THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 08:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Area 51  (Read 4290 times)

Cobalt_Blue

Area 51
« on: 30 May 2005, 10:36 »

Dunno if any of you ever played the Arcade shooter but i used to play it all the time and loved it. It was bloody difficult tho.

Well if you don't already know there is a new one coming out in like 7 days or something. Not an arcade shooter however just a normal First Person Shooter on PC,Ps2 and Xbox, but it looks fantastic.

If you are looking forward to the release they have just brought out a demo of it. The best download speed i got was from here http://downloads.ugo.com/details.php/id/5957

However if you got a slow connection its gonna take a while its a big download. Think about 695mb :S

Im downloadin it now, hope its good : )

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Area 51
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2005, 14:26 »

already came out, thilly

anyway, its average?

SeanBateman

Area 51
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2005, 20:03 »

The original was teh sex. I memorized the entire damn game, but I still could never beat the damn final boss, even as the alien hunter-killer

Jamoky

Area 51
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2005, 16:41 »

it looks nothing like the original.

i.e. bad.

Cobalt_Blue

Area 51
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jun 2005, 05:35 »

The demo was pretty cool, there is even a funny bit in the demo where it makes fun of the moon landing conspiracy and you end up appearing in a studio with cardboard spacemen and spaceships.

The actual feel of the game is obviously very different than that of the old arcade version but i still think it is pretty kool and is quite a challenge aswell. I'd say its a cross between Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 in ways.

If you like FPS's you should like this but i could see it gettin boring after a while unless the multiplayer is any good in it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up