THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need input!  (Read 4912 times)

ComfortEagle

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
I need input!
« on: 30 May 2005, 22:30 »

I just threw this together... is this a good
arcade fire shirt design?
extra kudos if you can  guess what song its bassed of

http:// here you go

Sideways

I need input!
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2005, 07:41 »

The edges are too rough... but you don't have photoshop, so there's not a hell of a lot you can do about that.

Neat design though.

But seriously, you REALLY need to get photoshop.

It doesn't HAVE to cost $600.00... I know this guy named Kaz Ah, and I got him to do a search for photoshop for me.  He found this one store, called Freedown Load, which gave me a wicked deal on it.

heh.

ComfortEagle

I need input!
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2005, 10:31 »

Hmm, welll even if i got photoshop i wouldnt be too familiar with it , but i suppose everyone learns some how.

darklogic

free
« Reply #3 on: 01 Jun 2005, 11:43 »

or you could try http://www.gimp.org">the gimp. It's free (gpl), cross-platform, and almost photoshop.

good luck!

Sideways

I need input!
« Reply #4 on: 01 Jun 2005, 11:53 »

There are some great classes available that you can take, for reasonable prices, to teach you a lot of the shortcuts and such in Photoshop.

Or you can do what most people (myself included) do, and just fumble around with the program for months and months until you think you know what you're doing with it.  :)

ComfortEagle

I need input!
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jun 2005, 17:32 »

Well, i will eventually have photoshop, and i think i know where i can get a cheep copy....

cacahuate

I need input!
« Reply #6 on: 01 Jun 2005, 18:41 »

Quote from: Sideways
Or you can do what most people (myself included) do, and just fumble around with the program for months and months until you think you know what you're doing with it.  :)

Is there any other way?

Sideways

I need input!
« Reply #7 on: 02 Jun 2005, 07:34 »

Online tutorials, through adobe, or just googled.

However, I advocate the 'fumble around' approach.  I learn better hands-on.

normz

I need input!
« Reply #8 on: 02 Jun 2005, 07:36 »

Quote from: Sideways

It doesn't HAVE to cost $600.00... I know this guy named Kaz Ah, and I got him to do a search for photoshop for me.  He found this one store, called Freedown Load, which gave me a wicked deal on it.

heh.

:o There are people out there who actually PAY for photoshop......

Sideways

I need input!
« Reply #9 on: 02 Jun 2005, 07:40 »

Yeah, and I'm not one of them!

normz

I need input!
« Reply #10 on: 02 Jun 2005, 07:44 »

Lol thank god ....... I have a friend who has a friend who has a large variety of software that may have just 'fallen off the back of a truck' or something of the like..... my laptop has $1000 of dollars worth of software and it cost me nothing MWAHAHAHAHA

Sideways

I need input!
« Reply #11 on: 02 Jun 2005, 07:48 »

Don't get me wrong, when I decided to get into digital painting/drawing in a serious way, I walked my ass over to the local compshop, with $400.00, thinking to pick up BOTH Adobe Photoshop, and Corel Photopaint.

Yeah, I didn't have enough to buy ONE let alone both.

So, I downloaded photoshop.  I could never get a downloaded version of Photopaint to work, but I had a valid copy of it at this one job where I did advertisements for the company, and in some ways I preferred it to Photoshop.

Actually, in a LOT of ways I preferred it to Photoshop.  But I haven't been able to use the program in a few years now, and I'm so accustomed to Photoshop now...

darklogic

open source, anyone?
« Reply #12 on: 02 Jun 2005, 08:49 »

I guess I'm the only guy here who refuses to use commercial software, even when I can get it for free.

Linux - operating system
GIMP - raster graphics software
Inkscape - vector graphics software
Blender - 3d modelling/animation

always worked for me! maybe some of you should give freshmeat.net a search before you shell out the hundreds for a commercial equivilant. just a thought ;)

ComfortEagle

I need input!
« Reply #13 on: 02 Jun 2005, 11:36 »

ive tried before and the only download of photoshop i could everfind was a free trial and died after so long.

ASturge

I need input!
« Reply #14 on: 02 Jun 2005, 12:08 »

Quote from: normz
Lol thank god ....... I have a friend who has a friend who has a large variety of software that may have just 'fallen off the back of a truck' or something of the like..... my laptop has $1000 of dollars worth of software and it cost me nothing MWAHAHAHAHA

I got so much recording software. And I got photoshop AND I dont have to pay for certain online games.

saturnine1979

I need input!
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jun 2005, 10:56 »

"You can't raise a baby on motor oil" from "Neighborhood #4 (Kettles)".

i agree with the above...photshop, or an equivalent graphics program, is a necessity for this sort of work.

as far as the design goes, i think you're getting too bogged down in making the lyrics literal. it's just kind of heavy-handed and busy. if i were trying to convey the same lyric graphically, i might try drawing a baby with a bottle in its hand with the world "oil" on it. then on the t-shirt, it'd just be the baby with its bottle, maybe an arcade fire logo done in baby block style letters.

just my thoughts.

Acegikmo

I need input!
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jun 2005, 00:45 »

I uh..accidentally ended up with a friends backup copy of studio MX, fireworks is a dream
Pages: [1]   Go Up