THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 00:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: talk about a band you wish more people have heard of here.  (Read 44341 times)

heretic

talk about a band you wish more people have heard of here.
« Reply #250 on: 31 May 2005, 12:41 »

Furslide.

chick namer jennifer turner, good guitarist, great voice. mm tasty lyrics. they broke up or something and she went to a band called inner, which i have not been able to find anywhere. damn this scene.

Lysander. check it out at http://www.lysrock.com download the EP for free.
               bassist was my roommate last year, they fall short of sucking

Merkava

« Reply #251 on: 31 May 2005, 12:53 »

Definently not going to try and read every post, but I wish more people knew about The Dismemberment Plan. Seriously, for a band that basically REVOLUTIONIZED Indie Rock (or Rock in general), they sure aren't as well-known as I would hope.

I'm sure SOMEONE has mentioned them somewhere in this maelstrom, though. ;P

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #252 on: 31 May 2005, 15:12 »

Much as I do love the Plan, do you really think they were all that revolutionary?
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Merkava

« Reply #253 on: 31 May 2005, 15:22 »

I don't want to be that annoying fanboy guy, but they did do something to the Indie scene. I guess you could say they made spastic, multi-genre punk cool. XP

OMG there's a tribute.

http://www.stylusmagazine.com/feature.php?ID=62

This will be the last of my gushing. I hate it when one person oogles over their favorite band constantly.

Song of the moment...

Payroll - Mock Orange

From Emo to Pavement/Modest Mouse/Built to Spill. Their album "Mind is Not Brain" is awesome.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #254 on: 31 May 2005, 15:52 »

Oh, they certainly had a hefty impact, and god damn they couldn't half knock out a great tune to dance to while they were doing it. And they sang about a 'throw down autonomous zone'. Now that's the kind of thing I like to hear!
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up