THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 04:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xbox live + halo 2 = fun  (Read 8841 times)

Malphas

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« on: 07 Mar 2005, 18:08 »

Anyone play Halo 2 on Xbox live?  If so, lemme know and maybe we can play a few games together.  :D

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=kills&gameid=104329721&player=Saebjorn#">Fun Times

Jooooosh

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #1 on: 07 Mar 2005, 18:09 »

I do, but, umm, credit card got lost, renewed subscription anyway, and still havent gotten around to fixen it=(
fast-food for thought

Jiperly

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2005, 12:00 »

Like i got $75 to blow on online Xbox- and i'm not even sure if it would work!

Is it true you have to directly connect it to the modem? Because my cable-internet-thingy is pretty much as far as humanly possible from it.

I still say thats bullshit though- the supposive best part of Halo 2 is something you got to pay extra for? What the fuck? Its like they pissed around with the single player game and decided "hey, like make them pay more to get to the really good part!"

Malphas

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2005, 10:28 »

If you bought halo 2, there's a little coupon inside that gives you 2 months of xbox live free.

Jiperly

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2005, 12:11 »

I still gotta pay for the damn thing. I've gotten 3 of those "2 months free" shit- its like Columbia House- they give you some free CD's, but then overcharge you hugely for the next required CD's.

You don't have to pay for online play with the DS, or the PS2- so why is one of the largest computer software groups in the world sending us a bill? They can fucking afford it if Nintendo or Sony can!

(and no, you cannot combine the 2 months free shit)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2005, 12:21 »

I like XBox Live. It was a good idea.

Consoles aren't built for open servers like a PC, which is what the PS2 does(it doesn't cost Sony much of anything at all to do that). It doesn't work well.

Hopefully the DS/Revolution wifi network will be more like Live and less like the PS2.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Neo_Fallen

Other options....
« Reply #6 on: 10 Mar 2005, 18:29 »

If you dont want to/cant pay for xbox live then u should get Xlink Kai, it runs off ur computer and u put ur xbox on the network. Then u can play online for free.

www.teamxlink.co.uk

FreshJive787

• Furry furrier
Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2005, 00:48 »

too many whiney bad mouthed 12 year-olds on xbox live nowadays

c1utch

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #8 on: 23 Mar 2005, 08:32 »

Quote from: Jiperly

... yes you can, you don't even have to call them, you just go to the Xboxlive website and punch in the next code.  It will add the time to your account.

kurt

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #9 on: 23 Mar 2005, 16:04 »

I sometimes play it, it was a great game, but i over played it now.
and they have fixed the glitches now <_<
i hated the glitches like the *grabs flag through floor* one, but i loved the sword flying.

now, its just really kinda getting old. and the running speed is horrible.

GebStar

• Furry furrier
Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #10 on: 24 Mar 2005, 03:54 »

You don't have to pay for online play with the DS, or the PS2- so why is one of the largest computer software groups in the world sending us a bill? They can fucking afford it if Nintendo or Sony can!

X-box live offers so much more than PS-2 ( i dont know much about the DS) the whole real time voice communication, the friends options, being able to leave voice messages for your friends. So much better than PS-2 and im more than happy to pay 75 bucks a year, just so i can have the most awesome console gaming experience.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

lord_modred

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #11 on: 24 Mar 2005, 15:18 »

Xbox live monthly fee... this is why i shall wait for halo 2 to be released on PC

Lauxman

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #12 on: 25 Mar 2005, 18:25 »

RvB makes me want to go out and buy an XBox and Halo 2.

kingfandango

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #13 on: 15 Apr 2005, 12:11 »

I still gotta pay for the damn thing. I've gotten 3 of those "2 months free" shit- its like Columbia House- they give you some free CD's, but then overcharge you hugely for the next required CD's.

You may not have to pay to connect online with a PS2, but some of the most popular games like FFXI have a monthly subscription fee around $13 so really $50 a year to play online with any game for the entire Xbox Live lineup really isn't that much when you factor that just playing FFXI for a year is $156, and part of the reason that you don't get charged a fee from individual games over Xbox live is because they were and still are dedicated to the service since day one and don't want gamers to shell out a lot of money to use it, unlike Sony who only added Online as an after thought and are not...there have even been games like SC: Pandora Tomorrow that came with a free years subscription to Xbox Live.  If you really think that Microsoft should provide for free all the services they do with Xbox Live that is kept updated with none of it's games charging a seperate fee and most providing downloadable content, than don't play Xbox live.  The fact is that when you connect to Sony's online system you are then being transported to a server that is independantly run by whatever game you are playing at the moment.  Xbox live is a system inside it's self with many accesible features that you do not even need to put a game in for.  So when you come down to it, it's Pay-Per-Game(which can become extremely costly) vs. Pay-Per-Year(the price of one new game)...I'd much rather do the later.

nihilist

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #14 on: 16 Apr 2005, 08:12 »

I haven't done Xbox live for one reason:  I cannot play an FPS with a controller.  It just feels alien and wrong.  After I was up in Iqaluit (on Baffin Island), I got really good with Halo.  Had to out of sheer necessity; there was just nothing else to do.  Took two months just to get dialup (20k bounced off a satellite = 2s latence for .9k/s).  Then I came home, and dug out my UT2k4 and SoF2.  Follwed by Doom 3 and HL2.  Now, I sit in front of Halo 2, and I find my gun goes nowhere I expect.  Waaah.

Anybody know how to mod a keyboard and mouse so they can connect to the Xbox?  :)

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #15 on: 17 Apr 2005, 08:55 »

I have trouble wrapping my brain around people having trouble playing a FPS with a controller.  Not that I think it's wrong I just don't get how.

nihilist

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #16 on: 17 Apr 2005, 09:01 »

Did you read?  I've been gaming on a PC with a keyboard and a mouse for far longer than I have been with controllers.  I can own you one way, and will get railed the other.  Except for Goldeneye with two controllers.  Then you can just bend over.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #17 on: 17 Apr 2005, 10:40 »

Of course, I knew that from previous threads and was wondering in general.

The last FPS game I played on PC was Quake 2.  You're right on the ownage, I suck with mouse and keyboard, I don't own a computer.

Samari

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #18 on: 17 Apr 2005, 13:47 »

keyboard and mouse always win over a controller.  It's way more customizable and the abillity to uses all your fingers on your left hand makes it way easier to get done what you wanted.  

I will admit that the halo controls are by far the best controls for a console fps that i've ever used.  

I just signed up for live and i have to say it's pretty sweet. I usually try to play on the network here at school but there aren't always open parties online when i want to play, but when i launch live that's never a problem.

Donut

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #19 on: 20 Apr 2005, 13:37 »

The whiny people do really suck on Live.  Though, if you find some friends on Live who are good and form a party, games can get really fun.

For instance, this one time in a big team battle on single bomb, we all decided to wait a few moments, form a straight line, and all run in at once like that.  :D

We almost armed it, too.  :)

yipjumpmusic

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #20 on: 20 Apr 2005, 23:49 »

I'll get jumped for this but I must say that star wars battlefront is way more fun than halo 2 online...yeah there are more game options in halo but star wars has more variety in levels and other things...just plain more fun but I seem to be the only one who thinks so.

Donut

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #21 on: 25 Apr 2005, 00:54 »

Ehhh,  Battlefront does have more levels, currently, but coming this summer, there will be plenty new levels to match it up a bit more on quantity.  

As for fun-to each his own.  I do thoroughly enjoy Battlefront, but I think I would still say I like Halo 2 better.  While the environments may be a bit more diverse, you still end up doing the same thing over and over again, to a far greater extent than in H2.  Plus getting a kill the BF is SO much easier than in H2, giving me a greater sense of accomplishment.

Samari

Xbox live + halo 2 = fun
« Reply #22 on: 25 Apr 2005, 19:42 »

tag: samari711 for anyone who cares
Pages: [1]   Go Up