THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 12:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you fit the stereotypes about your favourate music?  (Read 32317 times)

normz

Did you fit the stereotypes about your favourate music?
« Reply #50 on: 19 Apr 2005, 09:28 »

mmmm yeah still the few other chicks ive met at gigs so conform to the stereotype: like a million piercings, a tattoo or two, leather gear with studs and eyelets, jet black hair and pale skin with eyeliner as the only form of make-up ......... whereas i flip my honey highlighted hair with my perfect nails and still manage to out-do them in the 'metal-knowledge' stakes ..... tis fun tho coz i like bein a mystery and freaking ppl out by not conforming to their preconceived stereotype of me

Robbo

« Reply #51 on: 19 Apr 2005, 09:31 »

Yeah, because while they come for the image, they dont stay for the music. They just keep on listening to Korn and shit.

Piercings are nice, but not when you could hang all your shirts from them. And hey, at least you'll stand out in the pit if you get knocked down.

normz

« Reply #52 on: 19 Apr 2005, 09:36 »

Lol yeah their all like omg Metallica are so cool like saint anger was teh shit and as for the piercings i prolly would have them if i didnt have a deathly phobia of needles that makes me pass out at the sight of them. And yeah I'm a hardcore mosher, but I'm always surrounded by over-protective dude mates who will take on any guy who so much as moshes too close to me or threatens my personal space so i sort of get private moshing bodyguards :D

Robbo

« Reply #53 on: 19 Apr 2005, 09:41 »

Heh, seen and done the bodyguard thing before. Also seen it turn into a King of the Hill deal. "I touched her, go me" (not in a dodgy way) before getting pasted back to the edges of the pit.

Awww, just take a friend and blame it all on them. "Are you ok with this?" "Look, we're sitting in a room full of several sharp objects, you really want to say I'm scared?"

normz

« Reply #54 on: 19 Apr 2005, 09:47 »

Lol yeah but you have to remember i also have an uber conservative job and will be a future lawyer so all visible piercings are out of the question, and the one time i did go to get a piercing (eyebrow it was) i fully freaked out and passed out and yeah by then i was too sick and neurotic to deal with anything other than a cup of tea *sigh* and yeah i know what u mean with the whole king of the hill thing ..... damn metal boys and their rampant lust (thats prolly the main reason my dude mates are over-protective lol)

Robbo

« Reply #55 on: 19 Apr 2005, 09:52 »

Hey, there's lots of none visable places to get done. Though many of them are dodgy and the rest are flesh ones and they tend to be rank and infected.

A lawyer? Please go defended all Rock/Metal acts that get these stupid claims against them, because someone needs to do it.

Rampant lust? Nah, it's just that the combo of true and attractive in a female Metaler is rare, so they're gonna be there like moths to a flame. Still, can always exploit that fact if you need to.

normz

« Reply #56 on: 19 Apr 2005, 10:02 »

Yeah i might take on a few pro bono cases for the good of musickind ......... wait a mo did i say pro bono??? cause alot of the musicians who have the stupid cases up against them have the millions of dollars that will be needed to afford me to represent them :-P and still if i couldnt even get an eyebrow piercing done how do you think i would go with a nipple piercing or the like lol and plus i could'nt exactly let everyone see that type of piercing ...... and yeah the whole attractive female metal fan thing is exploited occasionally AKA getting to meet the local bands (in a non-groupie way) and never having to pay for a drink ....... can anyone say unlimited corona's for life ..... WHOO HOO!

Robbo

« Reply #57 on: 19 Apr 2005, 10:08 »

Well, depends what bands. Some of them are still poor remember. But yes, if they can pay, let them pay. You have to keep up with the courtroom fashions after all.

You work pro bono for the bands that get done over by their labels. Because then they'll be poor.

This is a point. Oh well, not as if it's a needed thing. I dont think I could ever go and get one done either. But then nerds dont have bits of metal in their skin. Unless they trip and fall onto their replica swords.

Ahh, how foolish man can be at times. I'm sure some of those bands are glad to meet a girl that doesn't want to suck their dicks of course. "Hey guys, this one's legal and she isn't a bucket. Quick, bring out the poetry books and act smart"

Ok, this is now way off topic thanks to my ramblings.

Schmung

« Reply #58 on: 19 Apr 2005, 10:33 »

Quote from: Robbo
Does that extend to coke as well. One of the ...oddest things maybe I've heard about drugs is. "I wont buy coke, anyawy that does is an fool and is asking for trouble. But if there's a few lines on a table at party, I'll be there and taking the marching powder."

bragh, tricksy one. I do think theres a line between consuming the odd bit of whatever here and there and actually going out and buying the stuff, but quite often the people that are saying that are only doing so as a way of convincing themselves that they're not like that when actually they are.

Still, everyones got their own view on things, there are things I will and won't take, but at the end the end of the day it depends on mood and circumstance more than a strictly defined set of mental rules I have on the subject.

I'm actually very lucky with work, as the dresscode is farily lax, so I didn;t need to go out and buy a millions shirts and ties when I started work. I just dress the way I always do, it's great.

I 'spose I look more student than anything else, I guess you'd maybe be able to peg me as vaguely indie if you saw me, but that depends on whos looking.

Sorry, what were we talking about?

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com
« Reply #59 on: 19 Apr 2005, 10:42 »

I am wearing a Belle and Sebastian t-shirt and purple Chuck Taylors today.  I don't know if that's stereotypical or not.  Is there an indie pop stereotype?  Does it involve sweatervests?
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

normz

« Reply #60 on: 19 Apr 2005, 10:50 »

well chuck taylors in black =indie/ metal/ punk but then again yours are purple so yes indie pop you are in my crazy world of preconceived misonceptions....... however a checks sweater vest and tie undone oh so casually with badges pinned onto it would complete the look :P

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #61 on: 19 Apr 2005, 11:37 »

Long hair, Black Chucks, Shorts, Hooded Sweatshirt with this on the front:
also israel

jus

clothes and stuff
« Reply #62 on: 19 Apr 2005, 15:30 »

First off, my soapbox: I really don't see a problem with following the occassional trend, where clothes are concerned, or just being very particular about what you wear in general. Contrary to popular opinion, it doesn't make you an idiot. I'm honest about it, I'm a guy that loves clothing. You gotta have hobbies, right?

I love fashion, and fuck do I ever love stylish girls. What you wear is what you want to communicate to the people around you, yes? Well, I like people, I like to be social, and I like to go out. Smart, well coordinated outfits communicate confidence and sociability.

I listen to Mos Def, Talib Kweli and The Roots, Massive Attack, Radiohead and Travis, Death Cab for Cutie, and the Deftones to name a few.

I'm sure the music I listen to and the people that has led me to be acquainted with has influenced my clothing but my musical tastes are so diverse I've picked up a lot of neat little fashiony things from all over the place. I've a little hip hop in my clothing, and a little skinny alt rock boy, probably leaning towards the rocker side in style (although I've met a lot of people similarly dressed at b-boy competitions).

With that being said, I'm not into tight or baggy clothing. I like clothes that fit. I like earth tones, but I mix it up with brighter colors if I feel like it. Sort of depends what I'm doing.

I'm usually in favor of clever t-shirts (dope grafitti prints especially), I like jeans of different tones and fades (depending on what shoes, shirt/jacket I'm wearing. I alternate between chucks, pumas and other casual sneakers.

I fit in at most hip hop clubs and rock concerts. I wear cheap, and I wear designer shit. Call me a sad, confused hipster if you want, I'm not into uniforms (although I see their merits: i.e. attracting likeminded individuals). I wear clothes I think look cool (how novel!). I love suits too; I do love pretentious, uppity, smokey lounges (sometimes). Used to be a bit of a raver too.

I have 4 piercings (3 on 1 ear, 1 on the other), and 1 tattoo.

I think we should wear whatever we want, but know why we want to. We're all vain anyway (especially if you're posting in this thread).

Fun thread.

Robbo

« Reply #63 on: 19 Apr 2005, 15:54 »

Trollstormur, I gotta own that hoodie.

I like the one I have, made in protest to the Christian Union at my University. Now, because they're anti-homosexual, they can't actually be a part of the Union and it's groups, so after several attempts of trying to control areas and stuff for meetings when they had no right along with causing loads of shit.

Christian
Union?
No
Thanks

Gotta love seeing that on several hoodies around the uni.

Sturge

« Reply #64 on: 19 Apr 2005, 16:11 »

I listen to loads of different styles of music, but I usually just fall back on band t-shirts and jeans...

thats about it.

pistachio

« Reply #65 on: 19 Apr 2005, 16:50 »

I dont fit the stereotypes anymore, because well, I grew up and realized that limp bizkit is not the best band ever, in fact, probably just the opposite, and now, well.. I listen to everything. But back in the day before I became educated, I wore my brothers jeans which happened to be 12 sizes too big for me and.. his shirts too, also too big, and I had my hair cut real short and spikey and I looked like a boy... no wonder I suffered from low self-esteem!

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
Re: clothes and stuff
« Reply #66 on: 19 Apr 2005, 17:06 »

Quote from: jus
I think we should wear whatever we want, but know why we want to. We're all vain anyway (especially if you're posting in this thread).

Fun thread.

Not necessarily vain, although I fit a lot of the stereotypes about some of the music I listen to when it comes to clothing not so much. I remember one girl I went out with got a bit of a shock when she discovered she hadn't netted a nice indie boy. There's more to musical stereotypes than just the threads.

I'm with you on the first and last bits though.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Druid

« Reply #67 on: 19 Apr 2005, 17:21 »

What you wear is what you want to communicate to the people around you, yes? Well, I like people, I like to be social, and I like to go out. Smart, well coordinated outfits communicate confidence and sociability.

Definately. Clothes are plumage. :)

I'm wearing black Converse One Stars, brown flat front dress pants, and a bright blue t-shirt right now. Indie? I don't know. There really aren't indie types around here, so I just kind of make it up as I go along.

jus

« Reply #68 on: 19 Apr 2005, 18:19 »

Quote from: a pack of wolves

Fun thread.

Not necessarily vain, although I fit a lot of the stereotypes about some of the music I listen to when it comes to clothing not so much. I remember one girl I went out with got a bit of a shock when she discovered she hadn't netted a nice indie boy. There's more to musical stereotypes than just the threads.

I'm with you on the first and last bits though.

Haha, my true colors shine through... perhaps I should speak for myself in the future :).

Signum_Tenebrae

« Reply #69 on: 19 Apr 2005, 18:37 »

Quote from: Robbo
Trollstormur, I gotta own that hoodie.

I like the one I have, made in protest to the Christian Union at my University. Now, because they're anti-homosexual, they can't actually be a part of the Union and it's groups, so after several attempts of trying to control areas and stuff for meetings when they had no right along with causing loads of shit.

Christian
Union?
No
Thanks

Gotta love seeing that on several hoodies around the uni.

hahaha, nice.

There were some Christians having a protest about abortion or some shit on my campus, and my friend went and paraded around in his Vital Remains "Dechristianize" hoodie.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #70 on: 19 Apr 2005, 18:53 »

I have a rather nice Slayer longsleeve, which I've never seen anywhere else but is brilliantly anti-christian, in that the front sports a giant inverted cross with the rotting corpse of Jesus nailed to it and the caption "Smell the Stench of Immortality". Very nice artwork as well.

I vaguely remember one time when I was drunk and a Christian missionary-type tried to push pamphelts and crap on me. According to more sober friends, as opposed to my own more fragile memory, I was screaming things like "Fuck the Messiah", "Spit upon the corpse of the fucking Nazarene", "We're all doomed to walk the fucking earth as slaves to you living dead fuckers" and various similiar epithets before breaking into a drunken rendition of 'Christraping Black Metal'.

The poor bastard probably thought he had a Marilyn Manson fan to deal with.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
« Reply #71 on: 19 Apr 2005, 19:02 »

Quote from: kikanjuuneko

* I hate moshers who lack hand-eye coordination

BAH! That made me laugh. Its so true though. I think we should team up in a crime-fighting duo ridding the world of annoying moshers.

Quote from: nickyandthefuture
I am wearing a Belle and Sebastian t-shirt and purple Chuck Taylors today.  I don't know if that's stereotypical or not.  Is there an indie pop stereotype?  Does it involve sweatervests?

GOD YES! Is that even a question?
I like the way you work it.

japaneasy

« Reply #72 on: 20 Apr 2005, 01:55 »

ARGH the dreaded sweatervest!  RUNAWAY!!!

I personally don't really have a set style, either in music or in clothes.  I listen to all sorts of stuff, and wear all sorts of stuff too.  I own one pair of shoes, blue Saucony's.  I own two pairs of jeans, one regular and one slightly darker blue.  What I wear depends on what's clean...  Usually random t-shirts I've accumulated through the years from some place or another, but I also have a nice collection of button down work shirts, mostly in plain stiped patterns.  Sometimes I'll even throw a curveball and wear a t-shirt UNDER a nice button down!  Ooohlala.
Top 3 favourite shirts:
-grey Rochester Red Wings t-shirt I picked up from the Salvation Army at some point
-white Special Blend t-shirt, made by someone I went to school with in their graphic arts class and printed onto a tee.  This I traded my set of genuine Japanese construction pants for, and also received the blue hat seen in the pic thread.
-maroon striped Geoffrey Beene button-down shirt I found at my house after a party I threw.  Also how I gained half of my extensive hoodie collection.

I like to play masquerades sometimes.  Like, if I'm flying anywhere, I wear jeans and a nice shirt and put on my, 'young professional' attitude.  When I wear t-shirts and a hoodie I find myself stopped by customs 9 times out of 10.  
When I got called for jury duty, I threw on a pair of UFOs (yes, I own a pair, plz don't hurt me), my 'Burlington Board of Health: Let's make smoking history! t-shirt (irony is fun) and put in the biggest gauged earrings I owned.  I was playing, 'young raver hoodrat' and it worked, they didn't pick me!
Ok I'm weird, whatever.  It's fun to mess with people's minds.

ASturge

« Reply #73 on: 20 Apr 2005, 02:30 »

nurr

Robbo

« Reply #74 on: 20 Apr 2005, 04:13 »

Quote from: KharBevNor
I was screaming things like "Fuck the Messiah", "Spit upon the corpse of the fucking Nazarene", "We're all doomed to walk the fucking earth as slaves to you living dead fuckers" and various similiar epithets before breaking into a drunken rendition of 'Christraping Black Metal'.

Dude, you missed the classic band "Jesus Tastes Like Chicken!"

salada

• Curry sauce
« Reply #75 on: 20 Apr 2005, 04:22 »

hmm. lets see.

music: largely downbeat electronic stuff, nerd hip-hop, drum and bass, experimental-ish stuff.

- shoulder-length dreadlocks. don't know where that puts me.
- tendency to wear a fair bit of black -- not big heavy stuff, just black jeans, black t-shirt, black cons, black hoodie, that sort of thing.
- i wear a lot of sportscoats / blazers and scarves, especially during winter. and i like badges.
- i wear a lot of t-shirts screenprinted/designed by myself/friends. patches and stuff too.
- most of my clothes are from second-hand / army disposal stores.

so in conclusion, i have no idea, really.

FruitKat

• Furry furrier
« Reply #76 on: 20 Apr 2005, 04:28 »

I dont know what genre I fit into, I dont know what style I have. I like to say I dont have any.
Hmmn... My style is... Plain and random...
I dont match colours or styles or whatever you're supposed to do.. I just put on stuff if its comfy or I like it...
I have this natural thing to want to buy or try on anything in a store that is GREEN or stripey, I basically dont look at other stuff, I'm not sure why that is..

But one piece of my clothing that I am proud of are my NO SWEAT shoes... In relation to the talk of lots of chucks and also of sweat shops in this thread. Wearing my pink NO SWEATS makes me feel like I'm at least TRYING to do a little bit about the problem...
Besides I can walk down the street, and see everyone else with their cool chucks and think to myself "Little kids didn't have to starve for me to look awesome"..
And I'm not pretentious in anyway, I just feel really good about this. And happy when I see someone else with no sweats aswell..
http://www.nosweatapparel.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=NSS < come on you know you want some.

yipjumpmusic

« Reply #77 on: 20 Apr 2005, 04:39 »

Maybe...I don't try to go for a genre but I have certain tastes...and I have been called...something a couple time at least, but I'm not...or are you something by your general taste even though you are what you are just because you like it not because you were aware of what genre it followed...

Me And The Moon Car

« Reply #78 on: 20 Apr 2005, 07:45 »

Never.

Kirkles

« Reply #79 on: 20 Apr 2005, 07:54 »

because i am ineducated and only recently (as in the last 2 months) learned what a chav was i still dont really know what musical stereotypes are. i wear heavy eyeliner and have a mild fetish for hats...
i listen to all types of music but ive been through the phases. i think the hat obsession came from liking musicals (damnit) so musical lovers could be stereotyped as hat obsessists?

madame psychosis

« Reply #80 on: 20 Apr 2005, 07:58 »

i have about as many piercings as Tchaikovski has symphonies, so no, i don't think i am a stereotypical classical music nerd somehow :P

LightThievesAll

• Obscure cultural reference
    • http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ajohnsto
« Reply #81 on: 20 Apr 2005, 08:27 »

Talking about a stereotypical skinhead is pretty dicey territory simply because most people don't know anything beyond the movie American History X or Romper Stomper.  I am a traditional skin, meaning I'm not racist, and that I do not ally myself with any particular political faction within the subculture, although my personal beliefs fall into SHARP (SkinHeads Against Racial Prejudice) territory, but I disapprove of there almost gang-like tactics in combating boneheads.  That said, I frequently wear braces, Docs or Grinders, cuffed, tight jeans and polo shirts.  However, I spend an equal amount of time wearing Dickies, sneakers, band t-shirts and hoodies.  In fact, pretty much every t-shirt I own is from a punk, oi! or metal band.  Expectedly, I have close cropped hair, although every so often I grow a mohawk (I love mohawks).  As far as music goes, I listen to stereotypical skinhead music: oi!, 60's ska/reggae, hardcore and punk.  On top of that I listen to a ton of heavy metal (especially in recent years), classic rock, a good amount of hip hop, and a little bit of everything else from country to jazz.  My greatest musical loves though are definitely hardcore punk, oi! and metal.

Oh yeah, I've also got tattoos, although none of the traditional skinhead tats, like the crucified skin, laurel, or boots.  I'll probably get laurel at some point.
Everybody needs to believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.

rynne

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Hey, nice marmot!
« Reply #82 on: 20 Apr 2005, 08:36 »

I had a random woman tell me that the t-shirt I was wearing was a wonderful way of affirming my (Christian) faith.

The shirt displayed the cover art for the single of Ministry's "Jesus Built My Hotrod."  :D
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

LightThievesAll

• Obscure cultural reference
    • http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ajohnsto
« Reply #83 on: 20 Apr 2005, 08:39 »

I'm perpetually displaying my Christian faith.  I have a blue cross tattooed on my arm.  It's part of a larger piece, but it's still there.  I figure it negates the revolver on the other side of my arm.
Everybody needs to believe in something.  I believe I'll have another beer.

emor

« Reply #84 on: 20 Apr 2005, 10:23 »

I listen to a lot of indie rock.

I wear:

1. Brown or Olive Green dickies
2. Navy blue hoodie (neighborhoodie, no less) (with a fake flower pinned on the front too)
3. brown converse shoes
4. Band shirt.  Almost always bown, olive green, or navy blue.  I also wear bright red, green, or yellow shirts on occasion.

In addition to listening to music, I:
1. take "artsy" photos with a stylish 35mm camera.
2. read underground comics
3. read the alternative press
4. slobber all over Neal Stephenson
5. pointlessly make obscure references to historical concepts, all the time for no reason
6. am a sissy

So, not only am I colorblind, I am really predictable.  At least I don't pretend to enjoy reading Pynchon novels.  I have yet to even try reading Russian literature.  I only joke about reading Finnegan's Wake every day, I've never even held the damn thing.

Akbar

« Reply #85 on: 20 Apr 2005, 10:37 »

I love beautiful music but I'm fucking ugly, so no parallels there.

kikanjuuneko

« Reply #86 on: 20 Apr 2005, 11:44 »

Quote from: Skibas_clavicle

BAH! That made me laugh. Its so true though. I think we should team up in a crime-fighting duo ridding the world of annoying moshers.

They do, though! Seriously, it's not about punching others, people!

Robbo

« Reply #87 on: 20 Apr 2005, 11:54 »

A mosh pit is not a fight. Anyone that starts one in a pit as asking to have the shit kicked out of them (oh irony).

Even in "violent" pits (Slayer, Dying Fetus, etc) there still shouldn't be punching etc. Hell, I was in a Dying Fetus pit for Pissing In The Mainstream / Kill Your Mother Rape Your Dog, which was the most violent 3:30 of my life, still no punching or shit.

jus

« Reply #88 on: 20 Apr 2005, 12:38 »

I'm sure it's been said before, but can I just say: I love the diverse nature of the QC forum's members.

Robbo

« Reply #89 on: 20 Apr 2005, 12:41 »

Damn right. And those two tracks are two of the best protest/anti-corp tracks in all of Metal.

blindsuperhero

« Reply #90 on: 20 Apr 2005, 14:50 »

Quote from: emor
I only joke about reading Finnegan's Wake every day, I've never even held the damn thing.

Ermm, Finnegans Wake.

PUNCTUATIOWNED!!!

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #91 on: 20 Apr 2005, 14:54 »

Hmm... I'm probably ok with my stereotype vs dresscode thing... I wear black cargo pants or jeans and black t-shirts along with a trench coat, plus the hair I'm still growing... probably implies I'm a lot more metal than I actually am.

Also have the most gorgeous pair of gothic boots ever that I sometimes wear to college when I'm trying to impress one of my teachers.

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
« Reply #92 on: 20 Apr 2005, 15:10 »

Quote from: LightThievesAll
Expectedly, I have close cropped hair, although every so often I grow a mohawk (I love mohawks).  As far as music goes, I listen to stereotypical skinhead music: oi!, 60's ska/reggae, hardcore and punk.  On top of that I listen to a ton of heavy metal (especially in recent years), classic rock, a good amount of hip hop, and a little bit of everything else from country to jazz.  My greatest musical loves though are definitely hardcore punk, oi! and metal.

I'd have to say, you sir, are awesome. If everyone in this world could have a mohawk, I'd be happy. I'm actually shaving about a third of my hair off the September after the summer, not quite a hawk, though.

And about the pit, a huge group of friends of mine beat the shit out of this "punk" who was hitting people in the mosh pit and kicking people with fucking steal toes when he croud surfed. I didn't approve of the violence, but I got knocked in the head really hard!
I like the way you work it.

zekterellium

« Reply #93 on: 20 Apr 2005, 15:24 »

wait... enough people like post-industrialreggaecore for the to be stereotyped? holy SHIT!

everyone fits neatly into one little box or other, whether they want it or not. i guess it makes it easier to identify who is worth your time and who isn't, i guess, so at least that's good.

blindsuperhero

« Reply #94 on: 20 Apr 2005, 15:37 »

I'm not so sure about that, unless there's a box for "people who don't fit into a box". I know it's the most tedious thing in the world to go on about how varied one's taste is, but there are quite a few people out there who are "non-standard".

Robbo

« Reply #95 on: 20 Apr 2005, 15:44 »

Ummmm, yeah there is. No one ever said you had to fit into JUST one box. There's A LOT of boxes out of there that you can slip into. And there's always people claiming they dont fit into a box. So there for there is enough "Oh I'm not in a box" people to make it a steretype.

Sheer weight of numbers means you're a stereotype. Live with it. If you where someone special, we'd know.

blindsuperhero

« Reply #96 on: 20 Apr 2005, 15:48 »

Whatever, man. Whatever.

Robbo

« Reply #97 on: 20 Apr 2005, 15:53 »

Well you know. I know fine well there's nothing special for different about me and the way the world is I wouldn't be shocked to find a fair enought of peopel almost the same as me.

Would you rather I just someone else running around claiming to be so different and individual when I'm clearly not?

blindsuperhero

« Reply #98 on: 20 Apr 2005, 16:01 »

Okay, I was kinda joking, but you raise another interesting point. Just because you are like a lot of other people, doesn't mean anyone else is. There may well be nothing special nor different about you. I would disagree if someone said the same about me.

mizaktik

« Reply #99 on: 20 Apr 2005, 16:03 »

I dun know if I fit into my scene at all, as I think I constitue the ska scene in my area... but
Music: Ska, Indie, West Coast Indie Hip Hop , and did I mention ska?
Dress: Tee-shirt, shorts, Over shirts with fire prints and/or dragon/tiger symbols on them.  And the Fedora.  Occasionally, I'll hit up the suit/tie deal, but not to often.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up