THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 01 May 2024, 00:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bootleg Recordings  (Read 7025 times)

ASturge

Bootleg Recordings
« on: 01 May 2005, 01:23 »

So what are yours? (live recordings)
Ive got a quite a number, my top 5 consists of....

1. Neutral Milk Hotel - TerraStock2
2. Colin Meloy: Live at Schuba's Tavern
3. Broken Social Scene (from somewhere)
4. The Decemberists- live from Portland
5.  An old Miles Davis show, fuck yes.

Druid

Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2005, 02:00 »

HUM
PJ Harvey
Radiohead
My Bloody Valentine (Really horrible sound quality, but I still have it.)

That's all I can remember at the moment.

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2005, 04:51 »

I remember trying to record my own bootleg at an easyworld gig. The problem was, I  kept my dictaphone in a pocket just below the knee of my baggy jeans, and jumped around a fair bit. The sound quality was something like this:

#I don't *thwack* know *thwack* *rustle* why but *chhhhrgggghhhhhh* I just *thwack*#...
etc.
Needless to say, it didn't make for good listening.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2005, 05:45 »

The only really good one is the Gringo on Peel compilation. It has a live Wolves! (of Greece) set as well as Bilge Pump in session. Fully mint.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2005, 11:18 »

Mayhem 'Dawn of the Black Hearts' bootleg*

I win.

*Only a copy though...Oh man, the real thing, with the cover and all...Kvlt as fuck!
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

kilconey

• Emoticontraindication
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/kilconey/
Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2005, 11:27 »

all i have is a radiohead bootleg from paris ('97, i think) that i got at a little record store in a box labelled "Demos (wink wink)"
say something funny.  like sloppy joe.

rynne

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Hey, nice marmot!
Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2005, 12:29 »

My bootleg collection is exclusively Nine Inch Nails:

Welcome to the Hate Machine: demos of Pretty Hate Machine material (including two tracks that were rejected), plus some additional studio tracks.

Solid Gold Hell: live recordings from the Pretty Hate Machine tour.  Notable for the "Now I'm Nothing" live intro, and an early version of "Wish" with additional lyrics and cooler drumming than the studio recording.

Nassau '95: two discs, live from the The Downward Sprial tour.  Adam Ant does guest vocals in the encore.
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2005, 15:40 »

I have two Pink Floyd bootlegs from when they were here on the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour that I found at a garage sale for 50 cents.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Freezey

Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2005, 19:53 »

I have a really good quality bootleg of the Living End at "the roundhouse" down in Australia, that'd probably be my favourite one.

As for others...uhm. I have Jawbreaker 8/11/90, 3/21/92, 6/18/93, and 5/18/96; three lawrence arms (one of which is just an acoustic set with Brendan and Chris), one of the Broadways; Half of some Warped Tour set by Alkaline Trio; one of Faraquet, one of Kid Dynamite's reunion shows...

now that I think about it, I have quite a few.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #9 on: 01 May 2005, 19:57 »

I also have a shitload of live bootlegs on my computer, but I'm much too lazy to list them and they're mostly just bands like the Frog Brigade and the Disco Biscuits.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #10 on: 01 May 2005, 20:07 »

FROG BRIGADE! YAY!
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Crowebert

Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #11 on: 01 May 2005, 20:45 »

All about the acoustic Metallica disc. I guess it was done at like charity gigs or something, but it has a version of Nothing Else Matters where James Hetfield can't stop laughing.

-sam

Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2005, 20:27 »

oh good lord, according to my list at db.etree I've got over 600 "bootlegs," and I haven't updated that list in almost a year!  Uhm, lesse:

David Byrne - Bonnaroo '04:  I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't anything nearly as transcendent as Byrne's set at last year's Bonnaroo, awesome.
Dave Matthews Band - 12/8/98:  Really hard choice here, anything from 11/20 - 12/8 is gold in my book.  The Flecktones opened for that stretch and the resulting shows were staggering.  The Last Stop encore for 12/8 in particular is a stunner, with Bela folding a little Bach into the outro.
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones - 9/14/01: It was a weird time and it was just good to see the Flecktones do their thing for two hours
Umphrey's McGee - Bonnaroo '04: Just because it's an epic ~4 hour show that includes two Metallica covers by two different bands.

enh, too hard to choose, I know i'm forgetting something.

-sam

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #13 on: 02 May 2005, 21:11 »

Quote from: Crowebert
charity gigs

Quote from: Then, Crowebert
James Hetfield can't stop laughing.

hahaha, more like Jerk Hetfield.

ZING.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #14 on: 03 May 2005, 06:33 »

Quote from: -sam

Umphrey's McGee - Bonnaroo '04: Just because it's an epic ~4 hour show that includes two Metallica covers by two different bands.

Umphrey's McGee are awesome.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Bootleg Recordings
« Reply #15 on: 03 May 2005, 13:22 »

Built to Spill - Ashes to Ashes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up