THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 16:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gorillaz  (Read 11778 times)

Tinjessla

Gorillaz
« on: 04 Apr 2005, 12:24 »

So, any fans out there? If you've heard the new song ('Feel Good Inc')/watched the new video, what do you make of it?

I wasn't too sure about  the song from the first listen, but it's a grower. One of those songs that'll worm into your brain and stay there, methinks. Plus, De La Soul = YES.

As for the video, i worship all things Jamie Hewlett and Zombie Flesh Eaters so i think it's fantastic. The animation and well, everything is so wonderfully dark. It's pretty seamless how they've merged 2D and CG animation together too.

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
Gorillaz
« Reply #1 on: 04 Apr 2005, 12:31 »

In the words of those guys who did not the nine o'clock news...

Nice video, shame about the song'.

kilconey

• Emoticontraindication
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/kilconey/
Gorillaz
« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2005, 12:38 »

i'm not sure how i feel about them.  the songs are alright.  but i know that damon albarn is behind it, and that kinda takes some joy away for me.  he's a fantastic songwriter (musically i think he's amazingly brilliant), but somehow every project he does takes on a hearty stench of bandwagon-jumping and pretentiousness.  
but 'clint eastwood' was a pretty snazzy tune.
say something funny.  like sloppy joe.

Deformagraphy

Gorillaz
« Reply #3 on: 04 Apr 2005, 12:48 »

The new one is pretty good.  It's not impressive, but it was fun to watch and listen to.  I'll end up buying the new one with a few listens at the record store.

*shrug*

atari

Gorillaz
« Reply #4 on: 04 Apr 2005, 13:00 »

Whoa whoa whoa, Gorillaz is back??

Dude! : D : D : D

*is a Gorillaz fan, NO MATTA WHAT YOU SAY you're not the boss of me*

Enyaw

Gorillaz
« Reply #5 on: 04 Apr 2005, 15:54 »

Quote from: kilconey
i'm not sure how i feel about them.  the songs are alright.  but i know that damon albarn is behind it, and that kinda takes some joy away for me.  he's a fantastic songwriter (musically i think he's amazingly brilliant), but somehow every project he does takes on a hearty stench of bandwagon-jumping and pretentiousness.  

Anyone else notice the irony of the Blur milk carton being Kilconey's avatar?

Ruskin

Gorillaz
« Reply #6 on: 04 Apr 2005, 16:03 »

Wow. I just watched the music video today, too. Shortly before I came here. I even considered making a topic! :o
Great minds, eh?

Vertical Stripes

Gorillaz
« Reply #7 on: 04 Apr 2005, 16:58 »

I am bad and haven't heard it, but I was always a bit of a Gorillaz dork.

I'm still determined to get three more people and dress up as the band for Halloween or something.  (dibs on Noodle, obviously)

But I do always say that 19-2000 is one of the coolest music videos ever made.  Giant moose.

Tinjessla

Gorillaz
« Reply #8 on: 05 Apr 2005, 05:35 »

^ That's a fantastic idea! But if i was involved, i think i'd bagsie Noodles too. She's just too damn cool.

Quote from: Ruskin
Wow. I just watched the music video today, too. Shortly before I came here. I even considered making a topic! :o
Great minds, eh?

Indeed! I thought somebody would have made a topic about it before me but ho hum.

kilconey

• Emoticontraindication
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/kilconey/
Gorillaz
« Reply #9 on: 05 Apr 2005, 05:56 »

Quote from: Enyaw

maybe?  cos coffee+tv was a graham coxon-sung blur tune so clearly my loyalty lies not on damon albarn...i wouldn't say it's ironic, i'm just showing who i like. :)  plus i never said i didn't like blur.  damon just irritates me.
say something funny.  like sloppy joe.

victor_smithe

Gorillaz
« Reply #10 on: 05 Apr 2005, 06:26 »

Quote from: Enyaw

i could taste the irony, not just notice it. I'm defiently lookin forward to hearing the whole album cus their first one was very awesome. The choice of Danger Mouse over The Automator is going to be tough at first but here's hoping the album is at least as fun as the first.

honest_that_way

Gorillaz
« Reply #11 on: 05 Apr 2005, 06:42 »

I quite like the new song, I was never a fan of Damon Albarn's music with Blur or anyone, but a few years ago started to get into it, and he has done some very good stuff and at least he has been experimenting with interesting sounds and styles. So yeah, good tune

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Gorillaz
« Reply #12 on: 05 Apr 2005, 13:22 »

Ace!  I like it.  And De Le Soul.  Hmm, if Automator isn't producing it I wonder if that means Del isn't going to make an apperance.  I hope he still does.

Simulacra

Gorillaz
« Reply #13 on: 11 Apr 2005, 21:47 »

Quote from: Vertical Stripes
I am bad and haven't heard it, but I was always a bit of a Gorillaz dork.

I'm still determined to get three more people and dress up as the band for Halloween or something.  (dibs on Noodle, obviously)

I get Murdoc!!

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Gorillaz
« Reply #14 on: 11 Apr 2005, 22:13 »

This makes me feel happy and glad, like I've got sunshine in a bag.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

yipjumpmusic

Gorillaz
« Reply #15 on: 11 Apr 2005, 22:19 »

Oh yeah, on a related note, a few years ago when a Gorillaz video was on adult swim, some sort of special edition, there was this claymation of an alien working at a factory making happiness in package form or something...music was ok but I loved that video...anyone remember see that and remember who it was?

BehringerBoy

Gorillaz
« Reply #16 on: 12 Apr 2005, 07:25 »

i think their music is nice, esylistening, but not great. I first was interested in them, when they came out, becus i do some animation too. So I still think theyre cool. :)

nihilist

Gorillaz
« Reply #17 on: 12 Apr 2005, 09:39 »

Durr.  Only one or two tracks are worth bothering to listen to.

victor_smithe

Gorillaz
« Reply #18 on: 12 Apr 2005, 10:42 »

You better be at least referring to the MF Doom song cus it IS pretty awesome.

nihilist

Gorillaz
« Reply #19 on: 12 Apr 2005, 10:45 »

Yes, that was one of them.

californaya

Gorillaz
« Reply #20 on: 12 Apr 2005, 11:49 »

I've been a Gorillaz fan ever since the first album, I wasn't a huge fan of the remix album, and this new song is good, but the rapping in it just seems....out of place for the song.

victor_smithe

Gorillaz
« Reply #21 on: 12 Apr 2005, 21:50 »

Quote from: nihilist
Yes, that was one of them.

awesome :)

Spats

Gorillaz
« Reply #22 on: 14 Apr 2005, 11:53 »

Oh yeah, on a related note, a few years ago when a Gorillaz video was on adult swim, some sort of special edition, there was this claymation of an alien working at a factory making happiness in package form or something...music was ok but I loved that video...anyone remember see that and remember who it was?

That was Hell bent by Kenna. And before Gorillaz was Daft Punk, I think.

QC_fan

Gorillaz
« Reply #23 on: 14 Apr 2005, 12:02 »

I like the new song and the video...im impressed with Gorillaz new song

ElRodente

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • unf unf unf
    • doodleblog
Gorillaz
« Reply #24 on: 14 Apr 2005, 12:09 »

Quote from: Spats

That was Hell bent by Kenna. And before Gorillaz was Daft Punk, I think.

who strangely enough, just released a new album, without animated videos

or robot rock isnt animated
Oh no, he was fine... and now he's poorly from too much electric

nihilist

Gorillaz
« Reply #25 on: 15 Apr 2005, 07:34 »

Well, after listening to it a bit more, I'm starting to like it.  But anything from track 11 onwards doesn't really go over.  (Yet?)

jal-vani

Gorillaz
« Reply #26 on: 15 Apr 2005, 07:52 »

i'm interested about the new album, but hesitant, too - the lack of Dan and possible lack of Del brings me down. if nothing else, i'm hoping to god there's a tour to go with it, because i missed the first one.

Patatat

Gorillaz
« Reply #27 on: 15 Apr 2005, 11:02 »

Quote from: victor_smithe

i could taste the irony, not just notice it. I'm defiently lookin forward to hearing the whole album cus their first one was very awesome. The choice of Danger Mouse over The Automator is going to be tough at first but here's hoping the album is at least as fun as the first.

Woah woah! They booted The Automator!

What the fuck! I am going to go listen to Head Automatica and be very upset about this.

Sam Logan

Gorillaz
« Reply #28 on: 16 Apr 2005, 16:13 »

I don't think they booted Dan... I think Dan probably just wasn't interested. The dude has enough of his own projects to keep him busy I think!

I really like the new album. There are a couple of tracks in the middle that seem a little half-baked, but that's really business as usual for Gorillaz. Like the first album, I think what we have here is a good 55 minute album that could have been a great forty minute album.

The three track suite at the end of the CD is incredible. Goosebumps!

nihilist

Gorillaz
« Reply #29 on: 16 Apr 2005, 16:41 »

Holy shit, a post from Sam Logan!  Here!  Woo!  :)

I'm pretty partial for tracks 9-11.  Loud.

MilkmanDan

Gorillaz
« Reply #30 on: 17 Apr 2005, 02:51 »

Quote from: victor_smithe
You better be at least referring to the MF Doom song cus it IS pretty awesome.

That'll be because MF Doom is awesome incarnate.

RaideR

Gorillaz
« Reply #31 on: 17 Apr 2005, 03:12 »

I have the new album , and i think it's pretty good, it's nice and easy listening, but 1 or 2 songs on the album just suck, and others like feel good inc are amazing. :)

tute666

Gorillaz
« Reply #32 on: 17 Apr 2005, 20:51 »

Quote from: RaideR
I have the new album , and i think it's pretty good, it's nice and easy listening, but 1 or 2 songs on the album just suck, and others like feel good inc are amazing. :)

i concurr, this album is actually better than the previous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up