THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 13:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drawing robotics/cybernetics  (Read 2890 times)

Sideways

Drawing robotics/cybernetics
« on: 10 Jun 2005, 06:19 »

So I got this little sketch-book, and I'm slowly filling it with stuff.  So far, the only thing I've finished is;

Sadly, my scanner makes it look like ass.

But I've decided to re-do it, digitally, and I'll be posting my progress.

I'd like to know what you guys think of the original, inked version though... if there's anything I need to fix before it becomes a mistake in the digital version as well.

Kev

normz

« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2005, 06:26 »

thats pretty cool .... i especially like the way you sign your name .... anyway will be better when you get the colouring smoothed out a little

crazybritishsteve

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2005, 06:30 »

I quite like the colouring, makes it look like a drawing from a technical book.

piratesarecool

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2005, 14:36 »

Lokos great. Only thing is, the wrist looks a little... unnatural. No that's not right. It just doesn't look like one would imagine. I think maybe if you moved it back a bit so it was a bit higher than the hand. Apart from that great job! I'd like to see the digital version.

JJMitchell

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jun 2005, 14:40 »

That is pretty sweet looking.

I too think that the whole technical look ... or maybe blue print look ... really makes the whole thing.

reva

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2005, 21:50 »

very nice :)  

drawing robotics definitely isn't easy if you're going the detailed route (as opposed to drawing a rectangle and calling it a robot... not that that can't be done nicely as well at times).  it's a main reason, i've never really attempted any sort of sci-fi project, art-wise.

but, in short, you do a good job of all of that, at least from what that hand shows

dancarter

• Curry sauce
    • http://dancarter.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2005, 08:36 »

Nice!  
One of the hardest things about doing robotics(unless you're, say, Shirow and possessed of an engineer's degree), is making the things look like they'll actually work.  
The design is really clean and the little ridges in the knuckle sections are excellent(but then, I like ridges in my robotics).
Pages: [1]   Go Up