THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 00:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firefox  (Read 6268 times)

ComfortEagle

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Firefox
« on: 04 Jun 2005, 16:15 »

I normaly use fire fox for all my surfin needs, but latly the images havent been showing up, forcing me to go back to IE......
Any Ideas why?

thehoopiestfrood

Firefox
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2005, 16:39 »

Bad coding on the website's part?

GebStar

• Furry furrier
Firefox
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jun 2005, 19:34 »

Normally when i get a red X with FF i just right click and view image, that usually fixes it.

However, i notice that on some sites where i upload my own images i wont be able to see them.

I think maybe that its just unaviodable.
Quote from: Trollstormur
that slogan is a good slogan. so good, in fact, I think it should be applied to other things. like, "there's no wrong way to hit your spouse." or "there's no wrong way to commit nonconsentual sodomy."

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Firefox
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jun 2005, 00:05 »

my answer depends on where you're trying to view images.  on a few free hosting sites you're actually not allowed to have images, so people change the .jpg to .txt. IE displays them correctly, but firefox sees the txt and freaks.

other than that, i've not run into any problems displaying images in firefox, fortunately!

Addius

Firefox
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jun 2005, 01:05 »

Another possibility is that you have activated the security meassurement that forces it not to load pictures that are located on a different server from that of the homepage.

As thehoopiestfrood said, bad coding because some people doesn't use anything except Iexplorer when they code their pages might also be it.

thehoopiestfrood

Firefox
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jun 2005, 08:18 »

Oh - I've just thought - if you have a firewall it could be that. I wasn't allowing something with a silly name like Generic Host Process or something like that because I basically just blocked everything and this stopped a lot of images, especially on places like Amazon and eBay. However if IE still works this probably isn't the problem.

glasses

Firefox
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jul 2005, 02:54 »

One of the problems could be that firefox hates photobucket for some reason. If it's photobucket images that aren't showing up, you'll have to clear your cache and restart firefox.

And uh, does anyone know where I could find a spellchecking extension? I swore I've seen one, but I can't find it.

Samari

Firefox
« Reply #7 on: 07 Jul 2005, 12:02 »

you mean spellbound?

Matteh99

Firefox
« Reply #8 on: 07 Jul 2005, 20:37 »

Did you try clearing the cached web pages?

A corupted internet cache can cause all sorts of weird problems

Eric

FreshJive787

• Furry furrier
Firefox
« Reply #9 on: 09 Jul 2005, 02:50 »

i havnt had any photo loading problems with firefox. ever. so im not quite sure whats going wrong

Super Dave

Firefox
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jul 2005, 12:50 »

If you're using adblock, there might be a small chance you accidentally blocked the website from loading pictures. about all the help I can give.

And glasses, google now has a firefox toolbar, which has a spellchecker built-in.

tedzsee

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.lucastds.com/webcomic
Firefox
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jul 2005, 14:12 »

I have had the same problem. I feel your pain, man.

But I can't give up my tabs... sweet sweet tabs.
8 1/2 by ELEVEN, a webcomic about you by Lucas TdS.  Updates every weekday.

c1utch

Firefox
« Reply #12 on: 13 Jul 2005, 19:11 »

clear all your firefox cookies and cache. restart firefox. problem solved

edwartica

Firefox
« Reply #13 on: 13 Jul 2005, 21:42 »

When I have this problem, I just hit refresh. It works every time for me (unless it's bad coding). And as far as photobucket goes, I've never had a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up