THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 22:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A great feeling indeed!  (Read 8834 times)

Coreh

• Obscure cultural reference
A great feeling indeed!
« on: 06 Apr 2005, 15:15 »

You know the feeling when a song is stuck in your head and you love it, but you have no idea who sings it or what any of the words are, if it even has any?

If so, do you know the feeling when you finally find the song?

I LOVE THAT FEELING!

I am currently downloading Sandstorm by Darude. This song has been stuck in my head for a month, and by humming it in class, it has gotten stuck in my friends' heads as well. Today, I finally got fed up with not knowing, so I've spent like an hour looking for it. Then I finally found it.
YAY INTERNETS.

So have any of you had an experience like mine?

ASturge

A great feeling indeed!
« Reply #1 on: 06 Apr 2005, 15:18 »

yesh!!!!

im still doing it, i looked for about 20 minutes yesterday, but ive been doing it on and off for a month.

Its the Jazz song that is the background for the Guiness Ad where the people get out of the cab and walk through the woods... then they reach a house and fireflies go EVERYWHERE.
then it says "from darkness comes light"

anybody know that song and can aid me in my search?

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
A great feeling indeed!
« Reply #2 on: 06 Apr 2005, 16:03 »

I had the ultimate version of this scenario.  I just recently discovered who did the song that featured in the final episode of "Northern Exposure", 10 YEARS AGO.  It'd been so long that literally all I could remember of the song was that it was in a country/folkish vein, and I really loved it.

And then reading the new album reviews in the weekend newspaper a while ago, I read in a review of Iris DeMent's latest a throw-away remark about her song "Our Town" which was used in the final episode of "Northern Exposure" . . .

After confirming with allmusic.com, the next week I went out and bought her album Infamous Angel, and thus great happiness was created.
Pages: [1]   Go Up