- 14 (46.7%)
The Art is great, but...
- 11 (36.7%)
Never heard of it.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: 14 Jun 2005, 10:45

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac Hall  (Read 5359 times)

Sideways

Mac Hall
« on: 14 Jun 2005, 10:45 »

Even when the joke is lacklustre, I ADORE Mac Hall!

http://www.machall.com

If Ian would update more frequently, I'd be a happier man.  :)

twentyfour

Mac Hall
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2005, 12:22 »

Mac Hall is just a random update of pretty colours. Ian's a good artist n all that, but it's not really a comic anymore, it's more of a pre-coloured colouring book.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Mac Hall
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2005, 13:10 »

I love it, but then again I also love video games like there is no tomorrow.

crazybritishsteve

Mac Hall
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2005, 01:42 »

I love machall. I love the art AND the (somtimes crapy) jokes.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Mac Hall
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2005, 12:10 »

Mac Hall is great.  It's pretty awesome to see that Ian is going to work at sticking to his word when he says he's going to update.  The writting is what I really like almost the most though.

ThinkDifferent

Mac Hall
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2005, 20:13 »

The man definitely needs to update more often. I admit most of the time the jokes suck, but sometimes they crack me up and I'm laughing helplessly for hours. The recent "IM IN UR BASE! IM KILLING UR MANS!" strip is one of those. Also, comic 217 "COOK, you ignorant slut!" made me laugh for ages. Mac Hall has that talent for making jokes that just "hit me funny".

Lately, though, it seems like it's been one comic a week if we're lucky, and that comic is some nothing-special art with a lame joke.

I'm actually starting to prefer AppleGeeks over Mac Hall. I know it's just personal preference, but I like Hawk's art better than Ian's. Hawk's art looks more like anime, with bold lines and vivid colors. Also, AG's jokes are generally better, and the updates tend to keep to the schedule more. I appreciate regularity in a webcomic, which is a big reason why I keep reading QC.

Drewbacca

Mac Hall
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2005, 21:11 »

I like the stories more than the art. Everything is so pretty that it almost isn't a webcomic any more, or more like a webcomic done by Weta Studios.

La Creme

Mac Hall
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jul 2005, 21:02 »

I haven't gotten around to reading much, but what I have is decent. The art blew me away though. The first thing my friend ever showed me was the "Cthulhu, the littlest elder god" one. That is brilliant art-skilltasms.

KJ

Mac Hall
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jul 2005, 11:30 »

I like Mac Hall, both for the art and the writing. Shame about the updates, though.
I actually prefer Ians art over Hawks at Apple Geeks, mainly due to the more simplistic approach to shading and the paler color palette (spelling?)

Garcin

Mac Hall
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2005, 13:38 »

I'm a big fan, and have been through the archive a number of times.  Definitely go for that VG/Slacker deal.  Kind of disappointing that the site has essentially been broken since WoW linked to it though -- in response to the HEY SCARLETT DOOD comic.  Wouldn't it be nice if massive amounts of traffic were good for a webcomic.

--Moiche

MoiraFae

Mac Hall
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jul 2005, 18:19 »

I love me some MacHall. I, too, wish that the updates were not so sporadic of late. But, ah, such is life.

edwartica

Mac Hall
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jul 2005, 18:37 »

Hmm, never heard of it before today. It's ok.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Mac Hall
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jul 2005, 10:11 »

Does anyone else have trouble with it not loading what so ever frequently?

Sideways

Mac Hall
« Reply #13 on: 14 Jul 2005, 10:20 »

Yeah, I get that a lot.  I imagine Blizzard's link to their site gave them some bandwidth grief.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Mac Hall
« Reply #14 on: 14 Jul 2005, 11:11 »

I noticed that they had the site pretty bare bones after that but even before that I've always had trouble connecting to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up