THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 16:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songbird  (Read 2633 times)

Maedros

Songbird
« on: 30 Sep 2006, 20:45 »

Any of you guys try this new browser out yet? It's from Mozilla and it integrates your browser and media player into one application. Pretty neat idea, though it's still in the beta form. No tabbed browsing yet, and the library is a bit slow. Could be because I have about 3000 songs in there, but I don't know. Anyway, just seeing if you guys had any input.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Re: Songbird
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2006, 22:24 »

Man, at first when I read about it it seemed like a bad idea.  After watching the little flash thing I like it.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2006, 22:50 »

Ok, so I downloaded & installed it.  I like the idea behind it (ie: easily finding free mp3s online & playing them with a decent interface), but they really need to beef up the media-player aspect of it so that it seems less like "Firefox with an extension that plays mp3s."  If this gave me the things I already have in iTunes and added the browsing mp3 blogs feature I would probably use it as my primary media library/player.  I mean, it looks shiny and seems to have most of the playback features, but I can't find anything to do with cd ripping, any options in regards to where you keep your music, or any options that aren't do to with the browsing aspect of it.

I understand it's only release 0.2 though, so I'll be keeping an eye on it to see how things progress.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2006, 18:14 »

Any of you guys try this new browser out yet? It's from Mozilla and it integrates your browser and media player into one application. Pretty neat idea, though it's still in the beta form. No tabbed browsing yet, and the library is a bit slow. Could be because I have about 3000 songs in there, but I don't know. Anyway, just seeing if you guys had any input.

Only one problem: this isn't from Mozilla. It's built from Mozilla's Suite software, but the team heading the project is called Pioneers of the Inevitable. It's a decent build, but I wouldn't use it right now. I'll keep an eye on it for later builds, but right now it's too lackluster.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Maedros

« Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2006, 22:14 »

Only one problem: this isn't from Mozilla. It's built from Mozilla's Suite software, but the team heading the project is called Pioneers of the Inevitable. It's a decent build, but I wouldn't use it right now. I'll keep an eye on it for later builds, but right now it's too lackluster.

Ah, my bad. I agree with you that it's too lackluster right now, though. I really like the idea, but they need to work on it before I would consider using it as my main browser.
Pages: [1]   Go Up