THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 00:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: that show SUCKED!!  (Read 24456 times)

ev0lve

that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #50 on: 24 Apr 2005, 13:58 »

i like ministry so i thought hey! ministry live! right? what i forgot was i like ministry circa 1986.
hanzel und gretyl opening... neo-nazi bullshit.
i fell asleep.
fucking waste of fucking time.

Sturge

that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #51 on: 25 Apr 2005, 00:09 »

owwww, but Cat Power are so good normally :(

madame psychosis

that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #52 on: 25 Apr 2005, 02:15 »

definately Jet at the Sydney Big Day Out a few years back, the lead singer dude (what ever, i don't like them that much) had a little tantrum on stage and started tearing apart the drumkit, and the poor drummer was trying to keep playing (he ended up with just a cymbal i think) and lord was it pathetic, what a prima donna, thinks he's some bloody rock god, whiny little prat

i gave them another chance at Homebake a while later and quickly remembered why i'd walked away the first time

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #53 on: 25 Apr 2005, 03:19 »

Quote from: Sturge
owwww, but Cat Power are so good normally :(

cat power do rule :(

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #54 on: 25 Apr 2005, 11:23 »

Quote from: ev0lve

hanzel und gretyl opening... neo-nazi bullshit.

You know H&G aren't actually nazis right? Track titles like 'Third Reich from the Sun', 'SS Deathstar Supergalactick' and 'Disko Fire Schiessemessiah' normally inform people of this.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

applecart

that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #55 on: 25 Apr 2005, 15:31 »

worst bands live?

Saw a whole bunch of terrible acts (but even more amazing acts) at CMJ this past October, the worst was probally The Yeah Yeah Yeahs.  Truly awful stuff there.

Worst show I ever went to was a Josh Wink DJ set about 8 years ago, yikes.

But the WORST CONCERT I EVER SAW was, far and away, The Zombies reunion show last year, whoa.  It was sad as hell, no exageration, the show cold made me DEPRESSED.

applecart

that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #56 on: 25 Apr 2005, 15:41 »

Quote from: passthebottle

Also, having to sit through New Found Glory...blargh.

I used to live down the street from two of the guys from NFG, total assholes, the lot of them.  I had to suffer their pre-MTV existance and thought they sucked hard back then.  But beyond that, these two kids were real douchebags.  They kept pestering me to play their CD on my radio show in Ft. Lauderdale, and I wouldn't (because it was an experimental/musique concrete show you dunderheads).  That pissed off the band something awful.  Later, when that single went big, they came over to my house to rub it in my face.  They said something to the effect of "guess you wish you had gotten in on this now that we're going to make it".  I said that no one ever went broke underestimating the tastes of the public and I still hated the album becasue it HAD NO MERRIT.  I moved to Tallahassee soon after.  Sorry about the lenght of this thing, but they still irk me.  I'm glad that they are little more than a footnote in the unfortunate marketing experiment that was punk/pop revival.

passthebottle

that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #57 on: 25 Apr 2005, 21:50 »

hahaha no i'm glad you said that.  honestly, if people like "pop punk" then ok, whatever, you're probably 14. but it really made me feel better that in real life they're actually douchebags. blah. so many better bands and pop punk/emo pop has to be the next big thing. *shudder*

it's just not right.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #58 on: 26 Apr 2005, 12:33 »

I get confused by the use of pop punk these days.  I think that what most people call pop punk is what I consider Comercial Punk and what I consider Pop Punk is along the lines of old Screeching Weasel.  Eh, semantics.

Sonic Youth.  It wasn't a horrible show but I was bored.

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #59 on: 26 Apr 2005, 13:23 »

Oh man, Screeching Weasels are teh sex. I used to review punk albums for awebsite a couple years back and there are a few really good pop punk bands out there, and not the kind associated with MTV. The Methadones are really great. People should give them a listen.
I like the way you work it.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #60 on: 26 Apr 2005, 13:29 »

Oh man, I just remembered Drain Bramaged out of nowhere.  They were pretty awesome as far as pop punk goes.

Also another lame concert event was when I saw Folk Implosion at a festival.  They were awesome but the lame part was how no one really stuck around for them.  They had a good sense of humor about it though.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #61 on: 26 Apr 2005, 14:40 »

Old Crackle! bands are where it's at for pop punk, like Dagobah and Caustic Soda, although they admittedly did have some guff like Cone and Skimmer. Doesn't seem like there are so many good ones around these days sadly.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

DeathrockZombie

that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #62 on: 26 Apr 2005, 15:21 »

worst show?

The Faint! Interesting, their whole set seemed like one long song that stayed at the same tempo without any changes in volume or dynamics. It was just

thump thump thump doo dee doo REVOLUTION! Constitution! Constipation! thump thump thump shite.

The gigantic tv screen almost convinced me that they weren't lipsynching, but that type of gimmic only works on U2 fans.

~ Basim

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #63 on: 26 Apr 2005, 15:30 »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I will defend The Faint to the hilt, being as they are actually the Best Live Band In The World...
seriously, I go to gigs all the time and no band has ever topped them in terms of excellency, but I guess it's true that not everyone has the same taste in music as me, which is a pretty shitty revelation. Oh well.

I know a few people who can't stand Beep Beep (their sometime support act) but then, I like them too...

MGWBlue

that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #64 on: 26 Apr 2005, 15:41 »

this weezer show i went to was really good, but the opening acts were Ozma and Saves the Day.  talk about shitty music.

DeathrockZombie

that show SUCKED!!
« Reply #65 on: 26 Apr 2005, 15:49 »

Quote from: muffy
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I will defend The Faint to the hilt...

Yo! They lip synched!

TV on the Radio opened for them, and outclassed the hell out of everyone that played that show.

~ Basim
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up