THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 18:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Preacher Series.  (Read 3718 times)

boeuf

The Preacher Series.
« on: 31 May 2005, 08:03 »

Who else finds this comic to be amazing.
I know LaCreme probably does because it's their icon.

I've only read the first book but man...

oddball318

The Preacher Series.
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2005, 12:19 »

heh, noticed the Cassidy icon just the other day.
I certainly agree that Preacher is a great read.  Things just get even stranger as it goes, with the head of the illuminati sort of organization and the scion and even more Arseface.

SeanBateman

The Preacher Series.
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2005, 14:29 »

Preacher, along with sandman and transmet is one of my top 3 favorite vertigo comic series of all time, but it's currently in a death battle with Y: The Last Man for it's spot. Cassidy is one of the best characters ever created.

Coonstar

The Preacher Series.
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jun 2005, 01:12 »

I agree. This series is beyond awesome. It gets creepier and creepier, and more messed up than one can imagine. I liked little details like how Jesse's childhood friend's parents had two eyes insanely close together, then their offspring simply had one eye! Ah, the glory of fictional products of incest =D

Primate

The Preacher Series.
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jun 2005, 05:47 »

I hate, hate, hate Preacher. It's disgusting. Except that I bought every single collection. And have reread them two times. So, um, I guess I recommend them.

My Aim Is True

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.ospreyradio.com
The Preacher Series.
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2005, 13:14 »

I think my favorite trade is book 7. I never got into Preacher while it was new, but after I picked up ther first trade, I got them all. And I agree that Y:The Last Man is really close for my favorite vertigo title, if not favorite title overall. Fables is pretty awesome too.

I just joined this board, and I'm a little bit disappointed at the scarcity of talk about print comics. Still, seems like a neat place. So, hello.
Broken hearts are for assholes. Are you an asshole?

La Creme

The Preacher Series.
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2005, 23:10 »

Preacher is abso-bloody-lutely amazing. The movie is go btw. Which may be the best thing ever. Hopefully I'm 17 by the time it's out, because there is no possible way to make Preacher less than an NC-17 movie. Well, Sin City managed to do R which amazed me, but whatever.

Preacher has a wonderful, coherent storyline that a lot of good Vertigo comics lack. It also has a bloody ENDING which is something all stories everywhere need, but the people still making mainstream crap on Top Cow, DC, Image, and Marvel, still seem unable to grasp. End a story; think of something new every once in a while...

Preacher also has some of the best characters in any story ever. Starr is probably my favorite villain ever. The Saint wins the badass award no matter what. Plus, all the little side characters that don't even really matter are friggin' awesome, such as the Sex Detectives, the fallen angel, and TC.

And on top of it all, Preacher is smart. It's full of great philosophy and commentary on religion and the human condition. Thank whatever entity you may serve for Ennis, Dillon, and the glory that is Preacher.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
The Preacher Series.
« Reply #7 on: 01 Jul 2005, 09:53 »

I like Sandman but every other sampler thing I've read of Vertigo based stuff just kind of bugs me for some reason.

shadefell

The Preacher Series.
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2005, 13:26 »

I cringe at the thought of a Preacher movie because, for every "Sin City" there's been a "Constantine," a "Crow: City of Angels," a "Generation X" tv series, etc.

My Aim Is True

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.ospreyradio.com
The Preacher Series.
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2005, 08:30 »

I was actually looking for information on a Preacher movie on imdb.com just a few days ago. There used to be on elisted as in pre-production, but now they don't even have a page for it. Hooray! That means the window is still open for ME to make it.

I was thinking about casting while I was at work all last night.
Broken hearts are for assholes. Are you an asshole?
Pages: [1]   Go Up