THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ressurecting Old Systems  (Read 4219 times)

Willis

Ressurecting Old Systems
« on: 03 Jun 2005, 20:40 »

I've recently reconnected my NES and Genesis in hopes that I can replay my whole collection of 7 remaining games between the two systems.  Unfortunately, I can't get either of the systems to work.  Anyone got any suggestions?

Side note: I had a moment of nostalgia when the bottom of the NES says "copyright 1985" -- its been 20  years already since it came out!

~~Willis

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
Ressurecting Old Systems
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jun 2005, 22:37 »

well, in the case of the nintendo it's usually a matter of either finding a new power supply or replacing the 72 pin that reads the cartrides. When the NES first came out Nintendo decided to save money and make those from aluminum. They wore down quickly, which is why so many systems "died" however, a lot of companies made replacements for them, making them out of, you know, good materials that don't wear down quickly.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

thehoopiestfrood

Ressurecting Old Systems
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2005, 01:20 »

Not quite the same but the title of this thread still made me think you're psychic. I finally got round to resurrecting my last computer, copying the data across to my new one (my old computer had a 5gig hard disc which had been so full I ended up deleting windows games and stuff to make room), empting it out and giving it a good spruce up. Now it's a lean mean old school game playing machine! (I am too lazy to work out how to make some games work with XP and don't want to ruin my computer.) Grim Fandango and Starship Titanic ahoy! It's so nice!

The quickest and easiest solution in my view would be to go to somewhere like a Gamestation or whatever which sells really cheap second hand consoles and get a working NES and whatnot, but that's not really economical and nowhere near as nice as playing your own one. It could be a last resort though. Chuck's idea sounds much nicer!

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Ressurecting Old Systems
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jun 2005, 13:57 »

I need to do that for my SNES and get myself some hot hot Yoshi's Island action.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
Ressurecting Old Systems
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2005, 20:06 »

Yoshi's island = Gaming orgasm.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

patch

Ressurecting Old Systems
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jun 2005, 01:43 »

i just bought a nes today.
DUCK HUNT with a ZAPPER!
MARIO!
so cool.
also, lolo 3 and a simpsons game. but mario and duckhunt beat them all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up