THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 00:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: heavy metal  (Read 11454 times)

zekterellium

heavy metal
« on: 15 Apr 2005, 09:18 »

just wondering who you guys think are the heaviest, most unlistenable band on the planet? to me, it's a toss-up between daughters, pig destroyer and locust, but i'm pretty sure i'm an idiot and that i'll have missed some pretty abrasive bands out becasue of it. so, help me out guys.

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2005, 09:24 »

Hmmm, bringing Grind into it makes a load of problems.

IMO, gotta have The Axis of Perdition and Anaal Nathrakh in any list like that. Along with Ulver on the Nattens Madrigal - Aatte Hymne til Ulven i Manden album.

Shockingly, all three are Black Metal in some way or another. Ulver just for that one ultra raw album though.

I find Pig Destroyer very listenable though personally. Bringing some great technical playing and the guitar work is great, as it covers both high end riffing and low end chuggy bass stuff. That and the fact the vocalist can scream over the band without a mic, as he has done several times live.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
heavy metal
« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2005, 09:33 »

Abyssic Hate
Anaal Nathrakh
Ancient Necropsy
Belphegore
The Berzerker
Defiled Pantheon
Marduk (Panzer Division Marduk album only)
NskMETAL
Profanatica
Prosthetic Cunt
Ulver (Nattens Madrigal album only)

I should also mention, that though they don't quite fit the bill, most people can't stand Crotchduster. That's mainly for the hyper obscenity, but when CxDx grind, they GRIND.

And a load more. All those are actually metal too.

If you want non-metal extremism, Anal Cunt and The Number 12 Looks Like You are pretty out there.

Edit: Ta Robbo. ^_^
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2005, 09:37 »

Yeah, Panzer Division Marduk is just a none stop "look how heavy and fast we can get" album...probably why a lot of people hate it.

Anal Cunt are just a joke, I mean, look at Imapled Northern Moonforest or whatever it was.

Oh and Crotchduster are one of the best comedy bands ever in my view.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
heavy metal
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2005, 09:41 »

Quote from: Robbo
Oh and Crotchduster are one of the best comedy bands ever in my view.

I love you. I LOVE you.

And remember, the guy is going for 'heavy and unlistenable' so Anal Cunt probably fit the bill exactly...
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

zekterellium

heavy metal
« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2005, 09:43 »

the pig destroyer drumming is indeed some of the greatest i have ever heard. and Khar my friend, i can't believe i forgot to mention Berzerker! i only got the first cd, but my god it's FAST. i think anal cunt are too catchy to be really unlistenable, but thanks for the headsup anyway! and anaal nakraath, i could never really get into them although i'm sure they have done at least a couple of good songs and i've been too much of an emo loser to listen to them. any suggestions?

dannyboy

heavy metal
« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2005, 09:47 »

I can't listen to Krisiun.  It's basically "look how fast we can play!!!" drumming and miserable vocals IMO.  I give them credit for being good at what they do, but what they do doesn't interest me at all.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
heavy metal
« Reply #7 on: 15 Apr 2005, 09:47 »

Try 'Domine Non Es Dignus' for a decent intro to AxNx.

If we bring Krisiun into this we might as well go for Behemoth as well, not really in the right league, way too technical.

zekterellium

heavy metal
« Reply #8 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:00 »

downloading anaal right now. i quite like krisiun, they're like dillinger escape plan, for girls. behemoth are another band i could never really get in to, but i definitely saw the potential. if you like berzekrer khar, you should download some speedcore music, like DJ PW or something, thousands of beats per minute most of it. it's awful.

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #9 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:02 »

Hehe, already getting the love, this is a good start I think.

The Berzerker scares me that they sound a guy that could drum like that for real. I see major RSI in his future.

Anaal Nakraath where surprising good on the Peel sessions actually. I'm surprised the live version of Pandemonic Hyperblast sounded that good.

Yeah, Behemoth are certainly far to listenable for this lot. Specially after Demigod. Maybe if you only counted the original demos, but even then.

Oh, Intestinal Disgorge of course.

zekterellium

heavy metal
« Reply #10 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:21 »

robbo, berzerker is just one guy, but yeah it is completely fucked up speed-wise. i think all of his drums are sampled too, but it's mad angry so you can forgive them. i'm LOVING axis of peredition khar, thanks for the heads up.

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #11 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:27 »

The Berzerker is a band last I check and they have a live human drummer, who holds or held at least, the world speed record.

Unless I'm getting them mixed up with someone just called "Berzerker"

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
heavy metal
« Reply #12 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:30 »

The Berzerker are three guys. They wear latex halloween masks and jump suits, making them look a bit like a cooler slipknot. They use a mixture of human drumming and a drum machine to get that mix of incredible speed and technicality.

I think one of them may have a seperate speedcore project just called 'Berzerker', or something. I've certainly downloaded tracks attributed to them that don't really sound like them (apart from being very fast and techno)

As for DM, I've always found fast DM to be more listenable than a lot of the slow stuff, which can get a bit dull imo. Apart from the very good stuff.

@ Robbo: Crotchduster fans are a rare and beautiful breed! They must be treasured like the small butterfly-creatures they are.

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #13 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:36 »

Again bringing the info, thanks man.

Yeah, I find that as well. I listen to DM because I want heavy and fast shit with lots of growls and shredding. There is good slower stuff, but I dont tend to seek it out.

Small Butterfly-creatures....now there's a worrying thought about me. I'll probably link to the crappy reviews I right at some point. I even reviewed Big Fat Box of Shit because people need to hear it.

zekterellium

heavy metal
« Reply #14 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:42 »

oh, okay. berzerker was techno before he was death metal. i assumed he was still solo but i guess not. sorry for doubting you, dude. hahaha, you're right, that drummer is done for a few years from now.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
heavy metal
« Reply #15 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:43 »

I'm attempting to set up a music review site with one of my mates. It's going kinda slowly atm...one problem is that my reviews in particular need editing. Well, the ones about albums I like do. My track by track review of My Dying Bride's 'Turn Loose the Swans' is really quite embarrasing in some ways...

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #16 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:46 »

I think Metalcrypt said it best when

Q: Why are all your reviews so positive? Are you in the pocket of the some companies or just very biased and unbalanced?

A: No, we're just fucking poor and tend to buy stuff we like and think will be good. Thusly, we're reviewing lots of good albums we like, so of course the reviews still be mostly positive.

Or something like that.

I write reviews for the Sound Devastation e-zine. Waiting for the site to be redone at the moment before they go up in their full (lack of) glory.

Patatat

heavy metal
« Reply #17 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:58 »

Morbid Angel

because they suck.

daneford

heavy metal
« Reply #18 on: 15 Apr 2005, 12:08 »

Quote from: Patatat
Morbid Angel

because they suck.

What the fuck?

I'de say Nasum <3

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #19 on: 15 Apr 2005, 12:13 »

I agree with that on both counts.

Sucks what happend to Mieszko and everyone else that got caught up in those events. Nasum are...were a great band.

zekterellium

heavy metal
« Reply #20 on: 15 Apr 2005, 12:54 »

aww, i like morbid angel =(

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
heavy metal
« Reply #21 on: 15 Apr 2005, 14:45 »

Quote from: zekterellium
aww, i like morbid angel =(

There there. *pats*

tomgadd

heavy metal
« Reply #22 on: 15 Apr 2005, 14:56 »

You asked for unlistenable, and you seem to like metal. What do you think of bands that are ^not^ metal, but are really fucking heavy?

Shit like YACØPSAE, or Charles Bronson? Oooh! Los Crudos, lol. Or any of the "Dis" bands post Discharge? Like Discore, for example...

And thrash punk? DS-13 eh? Good stuff.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
heavy metal
« Reply #23 on: 15 Apr 2005, 14:59 »

Quote from: Patatat
Morbid Angel

because they suck.

I concur.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

LightThievesAll

• Obscure cultural reference
    • http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ajohnsto
heavy metal
« Reply #24 on: 15 Apr 2005, 15:40 »

Quote from: tomgadd
You asked for unlistenable, and you seem to like metal. What do you think of bands that are ^not^ metal, but are really fucking heavy?

Shit like YACØPSAE, or Charles Bronson? Oooh! Los Crudos, lol. Or any of the "Dis" bands post Discharge? Like Discore, for example...

Dude, every band you listed is awesome.  I'm pretty psyched someone else knows Yacopsae, they are great.  Charles Bronson is absolutely hilarious, and as for Los Crudos, "THAT'S RIGHT MOTHERFUCKER, WE'RE THAT SPIC BAND!"

Also...

Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Melt Banana
Vaginal Jesus (who suck, and are incredibly offensive, which is why they are unlistenable)
uh... drawing a blank now.

Impaled Northern Moonforest - "Awaiting The Blasphemous Abomination Of The Necroyeti While Sailing On The Northernmost Fjord Of Xzfgiiizmtsath"
Everybody needs to believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
heavy metal
« Reply #25 on: 15 Apr 2005, 16:00 »

Quote from: LightThievesAll

Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Melt Banana
Impaled Northern Moonforest

Fuck yeah.

Though if you want to get some ABM action. Most of the INM clone/tribute bands are worse/better (One, Orgh, actually plays real music. and has fans. and does gigs. That's Finland for you). Fjord of Fury, Mork Pikk, Glacier of Hellefjord, Burzumnaz (a fucking prize winner. One guy with a desk and a rubber band, all that jazz.

zekterellium

heavy metal
« Reply #26 on: 16 Apr 2005, 06:17 »

i listen to a lot of fucked up noise too, Government Alpha and V/VM and Merzbow. if the charles bronson you mean is the charles bronson i'm aware of... hmm, i'm not so sure. but i'll check them out anyway. thanks a lot!

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
heavy metal
« Reply #27 on: 16 Apr 2005, 08:41 »

Quote from: LightThievesAll
Quote from: tomgadd

Dude, every band you listed is awesome.  I'm pretty psyched someone else knows Yacopsae, they are great.  Charles Bronson is absolutely hilarious, and as for Los Crudos, "THAT'S RIGHT MOTHERFUCKER, WE'RE THAT SPIC BAND!"

Also...

Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Melt Banana

Yocapsae are great, I heard they might be coming to the UK a while ago but I'm not sure that's still happening. Be amazing if they do though. All the other bands listed there are fantastic too, particularly DS-13 and Melt-Banana. Mind you, I know this is slightly blasphemous but I actually prefer Limpwrist to Los Crudos. Not that I don't love Crudos, but Limpwrist are just so amazing.

I think this thread needs some Narcosis and Swarrrrrm appreciation. Their split 7" is harsh. Man Is The Bastard, Ebola and Spazz too.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
heavy metal
« Reply #28 on: 16 Apr 2005, 11:36 »

FUCK ALL OF YOU GUYS

AMERICAN ANALOG SET ARE THE HEAVIEST BAND OF ALL TIME[/i][/size]

For serious though, I'm always intrigued by bands that are a trial simply to listen to. I'ma have to check some of this stuff out.

I blame you all if Cristi dumps me because I start learning to play any of it.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #29 on: 16 Apr 2005, 11:53 »

Q: You ever heard of Oceansize my man?

Think Indie (Rock) crossover version of Isis if you haven't. Would have thought you'd love them.

As for being a trial to listen to, you misunderstand, they're not. It's just a case of how train your ear is.

I can hear every word perfect in Death Metal with vocals FAR more distorted than Opeth, I dunno if you can ever get the Opeth words without the lyrics. Sometimes you just want evil fucking music to headbang to.

Though based on what you like and just random crap, I think the your Metal readers can show you so much great stuff.

zekterellium

heavy metal
« Reply #30 on: 16 Apr 2005, 13:07 »

suprisingly, the loudest gig i ever went to was a Mogwai gig, which ended with stuart on his knees and every one of his guitar strigns snapped, and just playing ear-splitting feedback for ten or eleven minutes. i had to put my fingers in my ears =(

do you hate me now?

LightThievesAll

• Obscure cultural reference
    • http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ajohnsto
heavy metal
« Reply #31 on: 16 Apr 2005, 15:31 »

Quote from: a pack of wolves
Yocapsae are great, I heard they might be coming to the UK a while ago but I'm not sure that's still happening. Be amazing if they do though. All the other bands listed there are fantastic too, particularly DS-13 and Melt-Banana. Mind you, I know this is slightly blasphemous but I actually prefer Limpwrist to Los Crudos. Not that I don't love Crudos, but Limpwrist are just so amazing.

I think this thread needs some Narcosis and Swarrrrrm appreciation. Their split 7" is harsh. Man Is The Bastard, Ebola and Spazz too.

Nothing wrong with Limp Wrist man, "Punk Ass Queers" is some good shit.  Damn, I really need to hook up my record player so I can start rocking out to all the hardcore I used to listen to.
Everybody needs to believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.

tomgadd

heavy metal
« Reply #32 on: 16 Apr 2005, 17:31 »

Man Is The Bastard are really tight...

Havn't seen any d-beat here... Skitsystem, Wolfbrigade, the like? Blend of crust  and death metal, with old school hardcore sensibilities. Oh yeah.

Someone earlier mentioned Black metal... how about Black-thrash punk? Agents of Satan. One bass, one vocalist, one drummer, much distortion. Fucking brutal.

Excruciating Terror rock as well, they are a grind band I recently discovered. I havn't really been listening to hardcore recently, and have basically dropped out of the scene to study and such (not that I was ever that involved, just went to shows and such, but still), so I'm always psyched when I find something new I like.

And yeah, its fucking blasphemy to say Limpwrist is better than Los Crudos :-P

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
heavy metal
« Reply #33 on: 16 Apr 2005, 18:48 »

Quote from: zekterellium
suprisingly, the loudest gig i ever went to was a Mogwai gig, which ended with stuart on his knees and every one of his guitar strigns snapped, and just playing ear-splitting feedback for ten or eleven minutes. i had to put my fingers in my ears =(

do you hate me now?

Nah, I listen to a fair amount of harsh stuff and when they want to Mogwai can indeed kick up a fair amount of noise. And the only reason I don't stick my fingers in my ears at gigs is because I own earplugs, if you don't you'll end up fucking your hearing up.
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

kikanjuuneko

heavy metal
« Reply #34 on: 17 Apr 2005, 01:08 »

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned SunnO))) yet.

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #35 on: 17 Apr 2005, 03:36 »

Because Sunn O))) are very nice to listen to. It's only painful live.

Most because you don't own a big enough amp. I know a few people that have seen them live. The stomach emptying stories are true it seems.

But Khanate, that's some raw and nihilistic Doom that hurts to listen to.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
heavy metal
« Reply #36 on: 17 Apr 2005, 05:21 »

Red Right Hand can bring the harsh doom too. Album next month, I have very high hopes.

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #37 on: 17 Apr 2005, 05:24 »

I thought Red Right Hand where a Thrash band.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
heavy metal
« Reply #38 on: 17 Apr 2005, 06:09 »

Maybe there's two or something, these guys have been playing doom for years now. Really fucking good too, their vocalist's Peet Narcosis so you know there'll be some quality extremity going on.

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #39 on: 17 Apr 2005, 06:11 »

Probably. Shall have to have a look and see what I can find from them.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
heavy metal
« Reply #40 on: 17 Apr 2005, 06:17 »

Doubt you'll have any luck until Dry Run release the album unfortunately, I don't think they've released anything yet. Hopefully they'll do some gigs around and about when it's out, but Narcosis are working on a new record for Calculated Risk so maybe not.

Robbo

heavy metal
« Reply #41 on: 17 Apr 2005, 06:19 »

And Narcosis go onto my "to hear" list as well. Always so much stuff to listen to.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
heavy metal
« Reply #42 on: 17 Apr 2005, 06:31 »

You can check out their stuff from the split on Super Fi with Melt-Banana here: http://www.myspace.com/narcosisgrind

zekterellium

heavy metal
« Reply #43 on: 18 Apr 2005, 02:41 »

i've been listening to the bands you've been recomending and, some of them i really like! =( i wanted to hate it! i wanted to feel dirty and used and unable to function any more on this sterile society. instead i've been slamming around my room and having just a really good time. thanks for nothing!
Pages: [1]   Go Up