THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 12:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creedence Clearwater Revival  (Read 7178 times)

Smiley

Creedence Clearwater Revival
« on: 23 Apr 2005, 14:35 »

Talk about why you like them, praise their greatness, compare your limitless knowledge.

Cpt.Fantastic

« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2005, 14:49 »

Rollin', rollin', ROLLIN' ON THE RIVER!

blindsuperhero

« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2005, 16:12 »

The only good thing about them is that they're in The Big Lebowski

Burninated Peasant

« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2005, 16:54 »

You did not just diss CCR! What's not to love about CCR?! Wow, now I think I know how Beatles fans feel when I say the Beatles were the most over-rated band in the history of music. :)

24_hour_revenge_therapy

« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2005, 16:59 »

Quote from: Burninated Peasant
...the Beatles were the most over-rated band in the history of music. :)

agreed.  and i think ccr are crap.  sorry.

Burninated Peasant

« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2005, 17:11 »

I grew up listening to my dad's CCR records, so I may be biased. I fucking love classic rock.

24_hour_revenge_therapy

« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2005, 18:11 »

you know, i love SOME classic rock.  you put on the who's quadrophenia, or the kids are alright, and i'm fucking there.  but for some reason, and this is just a personal opinion, i don't like CCR.  i mean, they have some good songs, but for the most part, i'm just not into them.

Poke

« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2005, 20:17 »

I also am a big CCR fan. It probably comes from the fact that I was raised with it. Ever since I can remember I have known all the words to songs by CCR, Simon & Garfunkel, and Peter, Paul, & Mary.
My parents are old hippy types, and it was forced upon me from such an early age I just can't help but love it. I don't know probably anythign about CCR except that they have really great music, and I can't even comprehend why people don't like it!

24_hour_revenge_therapy

« Reply #8 on: 23 Apr 2005, 20:42 »

to be honest, i think that's why i hate them.  my mom and dad made me listen to them, CONSTANTLY.  very few bands they listened to i like now, mainly because of that.

mikemike

« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2005, 02:30 »

My Dad played me CCR so much that I eventually liked it. The singer's deafening yelp at the end of 'Have You Ever Seen The Rain?' is great.

Oerdin

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #10 on: 24 Apr 2005, 06:17 »

CCR is great.

Burninated Peasant

« Reply #11 on: 24 Apr 2005, 08:15 »

Quote from: 24_hour_revenge_therapy
to be honest, i think that's why i hate them.  my mom and dad made me listen to them, CONSTANTLY.  very few bands they listened to i like now, mainly because of that.

See, some music my parents listened to I didn't care for. There was some that I didn't appreciate until later in life. The Beach Boys are a prime example of the latter: they're my dad's favourite group of all time, I heard them every day, and I couldn't stand it. Later in life, I was able to give them an objective listen and saw the brilliance that was just below the surface.

By the time I was 19 I was way more into classic rock (and other music) than my dad. He may have introduced me to groups like CCR and the Steve Miller Band, but I had all their albums and knew songs he had never heard of. Shubada du ma ma ma ma, yeah. Of my 600+ CD collection, I'd wager that half of those CDs are classic rock. I grew up in the 90s, and sure I lurves my Pearl Jam, but give me Jethro Tull any day of the week.

I'll stop now before going off on too much of a tangent. Suffice it to say, there's a reason I chose that particular Zappa quote for my sig. ;)

Smiley

« Reply #12 on: 24 Apr 2005, 09:56 »

I'm a huge fan of rock like CCR, Springsteen, and Seger. Almost as much as I am of all country (Yes, I do love all forms of country, ranging from folk all the way to "Nashtrash"). I can't say why I enjoy CCR so much, it just hits me in the soul, ye know?

24_hour_revenge_therapy

« Reply #13 on: 24 Apr 2005, 10:26 »

nothing wrong with a little country.  johnny cash, willie nelson, and waylon jennings are some of my favorite artists.  not so sure how i feel about "nashtrash".  what IS that?  

an peasant, that's one of my favorite quotes.  zappa always had a flair for the words.

and to keep this on topic, i still hate CCR.

Smiley

« Reply #14 on: 24 Apr 2005, 11:56 »

it IS my topic ;-) (j/k)

I see your "i hate CCR" and raise you an "all your base are belong to CCR"

Btw, Nashtrash or whatever country elitists refer to it as is the kind of country produced out of nashville, the kind of country you hear on most stations now days.

StrikeThePostman

« Reply #15 on: 24 Apr 2005, 14:49 »

Quote from: Poke
It probably comes from the fact that I was raised with it. Ever since I can remember I have known all the words to songs by CCR, Simon & Garfunkel, and Peter, Paul, & Mary.

Ditto.  I sometimes still sing "Lemon Tree" by Peter, Paul, and Mary (in my head).

24_hour_revenge_therapy

« Reply #16 on: 24 Apr 2005, 15:04 »

ooooh, that's what it is.  yeah, sorry, that stuff really isn't my cup of tea.  i do love the old country, though.  love it like i love my teddy bear...umm, i mean gun.  yes, a manly manly gun.

and i'm not even gonna try and one up the "all your base", cuz that will just start a cycle of pain and hatred that NOONE wants.

Littleian

CCR
« Reply #17 on: 27 Apr 2005, 13:40 »

1 word describes CCR.....

AWESOME!

Revenge_Therapist

« Reply #18 on: 27 Apr 2005, 14:15 »

Smiley

« Reply #19 on: 27 Apr 2005, 17:27 »

lmfao

Burninated Peasant

« Reply #20 on: 27 Apr 2005, 19:05 »

To begin with, no one will stop the rain. Though attempts by humans to control the weather date back as far as civilization itself, it’s simply not possible. You say that the rain has been coming down as long as you remember. Well, yes. Of course. It’s rain. As long as anyone can remember, it’s been coming down somewhere. Earth depends on it. Please see the enclosed pamphlet that describes our planet’s water cycle.

Awesome! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up