Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: oh no!  (Read 7287 times)

emudoug

oh no!
« on: 10 Apr 2005, 20:27 »

i can't find my arcade fire cd! i've looked everywhere for it!
*cires*

mechorg

oh no!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2005, 20:46 »

I just got mine back today from my brother whom I'm trying to get into good music.

You'll live, there's plenty more music out there.
I wouldn't really consider this 'whine about it on a web forum' news, however.

...not trying to be an ass, just tired and cranky.

EDIT:
Just to make this post seem less like a bitchy one, I haven't found my Thievery Corp. Mirror Conspiracy cd since I bought it about a year ago.  The cd itself looks too much like all the unlabeled mix cds I have around that I think it got lost in the mix.
*shrug*

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
oh no!
« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2005, 21:03 »

If this is becoming a 'music you've lost' thread, then I've currently lost albums by...

The Bravery
Brakes
Feist
The Boxer Rebellion
Air

I really should tidy my room up. I have a feeling I'll find them under the bed or somewhere equally daft..

Sixleaf

oh no!
« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2005, 21:14 »

Quote from: mechorg
I just got mine back today from my brother whom I'm trying to get into good music.

How old is your brother?  I'm trying to do the same with my brother--he's 13.  He doesn't really like anything besides jazz, and I suppose it could be worse.  I have to make sure everything I give him would be parent-approved, though.

mechorg

oh no!
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2005, 13:12 »

I actually have 4 brothers that all look to me when they want new music.  The older one is married and now listens to country, so he's a lost cause.

The younger ones still have hope, though. ;)
The one that just brought back a good spindle of my cds is a college student in the middle of farm country and has roommates that listen to rap.  I let him borrow about 15 cds at a time and he'll later go and buy what he liked or look for others like it.

I have a brother that is 14 and I'm just starting to corrupt his mind.  He mostly listens to video game music and I'm trying to find some way to get him interested in some other stuff.  The younger ones do like that jazz. :)  Maybe get him into some Four Tet or Tortoise, you don't have to worry about naughty lyrics and its an opening to the indie scene with still a jazzy feel.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
oh no!
« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2005, 14:51 »

Quote from: Sixleaf

How old is your brother?  I'm trying to do the same with my brother--he's 13.  He doesn't really like anything besides jazz, and I suppose it could be worse.  

Jazz is fucking awesome. Plus, think of it this way; He could be listening to Korn.

My brother lost my cd case a couple months ago which had a good 70 or 80 cds in there, and I'm really fucking pissed.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

mechorg

oh no!
« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51 »

Quote from: Kai

My brother lost my cd case a couple months ago which had a good 70 or 80 cds in there, and I'm really fucking pissed.

Thats why burned cds are a matter of life or death to the guilty party.  I had a case of cds stolen years ago and i'm still trying to recollect the imports and bootlegs that i had in it.
Now, everything gets copied in the computer and no originals get carried around by me.

+ for the jazz, too.  I have played tenor sax for ten years and always respect the roots.  Coltrane, Davis, Brubeck... the kid is listening to some good stuff.

Two_Tone

oh no!
« Reply #7 on: 11 Apr 2005, 17:03 »

I've bought Fugazi repeater like 4 times.

emudoug

oh no!
« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2005, 20:27 »

i broke down and picked up another copy...
sure enough, my roommate knew where it was as soon as i showed it to him.

oh well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up