THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 07:16
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cochilla Valley Music Festiva  (Read 6723 times)

Oerdin

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Cochilla Valley Music Festiva
« on: 01 May 2005, 19:13 »

Oh man second day is done and I'm still drunk as hell.  We left a bit earlier because the best bands had already played.  I was supposed to drive back but one of my friends and I ran into some Brazilian girls who wanted to use our sunscreen and I told them they could as long as they sat and had a couple beers with us.  Next thing you know a good 4-5 pitches of beer are gone and I'm to drunk to drive.  At least I did get one cuties phone number and she even lives in San Diego like me!  Still, my friends are kind of pissed that I can't drive back home.  I feel bad but the Brazilian girl was really cute so I think I'd do it again.

Right now I'm in our hotel room using my lap top.  The concert was totally UNFUCKING believable!  British Sea Power especially rocked.  Yesterday Coldplay, Bloc Party, and Wilco were the best in show and today Nine inch nails, British Sea Power, and Kasabian were ace.  I love The Arcade Fire's CD but he's just not as good live as he is on CD.  I guess that's just my opinion but that is how I feel.  Either way Cochilla rocked and I suggest everyone go there if they can.  So many big name bands, so many stags, so little time.

I do wish I brought a hat because the sun was brutal.  Being the only guy with sun screen was a nice way to talk to the ladies though but I wish I brought more water since the bastards wanted to chage $2 for a small bottle of water.  Still it wqs ace.  Now I have to check out of the hotel and someone will have to drive home.  This sucks I want o hang out and drink more beer.

exliontamer

« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2005, 19:50 »

Did you see Wolf Eyes? They said they weren't even gonna unpack their van, they were just gonna set up three blenders with rocks in them and mic that. I hope they really did it.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2005, 20:16 »

God damn you for having an awesome music festival nearby.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Willis

« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2005, 20:43 »

Time for some indie snobbery:

*ahem*
It's Coachella

Precede as you were

~~Willis

Oerdin

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2005, 03:05 »

Sorry, I was rather drunk when I wrote that first post.  I was at the hotel waiting for my friends to pack up their stuff so I surfed the net for a few minutes.  Right now it's 3am and I'm tired so I'll write more tomorrow.

mechorg

« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2005, 03:16 »

Quote from: Johnny C
God damn you for having an awesome music festival nearby.

What nearby?  Its 2000 miles away from me and I still make it every year.
Simply amazing this year.
It was my first introduction to British Sea Power and I was pleasantly suprised.  I, too, am far from sober but still can type reasonably well. :P

I'm sure I'll write more when I get back home.

Oh...
Saw one QC tshirt!  i was kinda expecting more, but one will do.  It was a guy with a black iBooty shirt.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2005, 13:50 »

Well, unless it involves a border crossing for you, I'll assume you're closer than me.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

yipjumpmusic

« Reply #7 on: 03 May 2005, 01:16 »

*sighs*

Spencer

« Reply #8 on: 04 May 2005, 13:33 »

*sighs alongside VIP*

How the hell were New Order? They were the only Essential band playing. PLease tell me they were horrible so that I dont feel bad for missing them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up