THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 01:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: British Music in American TV shows (Not the OC)  (Read 3987 times)

The Mighty Mopdecai

I was making notes in my Chef Book when my sister and mother watching Desparate Housewives and Kasabian.
I started freakin' out screamin' "get your own music dog dammit"

Then it got me thinking on how much a few years ago in the UK after Britpop exploded nearly all the big music was imported.
Its nice to have so many British bands to try to break America at the moment. Anyone in particular that this board loves.

Myself personaly I hope The Zutons break America.
And is there any over American TV show where you heard a Brit band in the background

Empty Friend

British Music in American TV shows (Not the OC)
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2005, 17:32 »

CSI plays a lot of good music in the background, I remember "Get Free" being played during a car chase before they had really broken... I know there are some actual british bands in there too, but that's the only show that comes to mind.

mechorg

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2005, 18:08 »

Television is like chewing gum for the eyes.
The only show I will actually watch on TV is CSI just for the reason posted above.  All the music played in the show is excellent and lots of stuff pulled right from my own music collection.

Kudos to whomever their music-picker is!

Artists I've heard on CSI:  (I'll add more when I think of them)
Massive Attack, Underworld, NIN, Radiohead, Mocean Worker...

Patatat

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2005, 20:05 »

I heard pig destroyer on CSI once. No joke.

Anyways, I think british music of the new age pretty much sucks. Just my opinion. Yeah, so you heard one british song on one show, and this constitues grounds for a new british invasion. Really, I barely even hear british music on the radio. Let alone tv.

jus

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2005, 01:19 »

Quote from: Patatat
I heard pig destroyer on CSI once. No joke.

Anyways, I think british music of the new age pretty much sucks. Just my opinion. Yeah, so you heard one british song on one show, and this constitues grounds for a new british invasion. Really, I barely even hear british music on the radio. Let alone tv.

From what date on do you consider this new age to have started? I like a lot of not new, not old, but active bands from the UK... and no, I'm not into Franz Ferdinand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up