THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delgados are no more...  (Read 7162 times)

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
Delgados are no more...
« on: 08 Apr 2005, 16:18 »

One of the best miserable bands have split up. This makes me sad. This is what their website said:
Chemikal Underground issued this announcement today concerning The Delgados...

The Delgados, influential figures in Glasgow's independent music scene for over 10 years, have announced that they are to amicably disband. The reason has been put down to the departure of their bass player Stewart Henderson who informed the band in the New Year that he did not wish to make another album. The Delgados have always been known as uniquely collaborative songwriters and as such, it was decided that the band could not continue without all of its original members.

The Delgados leave behind them 5 critically acclaimed albums including The Great Eastern, Hate and last year's Universal Audio. Their two principal songwriters Emma Pollock and Alun Woodward will be pursuing individual projects and drummer Paul Savage will continue production duties at the band's Chem19 Studios in Hamilton.

The four friends will continue to run their record label Chemikal Underground in this, its 10th Anniversary year, with releases scheduled for Malcolm Middleton, Mother & The Addicts and Arab Strap. They are extremely grateful to everyone who has supported The Delgados over the course of their career.

We would especially like to thank all of our fans for your wonderful support. Don't be too upset everyone...get a massive carry out, turn the stereo up and play your albums at full volume.

Anyone else sad about this?

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Delgados are no more...
« Reply #1 on: 08 Apr 2005, 16:59 »

no, never heard of tjhem
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Amsterdarn

Delgados are no more...
« Reply #2 on: 08 Apr 2005, 18:09 »

Yeah.  I just discovered them a few months ago, when I borrowed Hate from a friend.  Wonderful music, shame I'll never get to see them.

Mnementh

Delgados are no more...
« Reply #3 on: 08 Apr 2005, 18:17 »

Wait a few minutes, they'll form a new band with the remaining members and a new name.

yipjumpmusic

Delgados are no more...
« Reply #4 on: 08 Apr 2005, 18:28 »

on a side note, 2 more posts Muffy, get ready to throw the horns

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
Delgados are no more...
« Reply #5 on: 08 Apr 2005, 20:45 »

I hate to say it, but I'm actually kind of relieved. It's all been downhill since Peloton, I haven't even dared to hear Universal Audio after the bland horror that was Hate.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

dirge

Delgados are no more...
« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2005, 04:14 »

sniff sniff, gutted these guys were great.  I don't think they'll reform etc more likely to put their time into the label.

got my online name from a bside on their sucrose cd :(

Vertical Stripes

Delgados are no more...
« Reply #7 on: 11 Apr 2005, 08:48 »

This makes me very sad =(  I also only got into them a few months ago, and now I will never get to see them in concert or anything.  Suckage.

Praeserpium Machinarum

Delgados are no more...
« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2005, 14:15 »

Though I admit I have only heard Hate(which was incredibly awesome), I am sad to see them disband, oh at least there will be solo projects :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up