THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 06:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Listen and feedback  (Read 5307 times)

siatefelici

Listen and feedback
« on: 10 May 2005, 08:35 »

If you have time, could you please listen to some of my friend's stuff and let me know what you think?
http://www.purevolume.com/nathanielnewell

please comment any constructive criticisms you may have (notice I said constructive. If its not your cup of tea, you can still say what you don't like about it, but please don't just say 'oh its terrible'.)

thanks

Damniel

Listen and feedback
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2005, 09:06 »

t'is not bad...but i think track 4 is the weakest song there simply as it has no hook or riff to speak of.  His voice sounds good...but isn't loud enough to go with the acoustic guitar...his lead vocals seem to be overshadowed by his playing...this was true of all the tracks and i think maybe using a better quality microphone or turning up the volume on his vocals would help alot.  I really liked both track 11 and 8 despite the "lack" of the vocals.  If the distortion was taken away it would sound more polished and professional than it already does.  So yeah just get rid of the fuzz on the recordings and make the vocals louder...cos to be honest he has a great voice...oh yeah and track 4 lacks rythym so maybe percusion...
anyway t'is not at all bad...and it takes bollocks to put your own stuff on the web so...all in all just the vocals that needs changing really

MilkmanDan

Listen and feedback
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2005, 11:29 »

I suggest that the 'friend' is actually YOU!
HA!
Yeah. My connection can't really handle songs right now, so I'm afraid my Sherlock Holmes-like detective work is all I can offer.

ASturge

Listen and feedback
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2005, 11:38 »

Nah, wasn't really my thing to tell you the truth. I quite liked the second track's chorus, but aside from that...

But that's just my opinion.

siatefelici

Listen and feedback
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2005, 11:52 »

Quote from: MilkmanDan
I suggest that the 'friend' is actually YOU!
HA!

um... if you check the photo contest, you will see that I am quite female, while the vocals on the songs are very much male

MilkmanDan

Listen and feedback
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2005, 13:13 »

Well then, I suggest that this 'friend' is actually an international conspiracy / shadowy cabal
Pages: [1]   Go Up