THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 08:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Reel Big Fish album  (Read 4171 times)

ASturge

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
New Reel Big Fish album
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2005, 10:55 »

Oh don't tell me about new albums, Asturge. There's more than enough on my shopping list as it is.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
New Reel Big Fish album
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2005, 11:03 »

Wow, I always forget they are still around.  I'd look into this but I get the feeling that the over a half a dozen CDs I've got in the past couple of weeks should be enough for awhile.

mizaktik

New Reel Big Fish album
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2005, 11:36 »

That album is really nice.  I like it a lot.  It's funny, Aaron is so SICK of being in a band, and damn it shows on this album.

The Morrissey cover on that album is good.  It's really funny, because if you didn't KNOW that it was a cover, you'd likely think it's an original song as it's really in their style.  The song is, of course, "We hate it when our friends become successful"

I think my favorite song is either Last Show or Say Goodbye.  But A-W-E-S-O-M-E is up there, too.

Maui

New Reel Big Fish album
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2005, 20:07 »

Yea, i definetely got the impression that they're sick of all the politics with the music industry right now. I went to a show of theirs last month, it was really awesome. They are one of the best live bands I've seen ever, and because they arent huge, there werent too many people there. Good times.
As far as their new cd goes, i read the article, and I dunno if im biased cause im a fan, but i think its pretty great. Eh oh well.

Spencer

New Reel Big Fish album
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2005, 08:39 »

Theres a guy who plays the open mic night at the bar I go to every week who claims to know RBF. Thusly, he plays mostly RBF covers. Yeah.

I dig the new single they've been playing on Fungus53 on XM, but based solely on that one song, I'm gonna bet that they fail to capture the energy and excitement of Turn The Radio Off.

ASturge

New Reel Big Fish album
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2005, 09:21 »

Just ordered it!

Hopefully they'll tour to promote the album.

mizaktik

New Reel Big Fish album
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2005, 01:06 »

Quote from: ASturge
Just ordered it!

Hopefully they'll tour to promote the album.

I don't know if they're gonna do a tour.  I haven't heard anything, and they did do a release party down in LA...so who knows?

EDIT:  It would appear, after ya know, checking their site.... that they are doing some sort of tour.  Whether it is specifically for the CD or not, I don't know.  It's a shame their playing in Anaheim on the 22nd and 23rd... I am not going to be able to make either, as I'm hitting the Aquabats show in my area on the 20th.  Thus, I expect to not have the funds to get down the the LA area...

Conatonc

New Reel Big Fish album
« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2005, 21:53 »

I picked up this album a couple of weeks back, after somehow missing its release date in early April. It's taken a few listens, but it's starting to grow on me now. Cheer Up was the same way- at first it sounds like the same old-same old, but eventually the good qualities start to emerge.

That PopMatters review was really thoughtful, it's nice to see a reviewer take a look at RBF with something other than disdain or blind fanboyism.

They are doing a tour this summer, once again called the Coast to Coast Roast. Although they're doing clubs instead of outdoor venues this year. Here's the dates: http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Artist&Content=REEBIGR&PSKey=Y
Pages: [1]   Go Up