THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Guild Wars (Official thread)  (Read 70222 times)

Cobalt_Blue

Guild Wars (Official thread)
« Reply #50 on: 29 May 2005, 08:17 »

im really enjoying Guild Wars. I think its a very noobie friendly game. It doesnt give u all these stats and things all at once and bombard u with confusion. Plus most of the peeps i have talked to on it are really nice people and not obnoxious.

Ive started a new char but i need someone to party with. Anyone interested?

[on a side note, hope you don't mind be being nosey est but i took a peek at your blog/online diary and noticed one of the pictures shows you sitting in what looks to be a computer room? Are you a programmer per chance? Reason im asking is that i'm currently doing a Games Software Development course in University, however programming lets say aint my fortay. Plus the lecturers are a bunch of twats, excuse my language.]

Sideways

« Reply #51 on: 30 May 2005, 08:02 »

I'll see if I can help address your concerns:

Quote from: est
y'know, to tell you guys the truth, post-searing Ascalon is really starting to shit me.  what's doing it for me is the vast quantities of creatures that pop up out of the ground over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.  you clear out a run from one place to another, go through a portal to do one thing, then come back and they are all repopulated again...

Problem #1: Old Ascalon comprises about 4% of the game.  If you're spending hours and hours and hours there, try moving on... do some of the Primary quests, which will take you to new lands where you'll fight all new enemies.

add this to not being able to jump up onto things so there is pretty much only static ways that you can run through terrain and henchmen that are so frustratingly lame and underpowered and you'll begin to see why i am getting annoyed.  i mean, when i heard that there were henchmen i thought that maybe it would be ok for soloing, because i don't really have time to fuck around finding people to play with who aren't total fucktards.  but why even bother giving players henchmen if they're going to be so useless?

Actually, the henchmen are pretty awesome, as far as CPU-Controlled characters go.  What - specifically - is your problem with them?  The Healer Henchman (Allyssa?) dies pretty easy... she always will, because she seems to be more focused on healing teammates, than on healing herself... and the enemies always rush her (I don't blame them... take the healer out first, makes sense).  As for not being able to jump, I was a little worried about this at first too... but then I realized that - at least in this game - it would be pretty pointless to have a 'jump' feature.  What do I need to jump over, exactly?  I suppose it would be nice to jump down to some of the paths, rather than running around little ridges and such... but it's not game-breaking, IMHO.

also, i've had the same fucking weapon for the last say, six levels.  nothing drops anything interesting.  i know that this game is supposed to be all about the skills & how you use them, and they say that being uber will never be about time played, etc, but if it is supposed to be all about that then why the hell do we get so little skills to begin with?  before anyone says anything: yes, i am doing quests to get new skills, but hardly any of them are interesting enough to use anyway, so i'm stuck using the same ones i always use.

I can't speak for Elementalists/Mesmers, but I know Ranger/Necro/Warrior/Monk sets pretty well, and the skills you get, all throughout the game, are both interesting and useful.  Finding 8 skills, out of both professions, that compliment each other well, is really rewarding.  Once again, if you think you're stagnating with the quality of skills you're getting, MOVE PAST OLD ASCALON.  I cannot stress, enough, just how little of the game you have actually seen.

About your concern with weapon... there are excellent weapons in the game, but you won't find them in Ascalon (unless you buy them off another player).  MOVE PAST OLD ASCALON!!!

so here's a recap of what's pissing me off:

running on annoying set paths through bleak wasteland settings that all look the same with a bunch of underpowered henchmen fighting against the same annoyingly unavoidable creatures over and over again with the same weapon i've had for 6 levels and a bunch of skills, only a handful of which are interesting at all.

LEAVE OLD ASCALON!  If Guild Wars was ONLY the top 1/4 of the map (Ascalon & surrounding areas) then YEAH... it'd get VERY boring, VERY fast!  Seeing the same charred landscape for hours and hours would really start to take it's toll.  But, you haven't seen the coast, the jungles, the swamps, the deserts, the snow-capped mountains... get what I'm saying?  You've seen SO little of the game, do not pass judgement on it.  This game hardly even BEGINS until you get to Kryta, and beyond!

someone please tell me it gets better than this.

It get's better than this.

at the moment i'm playing Elementalist/Mesmer, and to tell you the truth i am enjoying the Mesmer side more than the elementalist.  also, perhaps i'll switch over to my melee character for a bit and see if there's any difference in the way the game feels, but i'm not exactly holding my breath.

Try a few characters, play them through Pre-Searing, and a little beyond, just to see what suits your playstyle.  Each character plays as a completely new experience.  Warriors have their 'Adrenaline' skills, Necro's make use of leeching abilities, and exploit corpses for AOEs, pets and buffs, Rangers get a primary pet, a slew of archery/self-buff skills, and eventually traps.  Monks are probably the most versatile and EASILY the most sought-after teammates in the entire game... keep that in mind!

edit: i just read back over that and found it to be both harsh and totally true.  unless i can find something to save this game i am really thinking that i might reopen my WoW account and go in search of PvP encounters or something.  this game is very very different to what i was expecting, and even rather different to the beta of it that i played a while back.

The fact is; this game is not better than WoW.  Do I mean to say that WoW is better?  Hell no.  Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.  Guild Wars really is NOT an MMO.  If you want a 'typical' MMO experience (Race to uberlevel, race to ubergear/weapons, spawncamping, random PC encounters in the world (PVP or otherwise) then this game, frankly, isn't for you.  Guild Wars is not about your level, or even your weapons (unless you play Warrior, then the weapon does really matter).  Guild Wars is all about your skills, how you use them, and how you play in general.  I've been in teams where a lvl 20, decked-out in the nicest armor/gear has dropped like a fly, when a lvl 12, in the same team, with pissy gear, has completely OWNED the mobs we've been fighting... ONLY because the lvl 12 knows what he/she is doing, and is using skills that really work well together.

With my Necro/Ranger, I can NOT find a groove... the skillsets do not compliment each other very well.  With my Warrior/Monk the game is - at times - a little too easy.  I can take my lvl 15 Warrior/Monk, in a group with lvl 20s, fighting all lvl 19s or 20s, and often I am the last man standing in a really tense situation.  Hell... I've CLEARED entire areas, after my higher-level teammates have died, just so I could turn around and rez them.

WoW: Gear + Level = Uber.
Playstyle + abilities = So what?

GW: Gear + Level = So what?
Playstyle + abilities = Uber.

Cobalt_Blue

« Reply #52 on: 30 May 2005, 10:25 »

Nice review. Very true to what Guild Wars is indeed.

nihilist

« Reply #53 on: 30 May 2005, 11:59 »

I wholeheartedly agree with what Sideways says.  There's a big world to explore, and there's a huge variety of creatures to play with.  Also helps to have a larger party size, though that is usually to offset the fact that you'll be fighting superior foes.

I think the one thing that one must do in GW is to have two or three characters, so you can try to find a good mix of skills and abilities, and match it up with the player's style.  I have a level 18 elementalist monk that I despise now.  I'm busy bringing my necro monk and warrior elementalist up levels because they're far more enjoyable to play with.  It does make a difference.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #54 on: 30 May 2005, 23:09 »

thanks a lot for the advice, all.

my lvl 20 Necro/Ranger friend basically walked me through missions 2-4 last night.  it was entertaining for the most part, but mostly because i enjoyed watching him blast the crap out of everything.  i still find myself bored with the Elementalist though, and i mainly seem to use my Mesmer skills.  during the missions i found myself seemingly doing almost do damage to anything (was level 10 vs lvl 6 mobs) whereas the level 11 warrior was taking out multiple enemies by himself.

i have a feeling that even though i think that a wizardly character is cool in theory my playstyle doesn't let me enjoy it.  i think i might fire up my Warrior when i get home and play for a while with him instead.  a melee character might make for a nice change of pace, as that (a Rogue) is what i enjoyed the most in WoW, also.  i think i'll probably end up going back over the missions properly with this character, as they looked like fun to do properly.

[edit]: now playing a Warrior.  even though i still pretty much only have the starter skills things feel much better.  i think i simply have to realise that i am not a mage player.

Sideways

« Reply #55 on: 02 Jun 2005, 10:12 »

I just wish I had more time to play this game.

I may have peaked an interest in the game with a gal-pal of mine.  She wanted to check it out (was looking through the GW art book that came with the Collector's edition) so I helped her roll a character (elementalist).  She played for about 2 hours the one night she was at my place, and this morning, when I picked her up to drive her to work, she said she'd been daydreaming about the game ever since.

I may buy her a copy, since she seems interested.  I just don't know when she'd have the time to play!

nihilist

« Reply #56 on: 02 Jun 2005, 10:16 »

I was going to play last night, but ended up going out for dinner, coming home and just passing out.  Mebbe tonight, though I have a 6:30 meeting which means that beer will be involved.  Tomorrow evening, heading over to my parent's place.  Gah.  Want to play!

Sideways

« Reply #57 on: 02 Jun 2005, 10:20 »

Yeah, this is frustrating.

When I got hooked on City of Heroes, I somehow managed to fit in a solid 2-4 hours a night!!  I'm just as hooked on Guild Wars, and yet I can't seem to manage more than 4 - 6 hours a week... at most!

I could've played last night before I went to sleep, but I noticed that some buddies were online, playing Call of Duty: United Offensive, so I hopped onto Teamspeak, and we kicked some n00b ass for 2 hours!

nihilist

« Reply #58 on: 02 Jun 2005, 10:32 »

I only have CSS installed right now, and I rather dislike it, so I don't even fire it up.  Waiting for a good FPS to suck me in again.

I want to play GW, but I'm a crusty old man that just passes out at about 11.

Sideways

« Reply #59 on: 02 Jun 2005, 10:35 »

I'm a crusty old man that denies his crusty oldness.

Nah, I'm only 25.

However I do have to be up at 6:30 every morning, and yet I try to deny the fact that I need at least 7 hours sleep, and I'm usually awake until around 1:30 - 2:00 am.

So I'm almost always ready to fall asleep in my office the next morning, but I'd rather be this way than be missing out on stuff while I sleep my life away.

Hearing, as a child, that 1/3 of the average human life is spent sleeping, really disturbed me.  I'd never bothered to do the simple math of it, being only about 7 or 8 years old, but I remember it being bothersome that I could someday look back, from my deathbed or whatever, and possibly regret the amount of living I'd missed while asleep.

I was a wierd kid, I know.

So I rarely sleep more than 6 hours a night now.

nihilist

« Reply #60 on: 02 Jun 2005, 12:44 »

I've been 26 for over a month now.  Hurk.  I get up at about 8:30, and stay up till about 2.  On weekends, I attempt to sleep in, but manage to get even less sleep.  It's great.  One of these weeks, I'll take some vacation, and just sleep.

Sideways

« Reply #61 on: 06 Jun 2005, 10:21 »

My best friend will be getting the game soon, so I've been saving money to start up a guild with her.

Thanks for having me in your guild Nihilist, but I just don't seem to have the time to play when you guys are online.  I always come online and see that I've missed you by a few hours or so.

nihilist

« Reply #62 on: 06 Jun 2005, 10:37 »

Boo.  She can join with us!  :)  I've been remiss in playing, didn't even get a chance to play this weekend.  I'm going to make an effort to not be so dead by 7PM every day.

Sideways

« Reply #63 on: 06 Jun 2005, 10:42 »

I'll make the offer to her to join the guild, but she has her heart set on a certain guild name, and she was perusing all the cape options last time she was at my place... so we'll see if she's receptive to the idea or not.

nihilist

« Reply #64 on: 06 Jun 2005, 10:46 »

At the end of the day, it's just a game.  :)  Just play, and party-up.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #65 on: 06 Jun 2005, 22:21 »

i'm making it my goal in this game to buy my own little vanity guild an island for itself.

i made a vanity guild called "Team Explosive" [xps] last week, and am currently about 500g from making my cape.  once i've got my cape sorted i'm just going to play as per normal until i have enough money to buy a guildhall outright (currently around 70k), or until i find enough cool players in my timezone to invite and win in the test.

ps: i'm having fun again/still.  level 14.5 Warrior.  just arrived at Lion's Arch.  pretty much everything outside of missions is easy with Henchmen at the moment, so i'm actually able to get things done even when i can't find a decent group.

Sideways

« Reply #66 on: 07 Jun 2005, 07:52 »

Sadly that 'not finding a decent group' happens a fair bit.  I'm getting annoyed at people who die, and then quit the team, teleporting back to town.  It's fine if the task is simply too daunting, say you can't handle any further deaths (after dying a FEW times at least) and leave.  But, running into battle blindly, dying, then yelling at your /Mo healer for not healing you, and subsequently quitting... THAT is getting fucking annoying.

Neskah

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #67 on: 07 Jun 2005, 14:29 »

I almost quit playing Guild Wars, because I was paying it the wrong way (Yep)

I was so hyped about GW coming out. I used to play FFXI, My flatmate played WoW and out Friend played CoH. So GW was a chance for us all to get together. Was so Hyped!

Then they delayed the release in NZ. I got mine on time, but my friends had to wait a week. I left my Collectors Edition on the Desk, unplayed, waiting for my friends.

So CoH guy got his, and took a few days off work to play. He created a guild with his CoH pals, and rushed into every quest possible. I tried to catch up as the whole point of me getting the game was to play with my friends. But nay, working a 40 hour week, with an average of 10 hours travel, i simply didn't have enough hours in the day. So I got left behind. THEN to add insult to injury, I got demoted for not playing enough! I was the 1st person invited in the guild and I get demoted because I'm not unemployed and don't have 20 hours a day to devote to playing?

My best friend and Flat mate stopped playing as she too was tired of being left behind and abandoned by her friend so she returned to WoW and I was left in GW with a Mesmeriser I hated feeling like an Idiot.

I had pushed my Mes passed Kryta at level 12 before I realised I was never going to catch up as my friends wouldn't bother to wait. I had missed half the story in the game by rushing through, and I just wasn't having fun.

So I created my Ranger, as I had loved them in the Beta. I took my time, Enjoying the stories and quests for what they were instead of something to get out of the way untill i got to the "good stuff". I did every single quest I could find pre Searing, and found some wonderful places I had missed before (like the catacombs entrance in Barradins Estate). I played my strengths (instead of being a wanna be ranger in a Mes body). I was level 8 before I did the Searing this time and only because i ran out of quests to do. I explored Piken Square with Henches and Earned 5000 exp on my own.

Now my guild Help me as they've raced throu 2 fast and tend to get bored. I get given upgrades and Weapons that they can't use that help my Ranger Kick arse. I made it to the Courthouse i never knew existed and strolled around Dragons Gullet for fun, I managed to make 1000G just from being there, and got to see monsters I'd missed while "racing" my Mes thru the game. I'm now level 12 and have only just done the 1st 2 co-ops for this character. But I'm far stonger and can play my character better then most others at my stage.

My Advice to ppl tho who compare GW to WoW or another MMORPG is Don't. It's about Playing the Game, not Clocking it. Sure I'm eager to get to the HoH, and so on, but it'll still be there later and there's alot to see in the meantime.
One of the most basic rules for survival is never upset someone wearing Black Leather - This is why PETA never throws paint on Hells Angels.

ElRodente

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • unf unf unf
    • doodleblog
« Reply #68 on: 07 Jun 2005, 18:08 »

exactly my feelings, i gladly was forced to play like that, and began to enjoy it more, as the longer missions i couldnt do (im still only up to frost gate at level 14, and that's cause i ran out of missions in ascalon and got desperate)

My friend, who has managed to rush ahead, has ascended, and got every skill, and is now incredibly bored with the game and keeps saying "hurry up and get good so we can go in the HoH" and im like "fuck you, im having fun where i am" and him being the jackass he is says something along the lines of "n00b, hurry the fuck up"  then half an hour later is asking if he can help with anything

but he does give me stuff, so it's all ok

my other friend isn't quite as hasty, though he had pretty much finished the story at about level 18, because of the earlier friend rushing him into it.

as a result, he doesnt play so much anymore.

i tend to space my playing out a bit, as you can't start to feel it's a bit tedious, as is bound to happen when you play any game constantly.

my advice is... if you're going to rush through recklessly, don't bother, start a pvp character, and gather skills... roleplaying mode is for roleplaying, not being the best.
Oh no, he was fine... and now he's poorly from too much electric

Neskah

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #69 on: 07 Jun 2005, 18:18 »

LOL Before I wised up and Played my own way I had a go at my friend for basically 'Abandoning' us.

Well i wouldn't say i 'had a go' rather i tried to explain why I was disappointed that his idea of 'playing with your friends' meant that you played the same game with other people. He didn't get it at all and felt victimised, that everyone was having a go at him for nothing... so i sent him this to get my point across.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-12-31&res=l

LOL i still don't think he got it, but i don't care anymore.
One of the most basic rules for survival is never upset someone wearing Black Leather - This is why PETA never throws paint on Hells Angels.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #70 on: 07 Jun 2005, 22:56 »

also: the other night i did the mission where you arrive at Lion's Arch (not the d'alessio seaboard one, the one before Lion's Arch) with henchmen.  i had just won a new skill, i think it's called "Seeking Blade", and i wanted to try it out in place of "Power Attack".  i started running through the mission to see how it felt, but everything was undead so i couldn't see how many times it caused bleeding & so forth, unfortunately.

so anyways, to cut a long story short i got through the mission fairly quickly and easily. afterwards my friend at work tells me that it's supposed to be "very hard" with henchmen because they all stand around getting poisoned in the swamp.  totally weird.  either i got really lucky, or i've just gotten used to the ineptitude of the henchmen around me and as such try to herd them about, out of trouble.

Sideways

« Reply #71 on: 08 Jun 2005, 08:19 »

The more henchmen you bring, the smarter they seem to be.  If I take 5 Henchies with me into a mission, I never have a problem.  If 5 of us take one henchy into a mission, we're constantly fucking babysitting it.

It's strange.

nihilist

« Reply #72 on: 08 Jun 2005, 08:26 »

I find that the later levels, the henchmen are just useless.

Sideways

« Reply #73 on: 08 Jun 2005, 10:50 »

I guess it really depends on what you play, too.

My main is a lvl 16 W/Mo, so he can solo REALLY well.  I brought him, a few nights ago, into Dragon's Gullet... and I was able to clear out huge groups of Hydra all in one run.  I eventually ported back to Ascalon only because I'd run out of room in my inventory for all my salvaged stuff, and resellable items.

So when I take 5 Henchies out into the world, I don't find them to be useless at all... they just make my life so much easier.  They take some of the focus away from me as I completely decimate everything in my path.  :P

nihilist

« Reply #74 on: 08 Jun 2005, 11:33 »

When there's a party of eight and you're getting smacked down, you know there be a problem.

Kjammer

« Reply #75 on: 09 Jun 2005, 02:42 »

Well, I finally bought the game.  I went through 3 retail outlets before finding one that had a copy available.  Right now I have one character, a level 5 Elementalist/Mesmer named Vinek Nesak.  The fist name is an anagram of my real first name (you can guess it, and some of you alredy know my first name), and the last name is an anagram for "Snake."  
This'll probably stop me from studing for the class I'm takning over the summer (of course, I rarely study for anything anyway).

Sideways

« Reply #76 on: 09 Jun 2005, 07:32 »

Right on!

I'll be buying a copy of the game for my friend this weekend, and I'll also be giving her my old video card.  She bought an all-in-one computer (video/sound processing all done from the motherboard) and while my old video card isn't exactly stellar (GeForce 128 meg) it's certainly better than what she currently has.

Luckily, even though everything is on-board with her system, it is upgradeable.  She has some PCI2 slots, and I think one or two AGP slots as well.

nihilist

« Reply #77 on: 09 Jun 2005, 08:04 »

(computers only have one AGP slot 99.9999999999999% of the time.)

Sideways

« Reply #78 on: 09 Jun 2005, 10:28 »

Ahh, well then she is either the 0.00000001%, or she only has the one.  Probably only has the one.

nihilist

« Reply #79 on: 09 Jun 2005, 11:49 »

(lies!)

Oh, and our guild grew last night.  :p

Sideways

« Reply #80 on: 09 Jun 2005, 12:16 »

By leaps and bounds?

I've been playing sporadically.  I still love the game, I just can't seem to get any real focus in it.  I'm totally ADD when it comes to this game, for whatever reason.

I log in, and tell myself that I'm going to get my main guy to the next town, then I remember that I have some old missions, so I wander back to do them, but get sidetracked and wind-up farming for good items from the Lightning Drakes or something, then logging out.

Totally ADD'd.

nihilist

« Reply #81 on: 09 Jun 2005, 12:18 »

There were FIVE of us on last night.  FIVE.  Crazy stuff.  Lots of fun, too.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #82 on: 12 Jun 2005, 07:01 »

hit level 16 on my Warrior today.  i'm at the Wilds mission, but i think that i'm going to pass on it for now and try to explore/fill in my map a bit.  i am trying to run to Quarrel Falls or the third major city asap, because apparently i can get a sword skill called "Final thrust" there, and it's awesome.

i was using it on a PvP character i made this afternoon, and it is very very nice.  1-32 damage, doubled if your target is under 50% health.  i used the normal "paladin" build except i swapped the mending enchantment out for Healing Breeze (i think) and swapped the rez spell out for the rez signet.  i took the armour that lessens the damage you get & a duellist helm (+1 to swords).  was a lot of fun.

at first i was worried about the sword skills that they had set (Sever, Gash, Galrath's slash & Final thrust) as they were all adrenaline-based, but they seemed to be ok in practice.  gave me plenty of damage, while the healing spells that they gave me helped keep me alive.  was a pretty good build, i think.

nihilist

« Reply #83 on: 12 Jun 2005, 10:56 »

I haven't made a PVP character yet; still having far too much fun with quests and missions.  My N/Mo is just owning people.  I remember I used to be scared of trying The Breach missions (Althea, Burntfur) but I did them last night.  Was good stuff.  I mean, check this out:
http://images.nihilist.ca/personal/games/gw010.html">http://images.nihilist.ca/personal/games/gw010.jpg" border="0" width="640" height="480">

Last night, with the weak silly henchmen, I managed to destroy that huge swarm of Charr by Burntfur.  Three bosses, I took them all down.  Mwahah!

Jamoky

« Reply #84 on: 12 Jun 2005, 21:59 »

Quote from: Kjammer
named Vinek Nesak.  The fist name is an anagram of my real first name (you can guess it)

kevin!

Yeah, I want this game. hard.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #85 on: 13 Jun 2005, 23:02 »

i am currently about halfway through level 17 and have been on some adventures lately.  i solidsnaked it through some kind of heavy (to me) area (can't remember what it's called) to the Temple of the Ages the other night.  that was a lot of fun.  i started out with a full complement of 5 level 12/15 Henchmen, but at one point we were set upon by a group of lvl 20 mobs, so i did what any valiant young warrior would have done & abandoned them.

when i got to the Temple i found that i could take 7 level 15s with me, so i did.  i stealthed (well, as well as a party of 8 people can) through the badlands of that area and into the easier parts, then made my way south, through Stingray Flats & into Fishermen's (something or other.  Cove?).  i did a couple of quests there & reached the Mission just below Stingray Flats (which is two ahead of the one i was up to at the time, i think).

all in all it was an assload of fun.  what wasn't fun though was babysitting a bunch of morons through the bonus to the Gates of Kryta mission.  a level 20 Elementalist was forming up a bonus-only group, then just as we were about to enter a couple of them started bitching that they needed the mission, too.  we reluctantly agreed, then spent the next half hour resurrecting them.  we eventually dropped out, formed up again with just the two of us + henchmen and did the bonus without any of our uber low-level henchmen dying.  i am totally and utterly amazed by how dumb the players that made the first run must have been.

nihilist

« Reply #86 on: 14 Jun 2005, 07:38 »

Have you done Galarath's quest?  It's south of the Temple.  Worth a nice 4000XP, but it's just motherfucking hard.  (Yes, it's that hard.)  I've been partying with two friends, both level 20s.  Next thing to try is heading south of Beacon's Perch.  That's just nuts.  There are also three missions that I need to go and get the bonus for.  Whee.  I'll have two lvl 18s soon.  Nurr!

trashed20

« Reply #87 on: 14 Jun 2005, 16:53 »

Quote from: nihilist
Have you done Galarath's quest?  It's south of the Temple.  Worth a nice 4000XP, but it's just motherfucking hard.  (Yes, it's that hard.)  I've been partying with two friends, both level 20s.  Next thing to try is heading south of Beacon's Perch.  That's just nuts.  There are also three missions that I need to go and get the bonus for.  Whee.  I'll have two lvl 18s soon.  Nurr!

Yeah, I did that quest, back when it was worth 500xp.  Worthless bastards!

If you don't have the temple of ages yet, start from Bergen Hot Springs, and go west then north to the temple of ages, where you can have 8 people in your party. Get some higher level people, and you can do it.

nihilist

« Reply #88 on: 14 Jun 2005, 17:30 »

Yeah, took me three tries before I finally did it.  The disciples at the end just rocked us.

I've been out wandering in the wilderness around there.  There's a fishing place on the beach, but I get owned so hard trying to get to it.  Nurr.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #89 on: 14 Jun 2005, 20:08 »

apparently you can do that Galrath's quest with just a couple of people.  one dude runs in and aggros everything, then runs back a ways before they die. then you get to watch Galrath and his cronies turn on one another for some reason.  Galrath will die, you get the job done, rez the dead dude & go on your merry way.

i'm level 18 now, btw. need to hook up with a bunch of actual, live players soon in order to do the Aurora Glade quest & get through to the Henge of Denravi.  i tried doing it with Henchmen, but i couldn't do the the capture-the-portal thing at the end with them.

nihilist

« Reply #90 on: 15 Jun 2005, 07:12 »

I'm closer to being 19, but still taking time to get there.  I party with 2 lvl 20s with some regularity, so if you want to hop in with us, let me know.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #91 on: 15 Jun 2005, 15:25 »

sounds good.  we'll have to figure something out.  i'm about halfway through 18 at the moment & at Riverside Province.  tried running through the Mission with henchmen last night, but muffed it up in the swamps because they all stood in the (goddamn) poison waters while fighting and died.  beginning to realise that i'm probably hitting the place where you really need to start grouping with actual, live people.

DavidGrohl

« Reply #92 on: 17 Jun 2005, 10:16 »

Hiyas, I just got the game about 2 weeks ago, I just arrived at Kryta, lvl 14 Rang/Mo named Lady Sypriss.  Anyways, was just curious if you'd let me into your guild, seeing how I've been quite the anti-social player thus-far.  One more question, is there anything worth exploring outside of the mid/southern winterland area?  I basically quested through old ascalon and the northern part of the snow-capped areas, but then just missioned through to Kryta.  I'm starting to think if I don't rush through things a little quicker I might end up hitting 20 before I'm 1/4 of the way through the game.

BlueCoatKarma

« Reply #93 on: 17 Jun 2005, 14:39 »

I have this game too! I'm a level 8 Mesmer/Necromancer. If you guys ever are not a billion levels higher than I am, find me. I'm finding the whole "killing stuff" thing fun but hard - I'd say this character isn't exactly suited to being a tank, but the henchmen don't seem to agree with me. It's been pretty lonely so far with my henchman pals. Character's name is Jack River.

nihilist

« Reply #94 on: 17 Jun 2005, 16:32 »

I've got a lower level tank that I can level up with you guys, if you want some company.  My other two are a whee bit higher.

Edit: my main character is Nihilist the Mad, the other is The Crank Tank and...  My female character has a name that I myself cannot remember.  Just add Nihilist the Mad to your friends list, and send me a message that way.  :)

Jamoky

« Reply #95 on: 17 Jun 2005, 23:41 »

I got a a little bit ago.  I'm a N/E, I think level 12 at the moment.  The names' 'Doombringer Jamoky,' I'm in the snowy area.
I'm also starting a W/Mo called 'Fat Barry'.  message me.

so is there a QC guild or what?

lb969

« Reply #96 on: 18 Jun 2005, 10:44 »

If there's demand we'll start a QC guild...

DavidGrohl

« Reply #97 on: 18 Jun 2005, 21:48 »

Great Idea!  Looks like I'll have to start a character named Lady Faye! :P

lb969

« Reply #98 on: 19 Jun 2005, 18:26 »

Dibs on Pint Size™

Kjammer

« Reply #99 on: 20 Jun 2005, 23:44 »

When there is a QC guild, invite me.

Main guy: E/Me Vinek Nesak
Pvp: E/R Eriff Nesak.  

The guild I'm in stinks, Nobody helps anyone, only four people are active at a time, and the leader wants me to give him money for a guild hall.

The QC guild will probably be the same, only it'll be with you guys and not some 12 year old who asked 99 random strangers (including me) to join his guild.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up