THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 06:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stargate SG1: The Alliance  (Read 4840 times)

Caffine

Stargate SG1: The Alliance
« on: 26 May 2005, 15:29 »

new game being made by Jaywood and Perception
based on the Stargate SG1 TV Series on SciFi

you play as SG1
all voices are done by the actual actors(and actress)

Jack Oniell: Richard Dean Anderson (aka MacGuyver)
Tea'lc: Christopher Judge
Samantha Carter: Amanda Tapping
Daniel Jackson: Michael Shanks

the game will include all your favorite baddies:
Replicators(i think)
Goa'uld
Jaffa
Anbis's Super Soldiers

the game includes some puzzle solving as well as shooting the crap out of enemies

release date is October 2005 for all major consoles and PC

for more info go to http://www.stargate-thealliance.com

Mnementh

« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2005, 16:47 »

Hmm, could be interesting.  It would be awesome if they worked James Spader in somehow.

-sam

« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2005, 17:30 »

OP sounds like astroturf, but in any event including Spader would be odd since Shanks plays the same character, but you knew that I'm sure. :)

-sam

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2005, 17:55 »

Hmm... my initial sceptical response went something along the lines of:

"I can pretty much picture this already - a clumsy, poorly-executed team-based third-person shooter with puzzles being solved purely by the "intelligent" application of each of the four characters and their "unique" abilites - if you need to decipher some script in Ancient, then have Daniel read it. Need to fly a Goa'Uld cargo ship? Just make sure Teal'c gets to it intact. Need to access a computer network? Get Carter to do it. Mission briefings are supplied at a pre-rendered SGC, the stargate Wormhole effect make for a nice, handy, cheap cop-out loading screen, and if a single one of the characters gets killed in action, then you presumably have to restart the level. I predict a crappy camera, abominable physics and collision detection, horrendous AI and, at best a mediocre game."

But then I checked out that website. In retrospect, the above is HIGHLY unfair. Guess I should give the guys behind Stargate enough credit to at least look after their material and make sure it gets turned into a respectable game. Stargate Infinity notwithstanding, the Stargate crew seem to be pretty tight on quality control. The graphics displayed in the "screenshots" section alone were enough to make me reconsider...

If nothing else, that is a genuinely gorgeous-looking game. Looks like the Unreal 2 engine to me, but I might be wrong... If those screenshots are anything to go by, this game is going to be reaaaal easy on the eyes, if nothing else. I mean, seriously. THIS would sell pretty much any game.

And while good graphics do not necessarily make for a good game, I have to say that, in this case, i'm converted. I can't help but think that, this being Stargate AND being such a good-looking game, that it'll be worth buying. Lucky me, the stated release date is October -  just in time for ma burthdays! Lucky, lucky me.

including Spader would be odd since Shanks plays the same character, but you knew that I'm sure

And Michael Shanks does a much better job of it, too. Among other things, he's been Daniel Jackson for years now, whereas Spader just did the movie.

admittedly, however, the number of times that Daniel Jackson has died and come back is plain ridiculous. That guy has a "get out of death free" card...
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

Mnementh

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2005, 18:59 »

Yeah, but James Spader is freaking awesome.  Almost as awesome as Denny Crane.

I'll be honest.  I found the movie to be a whole hell of a lot better than the TV show, but I think the concept of a game sounds interesting/fun.

GebStar

• Furry furrier
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2005, 04:24 »

Looks very cool, I'm not the biggest Stargate Fan, but my brother is and it will definitely be on the "to buy" list later this year.

The screenshot that Switchblade posted was absolutely...'delicious' and is definiitely an incentive. I would like to know a little bit more about the story and how close it will actually be to the series, i'd check the site but the load times were unbearable.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

AFK Nooby

« Reply #6 on: 01 Jun 2005, 09:31 »

I've known about this for a while and eagerly await its release!
Who owns MacGyver season one on DVD?
I DO!
Who has seen every episode of SG-1 several times?
ME!!!

Deadpan

« Reply #7 on: 02 Jun 2005, 09:22 »

I love Stargate. It's one of the few tv programmes I make an effort to watch.

As for video-game/tv programme tie-ins... well, it looks a hell of a lot better than the CSI ones....
Pages: [1]   Go Up