THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 00:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Moody Blues  (Read 4554 times)

Smiley

The Moody Blues
« on: 14 Apr 2005, 11:32 »

So, I'm just wondering how many people here besides me are fans of The Moody Blues, and if you are, what are your favorite songs? And if your not a fan of the Moody Blues, are there any similar bands which you are a fan of?

My favorite Moody Blues songs are Wildest Dreams, I know Your Out There Somewhere, House of the Risin' Sun, Forever Autumn, Nights in White Satin, and Tuesday Afternoons.

mechorg

The Moody Blues
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2005, 14:57 »

My dad had practically the entire Moody Blues collection on vinyl when i was growing up, so i've liked them since i could hear.
I wouldn't really call myself a fan, but a good Moody Blues song never turned me off. :)

I'd put Yes right up there with them and for the same reasons.  My dad listened to some pretty cool music in his younger years.

LightThievesAll

• Obscure cultural reference
    • http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ajohnsto
The Moody Blues
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2005, 21:21 »

I have several of my dad's old Moody Blues records, and while I listen to them from time to time, I don't have a good song listing.  However, "Nights in White Satin" is pretty damn awesome.  Once I get my record player hooked up again, I can start listening to them more.
Everybody needs to believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.

yipjumpmusic

The Moody Blues
« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2005, 23:22 »

My dad loves em as well.

nitroholic

iLOVE thEIR BASSLINES
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2005, 14:20 »

i RECENTLY LEARNED THE BASSLINES TO NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN. iT WAS CHALLANGING ENOUGH BUT YET SIMPLE AT THE SAME TIME. i ENCOURAGE ANY BASS GUITATRIST OUT THERE TO LEARN ALL THEY CAN FROM THE OLD STUFF.!!

my kEYBORD IS SCRWED.

Tearon

The Moody Blues
« Reply #5 on: 21 Apr 2005, 21:35 »

I like Question and The Story in Your Eyes. Especaily the former.

Because of your evil thread, I now have Nights In White Satin stuck in my head. I blame you!

(Hisses)

Smiley

The Moody Blues
« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2005, 06:46 »

Nights in White Satin always reminds me of a bunch of spies, like the girl spy took advantage of the guy spy ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up