THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 21:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kings of Convenience  (Read 4457 times)

alic3sw0nd3rland

Kings of Convenience
« on: 24 Apr 2005, 20:13 »

I'm so in love with them and i only started listening to them today. Maybe its the shock of finding out about a kick ass band, but i really really like them. I also watched there music video for i'd rather dance with you that i also really liked. Am I alone on my love for them or anybody else really like them and if so got any reccomendations for bands like them?

daviesmatt

Kings of Convenience
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2005, 21:13 »

Yeah, I love them too. What album(s) have you got?

Off the top of my head, I'd recommend The National trust, Iron and Wine and Nick Drake.

...waits for someone else to post better recommendations.

Praeserpium Machinarum

Kings of Convenience
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2005, 21:40 »

Well Erlend Ôye(one of the band members) has a cd called Unrest and a compilation in the DJ Kicks series, but that's mostly electronica so. He also sings a bit on some Röyksöpp tracks fx. Remind Me, other than that they have made two cds called respectively Riot on an Empty Street(the one with Id Rather Dance with You on) and Quiet is the New Loud. Can't think of anything really, they were supposed to be part of some New Acoustic Movement, which I am Kloot(Manchester band, very gloomy) is a part of(I think), but they sound radically different from Kings of Convenience.
I guess that was pretty useless but it's morning ;)

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
Kings of Convenience
« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2005, 03:27 »

I Am Kloot are ace!
Saw them last week, they weren't as gloomy as I was expecting, too...

alic3sw0nd3rland

Kings of Convenience
« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2005, 14:21 »

Quote from: daviesmatt
Yeah, I love them too. What album(s) have you got?

Well like i said I only heard about them recently so i gotta go buy their albums when I get the cash. To everyone else thanks for the reccomendations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up