod Question
« Reply #1 on: 04 Apr 2005, 00:53 »

I much prefer the 40gb Creative Zen Touch mp3 player.  Just an all around superior device to an Ipod.

I actually care about sound quality and the value of my money, so of course an Ipod was out of the question.  Why pay more for a device that is sonically inferior, supports fewer formats, as fewer availably online resources and has substantially less battery life?

c1utch

iPod Question
« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2005, 06:01 »

wow can you say troll?

@ scrub: that is a weird problem, are you signed into the ITMS when uploading?  Can you play the songs in your iTunes etc?  Sorry, never heard of it happening before, weird.

@ Oerdin: Man, you really should do your research before trolling.  Music quality on the iPod is just about the same as your creative.  While the mini is worse, the shuffle is supposedly the best audio quality ever to be seen in an mp3 player.  Not only was your post not apropriate in any way, it was pretty much wrong. If by fewer formats you mean "WMA" then doesnt that just go along with being "sonically inferior"?  No one likes wma. I'm pretty sure your touch doesnt play OGG Vorbis, or FLAC so I'm not sure what format you could mean that would suit your quality needs.

GebStar

• Furry furrier
iPod Question
« Reply #3 on: 04 Apr 2005, 06:17 »

Quote from: c1utch
wow can you say troll?

@ Oerdin: Man, you really should do your research before trolling.  Music quality on the iPod is just about the same as your creative.  While the mini is worse, the shuffle is supposedly the best audio quality ever to be seen in an mp3 player.  Not only was your post not apropriate in any way, it was pretty much wrong. If by fewer formats you mean "WMA" then doesnt that just go along with being "sonically inferior"?  No one likes wma. I'm pretty sure your touch doesnt play OGG Vorbis, or FLAC so I'm not sure what format you could mean that would suit your quality needs.

I'm a little pissed off with the battery life of the iPod but i don't care that much.

@scrub, i think you've been ripped off and their isnt much you can do about it. Write an angry letter to apple.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

call it glitter

iPod Question
« Reply #4 on: 04 Apr 2005, 06:43 »

My iPod doesn't play like, 15 songs off an album I put on there (they were mp3s and everything). Try removing them from the iPod (Remove them from iTunes then plug the iPod in, and wait til it's disconnected) then put it on again. That worked for me.

c1utch

iPod Question
« Reply #5 on: 04 Apr 2005, 20:18 »

Quote from: GebStar

I'm a little pissed off with the battery life of the iPod but i don't care that much.

I've found a "restore" every once and a while seems to reset some sort of memory that the battery has, and will add a few hours back to the battery life, its worked every time i've tried it with mine.

@scrub: If you have an older iPod, or even a new one, maybe your iPod firmware isn't up to date fully?  check to see if it is, if not, update it and try then.

scrub

iPod Question
« Reply #6 on: 04 Apr 2005, 21:50 »

My iPod is very new.. I just got a new one last week.  The songs I purchased work in iTunes, but don't on my iPod.  It shows the song title and all, then it skips to the next song.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
iPod Question
« Reply #7 on: 04 Apr 2005, 22:55 »

Second question: Would you give your left nut for an iPod?

I know I would.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
iPod Question
« Reply #8 on: 05 Apr 2005, 11:58 »

No to the lefty question, Mr. C.  I feel oddly unpleasent from lopsidedness.  As in back in the day after my brother shaved one of my legs quite a bit while I was asleep I shaved the other because otherwise it felt and seemed too weird.

Also I wouldn't turn down a free, cheap or gifted 'Pod but I'm not about to spend that much money on one.

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com
iPod Question
« Reply #9 on: 05 Apr 2005, 13:03 »

Usually if an iPod is acting weird, resetting it will fix it.
With my ipod (all white face, four buttons along the top), you press and hold the menu and play buttons for a few seconds.
I think with the new ones, you press and hold menu and the round button in the middle of the scroll pad.
Resetting doesn't erase anything, it just reboots the system or whatever.
Also, try reconnecting it to iTunes, remove the songs and put them back on, like call it glitter said (if you're doing automatic syncing, make sure you don't throw out the songs permanently!)
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

ASturge

iPod Question
« Reply #10 on: 05 Apr 2005, 13:26 »

the whole concept of itunes scares me. Ipods would be better if you could just put mp3s onto it through the plug in file thingy.

c1utch

iPod Question
« Reply #11 on: 05 Apr 2005, 17:14 »

you can ... with like 30 other programs that enable you to do so, most like windows explorer is anapod.

Eh, you could try resetting it, but i don't know if it will do anything, its basically like restarting a computer.  You could restore it via the iPod updater, or just call apple and ask them whats up if you bought it in the last 90 days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up