THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 01:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iron & wine show  (Read 3959 times)

Mikendher

iron & wine show
« on: 15 Jun 2005, 21:05 »

just got back from the iron & wine show. it was a little disappointing unfortunately. i think part of that though was because he had a cold and because they didn't have his mic at the right level. i really liked how he played "in my lady's house" though. :-)

so i'm hoping it was just this show that was a little off

oh and jeph i saw you, but i'm too shy to say anything (i was wearing an elliott smith shirt if you happened to notice me, right in front of sam at the very front)

Mnementh

iron & wine show
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2005, 22:51 »

I thought it was wicked good, despite his cold.  One of the better shows I've been to in a while.

grave

iron & wine show
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2005, 10:55 »

i enjoyed the show quite a bit, although i think the sound man was on crack.  the levels on the vocals were way off, and frequently out of balance with each other.

heretic

iron & wine show
« Reply #3 on: 16 Jun 2005, 11:09 »

i slept through thier show at bonnaroo, i was so pissed, but acid, mushrooms, and no sleep will do that too ya

Mikendher

iron & wine show
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2005, 11:31 »

yeah, i was very tempted to tell sam his mic should be up :-)

oh well. overall the concert still made me happy

Merkava

iron & wine show
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2005, 13:42 »

Iron and Wine just makes the heart happy.

Although Woman King makes all of their other songs sound a tad blander than usual, I bet they're fantastic live.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
iron & wine show
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2005, 15:52 »

I saw them when they came here a few months ago. Pretty good show.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Coolhanderik

iron & wine show
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jun 2005, 19:57 »

I is sad :( Iron & Wine is playing in the city (NYC) tomorrow and I don't really see anyway I'm going to get there since I wasn't aware till earlier today, so yeah since I don't know my way around the city and I have no one to go with...I shall sit around and be sad.

ahsaehr

• Not quite a lurker
iron & wine show
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jun 2005, 20:50 »

I really wish I could go to an Iron & Wine show, but they won't be around where I live anytime soon, at least, not that I am aware of, and I can't get my license until Halloween.
Pages: [1]   Go Up