THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Silver Mt. Zion  (Read 5029 times)

Jolouie

A Silver Mt. Zion
« on: 12 Apr 2005, 22:11 »

If you like them, you are now a friend of mine, and are welcome to stop by my loft in Chicago.

yipjumpmusic

A Silver Mt. Zion
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2005, 22:35 »

Next time I am in Chicago ;)  Only been there once.  Still waiting for the bloody new cd.

Alyonva

A Silver Mt. Zion
« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2005, 23:09 »

Horses in the Sky?

Meh.

I am really not a fan of this whole singing thing, and much of the "This is Our Punk Rock..." album was mostly left ignored by myself save for the first song which I think is very, very good.

Horses in the Sky is pretty much all singing. It has good moments, but those moments are clouded by the terrible singing. I do enjoy washing dishes to the album. Not as much as other (non-Efrim related) albums. I like to listen to music while washing the dishes.

I do still listen to the last Godspeed album quite a bit. Your mileage may vary.

Sturge

A Silver Mt. Zion
« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2005, 03:41 »

If I ever come to Chicago, you can buy me food and let me sleep in your bed, whilst you are on the floor -_-

mechorg

A Silver Mt. Zion
« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2005, 16:34 »

I live dangerously close to chicago, are you sure you want to make that offer? ;)

I absolutely love them and got hooked when I jumped onto the Godspeed/Do Make Say Think/Fly Pan Am train years ago.  Still listen almost religiously to DMST but my Mt. Zion cd has been neglected.

like Herod

A Silver Mt. Zion
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2005, 16:47 »

Quote from: mechorg
I live dangerously close to chicago, are you sure you want to make that offer? ;)

I absolutely love them and got hooked when I jumped onto the Godspeed/Do Make Say Think/Fly Pan Am train years ago.  Still listen almost religiously to DMST but my Mt. Zion cd has been neglected.

I'm quite the other way round, barely listened to Winter Hymn.. when it came out but I'm a massive massive fan of ASMtZ. Caught them last year in Manchester (I'm from England btw! Hello) and got Efrim to write something on my copy of "This is our Punk Rock" vinyl, I realise this is very much the move of a fanboy but i couldn't resist.

But yeah Horses In The Sky is probably my favourite, they get better with every album. By the time it got to 'Hang on to each other' I was in love, such an amazing song that was captured at a campfire.

Don't think I'll be taking you up on the offer of Chicago though, bit far for me to travel.

mattkills

A Silver Mt. Zion
« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2005, 22:44 »

i dig this band.  the new album sounds a lot more like the 2x10" (the second one, i forget the name, whatever...) and this is our punk rock melded together.  i dig it.  plus, gotta respect the clapping on the first song.

constellation records can do pretty much no wrong.  now if they would get off their asses and put out a new polmo polpo record.

daysweregolden

A Silver Mt. Zion
« Reply #7 on: 14 Apr 2005, 04:32 »

i really like the singing in a silver mt zion! its quirky/eery

Revenge_Therapist

A Silver Mt. Zion
« Reply #8 on: 14 May 2005, 13:10 »

A Sliver in Mt. Zion/Godspeed You Black Emporer= some of the best insturmentals around. I love both bands to death. Sliver's He left rays of light album is one of my favorites for playing horror games too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up