THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 06:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Virtual Reality Nintendo Shizm  (Read 6407 times)

Schmung

Virtual Reality Nintendo Shizm
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2005, 15:18 »

Hey, isn't that a virtual boy?

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2005, 15:24 »

Heh. If that's fake then someone wasted a lot of time. It looks a bit dangerous, to me.
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2005, 15:43 »

Though running around playing as Link does sound like great fun...
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

Something Witty

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • All roads lead to WAAAGH!
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2005, 15:44 »

Hell yes it does. I can't help but wonder how it would register the weapons..
I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome, Swooping down from heaven to carry me home.

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2005, 15:49 »

PERIPHERALS! They give you a stick with some wires! ... also bongos. I don't know why.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

Digs

« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2005, 16:03 »

This isn't really so far from something that could be. And innovation is Nintendo's big trick. I wonder how they'd intend to prevent the player from walking into walls.

I seem to have millions of potential people on my foot, here.

Hostile

« Reply #7 on: 17 May 2005, 17:29 »

Okay:

1) It's fake, as confirmed by gaming websites across the world. It's been highly commended for the amount of effort and intellect that went into it's creation.
2) The Revolution has now been unleashed.

3) It still may be virtual reality: no controller has yet been demonstrated.

4) It will be backwards compatable with the GC, and will be able to connect to an online library of out-dated N64, NES and SNES games which will be available for download. (Prices yet to be confirmed)

5) It's my precious sexy baby and I want to love it to pieces. The final draft will be considerably smaller. If you're wondering how big it currently is, take 3 DVD's and stack them on top of each other, horizontally. That's how big it is.

Digs: The video seems to insinuate that the helmet features a camera which would calculate the size of the room and then manipulate the size of the gaming environment to suit your own restrictions. This is really where the reality of the dream machine begins to fall apart. :p

Burninated Peasant

« Reply #8 on: 17 May 2005, 18:13 »

Know what's most intriguing? It doesn't look like there'll even be an option for wired controllers. I already knew the machine was going to come with wireless controllers, but having no input ports at all for control peripherals? Hmm...

c1utch

« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2005, 19:13 »

but then neither do the xbox360 or ps3 upon first look.

Burninated Peasant

« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2005, 20:31 »

Really? I haven't been paying much attention to all of the next-gens coming out. The Revolution is the only new machine that I'm even vaguely interested in.

nihilist

« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2005, 21:22 »

The 360 and PS3 have ports on the back for the requisite peripherals, just the controllers that are wireless.

I have a DVD for my Xbox loaded with emulators and games.  Most every game can be found.  Super Mario 2, love it.  Not gonna cough up cash for a Revolution for that fringe benefit.  :)

Hostile

« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2005, 01:21 »

Quote from: Burninated Peasant
Really? I haven't been paying much attention to all of the next-gens coming out. The Revolution is the only new machine that I'm even vaguely interested in.

GC control ports.

Digs

« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2005, 09:41 »

I was thinking along the lines of a harness or something, but that's dumb in entirely new ways.

MilkmanDan

« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2005, 10:43 »

It looks better than the other two. Still, the controller could end up looking worse than the PS3 one. Actually, no it couldn't. BOOMERANG!

ASturge

« Reply #15 on: 20 May 2005, 09:38 »

The best console name is PS3.

Becasue it isnt silly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up