THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 08:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: buzzcomix?  (Read 5431 times)

tedzsee

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.lucastds.com/webcomic
buzzcomix?
« on: 24 May 2005, 13:58 »

I really must know... what became of BuzzComix?  Everytime I click on a link of theirs, I get an ERROR 403 Forbidden message.

Is buzzcomix dead? Resting?

Anyone know?
8 1/2 by ELEVEN, a webcomic about you by Lucas TdS.  Updates every weekday.

Luke

buzzcomix?
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2005, 19:57 »

This discussion is currently being had in the TGG forums. Apparently the site is under new management. The current theory is that compared to the former owner, the new guy is not that competent in PHP, so something probably happened to the database there and he can't find anyone to fix it.

Or, perhaps, bCx got so many webcomics signed up with it that it finally exploded.

c1utch

buzzcomix?
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2005, 20:41 »

or so many left in utter fustration that it imploded :)

mosfet

buzzcomix?
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2005, 08:51 »

haha! :D

I'm thinking of taking the links off my page, cause those image not found boxes annoy me, as well as make my page look bad.  (imo)

Sideways

buzzcomix?
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2005, 10:04 »

We joined that exodus, and are now registered with TopWebComics instead.  It's basically the same &#^%, different pile.  :)

(not to be nasty, I mean; community is important... it's just that I see no real difference between TWC and BCX)

mosfet

buzzcomix?
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2005, 10:28 »

I just joined TWC.  It seems to be a bit of a better place in that people seem more interested in other comics on there.

Although it could be the setup is pretty nice, and makes it easier to check out other people's stuff.

Luke

buzzcomix?
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2005, 17:41 »

I just restarted my TWC membership. I think I've liked it there better than I have anywhere else.

mosfet

buzzcomix?
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2005, 05:41 »

I was thinking of the wrong one.  While I am part of TWC, I was writing about OnlineComics.net.  They're the ones with the really nice setup.

I definately gotta remove those BC broken images on my page. :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up