THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 03:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resident evil 4  (Read 5838 times)

Sir-prancealot

Resident evil 4
« on: 11 Apr 2005, 07:36 »

I got this little beauty a week ago, played it quite a bit and finished it yesterday! That's a week of gaming, and it has great replay-quality!

Ive played every single resident evil game there has ever been! (maybe not if there are some freaky resident evil games that only come out in Japan or...sumethin') So I guess im a fan, then.

They completely redid the gameplay, wich "scared" me off a bit at first, but when I first tried it I quickly realized they had made it alot better, alot more action and alot easier to get involved.

I finished the game after 15 hours and 24 minutes, I died 68 times *ahem*

Anyone?

Note: For anyone who has finished the game, here's something I thought off *WARNING, KIND OF SPOILER WARNING!*

Ashley: sooo...when we get back home, what do you say we work some overtime?

Leon: No thanks.

Ashley: I thought you'd say that.

(Leon gets a call from the Ingrid (female girly type) on his walky-talky and tries to flirt with her, he gets blown off immediatly)

I cant help but think Leon is going: "...Damn! Why did I say no!?"

Jarne

Resident evil 4
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2005, 17:41 »

Of course she would say no. Leon isn't lesbian. Anyways, it was a great game and I loved it. Scared the hell outa me a number of times. And the dogs... oh god. The dogs... *hides in corner*

Freezey

Resident evil 4
« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2005, 18:45 »

I rented it once, and still have to pick it up. I left off right before a mini-boss...you know, the blind dude who only notices you when noise is made?

It was annoying cause I saw a treasure chest in the middle of a wide open room; and if you haven't realized it's a trap by that point of the game you're an idiot. But of course, you have to go anyways.

That guy put those claws through Leon's skull, and then decapitated him in midair. It was great.

But yeah...I gotta buy that game sometime.

kingfandango

Resident evil 4
« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:54 »

You haven't fully experienced the enjoyment until you go through it a couple more times...I had a blast going through it a second time with my upgraded weaponry and then half way through the castle I sold everything to get the Chicago Typewriter...Man taking down The Righthand Man Dick Tracy style is a feeling of power.  Second run 9' 34 min 4 deaths...

Sideways

Resident evil 4
« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2005, 10:58 »

Best gamecube game in my opinion.

So far; best game of the year.

Jarne

Resident evil 4
« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2005, 11:51 »

The first time I got the rocket launcher I was not aware that it was one time use only. What a waste...

QC_fan

Resident evil 4
« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2005, 11:54 »

Havent got a GC so cant play until it comes out for PS2 :(

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Resident evil 4
« Reply #7 on: 15 Apr 2005, 12:12 »

Quote from: Jarne
The first time I got the rocket launcher I was not aware that it was one time use only. What a waste...

I was about to and remembered all the history of gun type stuff type shows i've watched and the fact a large number of anti-armor weponery was disposable.

kingfandango

Resident evil 4
« Reply #8 on: 15 Apr 2005, 12:40 »

Quote from: Jarne

I actually held off on buying one because I figured it wasn't all that powerful and I was aware of the one use for 30000 price tag.  When I got up to to part where you have to fight Salazaar and his lefthand man I guess, I decided to give one a shot since I had some extra booty, um yeah..."see what had happen was...I mean what had happened..." that was probably what Saddler's minions were telling him after I BBQ'ed Salazaar.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Resident evil 4
« Reply #9 on: 25 Apr 2005, 13:56 »

I have not played this in weeks.  I got distracted by several other games plus I won't play it while my brother is watching something on the other televison as I like to hear what is being said and such not.

Jamoky

Resident evil 4
« Reply #10 on: 28 Apr 2005, 18:44 »

Yeah, I have the mercenaries.  But we should probably refrain from thread jacking.

...so how far are you? I just killed my first ace.

Jamoky

Resident evil 4
« Reply #11 on: 28 Apr 2005, 19:18 »

I see!

Jarne

Resident evil 4
« Reply #12 on: 28 Apr 2005, 19:50 »

A bit of advice for playing the (RE4 minigame) Mercenaries. Try to survive at first. Go for survival for the time limit. After you can do that slowly work your way up towards killing them. Silly farmers, pitchforks are useless against guns!
Pages: [1]   Go Up