THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 14:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which concert(s) to go to?  (Read 6984 times)

CRASH andor BURN

Which concert(s) to go to?
« on: 09 Jun 2005, 20:41 »

I live near Los Angeles so tons of great shows are coming this summer. Can't go to Warped Tour though. The Decemberists, The Arcade Fire, Architecture in Helsinki are all playing concerts real soon but I have no job. So I need your help deciding which to attend.

Signum_Tenebrae

« Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2005, 20:48 »

Has Ted Nugent come through your neck of the woods yet?

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2005, 20:50 »

Out of those you listed, I'd say Decemberists. Of course, you could like, you know, get a job.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Skibas_clavicle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Mo' money, mo' problem.
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jun 2005, 20:58 »

I'll tell you what I tell everyone else: Whore yourself out! Then you can go to all three.
I like the way you work it.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jun 2005, 21:00 »

prostitution! woo!
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #5 on: 09 Jun 2005, 21:01 »

Architecture in Helsinki - they've come from furthest away, so they're likely to be coming your way far less frequently than either of the other two.

SeanBateman

« Reply #6 on: 09 Jun 2005, 21:33 »

Also playing soon(I am having the same problem) are Wilco! Bright Eyes, Rilo Kiley, and Spoon. Where's architecture in Helsinki playing? Plus if you go to the arcade fire at hollywood bowl, we gots ta do a QC meet up

californaya

« Reply #7 on: 09 Jun 2005, 22:37 »

Quote from: Signum_Tenebrae
Has Ted Nugent come through your neck of the woods yet?

I saw him on KISS's "farewell tour" back in 2000. He still rawks.

I would go with the Decemberists.

Signum_Tenebrae

« Reply #8 on: 09 Jun 2005, 23:28 »

I might go see the Nuge if I'm around when he comes through Corpus.

I sincerely hope he kills something with a bow and arrow right in the middle of Cat Scratch Fever.

Mikendher

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jun 2005, 06:09 »

decemberists and arcade fire, both are ridiculous! :-)

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2005, 06:55 »

Hah, Nugent is coming through here sometime, not sure when exactly though.

CRASH andor BURN

« Reply #11 on: 10 Jun 2005, 10:45 »

Quote from: SeanBateman
Also playing soon(I am having the same problem) are Wilco! Bright Eyes, Rilo Kiley, and Spoon. Where's architecture in Helsinki playing? Plus if you go to the arcade fire at hollywood bowl, we gots ta do a QC meet up

Architecture in Helsinki is playing at some place called the Echo near Echo Park (surprise surprise). Well according to their site its June 28th but I can't seem to find tickets or even mention of their tickets ever been on sale. I want to go to The Arcade Fire at the Hollywood Bowl since the idea of a QC meet up sounds like a good time. I just need to sell my body to earn a little cash. Oh and where and when are all those bands you mentioned playing?

SeanBateman

« Reply #12 on: 10 Jun 2005, 16:44 »

Bright Eyes is tommorow at the arrohead ampitheater and tuesday at an LA auditorium, Spoon is the 21s I think at the Henry fonda, and I dunno bout Rilo Kiley

CRASH andor BURN

« Reply #13 on: 10 Jun 2005, 18:02 »

Aw..I'm terribly broke since I haven't gotten any graduation gifts yet. And The Arcade Fire tickets are terribly expensive at $80 so I doubt I will go.

Merkava

« Reply #14 on: 10 Jun 2005, 18:17 »

Quote from: Kai
Out of those you listed, I'd say Decemberists. Of course, you could like, you know, get a job.

Ew. The Decemberists? No way. Arcade Fire all the way. I've heard their live shows are spectacular.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #15 on: 10 Jun 2005, 18:37 »

You wanna know the problem? Look at the post above you. 80 bucks is more than I spent to see Primus last year.

Although their lyrics are a tad overrated. Also, it was out of the list of the three he had given, and I'm not really huge on any of them.

SeanBateman

« Reply #16 on: 10 Jun 2005, 19:12 »

80$ Are you kidding? it's the bowl kid, you can get 10$ seats.

CRASH andor BURN

« Reply #17 on: 11 Jun 2005, 21:32 »

According to ticketmaster.com, the 10 dollar tickets are sold out. ;_;

La Creme

« Reply #18 on: 12 Jun 2005, 01:21 »

Spoon is the 21s I think at the Henry fonda

The Avalon. Me and the madre are working on the ticket thing. As in I'll try to remember tomorow. Thank god I won;t be in LA for the Arcade Fire show, otherwise I'd be really tempted to spend that 80 bucks which I am otherwise using to buy a BOSS Auto-wah. So sexy.

salada

• Curry sauce
« Reply #19 on: 12 Jun 2005, 02:12 »

out of interest, how much are the AIH tickets?

their gigs over here (from my experience anyway) range from free to AUD$15. interested to see if they get expensive cos they're an international act for you guys.

and i'd go to AIH if i were you, following the same logic that someone a few posts up from here did. far away = less frequent (and i like them better than either of your other options).

CRASH andor BURN

« Reply #20 on: 13 Jun 2005, 10:49 »

The AIH show is only $8 and they are playing with Scrabble and Army/Navy (Both of which I've never heard). But I am kind of confused. The AIH site says the show is all ages but the venue's site says its 18+. I'm not 18 til September. A $8 loss wouldn't be so bad so I think I might try to get in.

Merkava

« Reply #21 on: 13 Jun 2005, 12:32 »

Quote from: Kai
You wanna know the problem? Look at the post above you. 80 bucks is more than I spent to see Primus last year.

Although their lyrics are a tad overrated. Also, it was out of the list of the three he had given, and I'm not really huge on any of them.

Ah, I missed that post. My fault.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jun 2005, 15:53 »

Quote from: CRASH andor BURN
The AIH show is only $8 and they are playing with Scrabble and Army/Navy (Both of which I've never heard). But I am kind of confused. The AIH site says the show is all ages but the venue's site says its 18+. I'm not 18 til September. A $8 loss wouldn't be so bad so I think I might try to get in.

Send and email to the venue.

CRASH andor BURN

« Reply #23 on: 16 Jun 2005, 08:20 »

They don't have an e-mail address. I think I'll call though.

CRASH andor BURN

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jun 2005, 12:32 »

Ok. So the tickets for Architecture in Helsinki are on sale now on the site. $8. All ages. I must go. QC meet up!

heretic

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jun 2005, 12:38 »

i vote decemberists. boo to arcade fire, i'm not a fan *shields face from broken bottles*

CRASH andor BURN

« Reply #26 on: 22 Jun 2005, 12:46 »

I have to go to the Decemberists. I'll see Arcade Fire some other time. Tickets are too expensive for this show.

SeanBateman

« Reply #27 on: 22 Jun 2005, 15:33 »

OOO where's the AIH show? I'm there like woah.

CRASH andor BURN

« Reply #28 on: 23 Jun 2005, 09:25 »

AIH show is in LA at The Echo next Tuesday. I think I'll drag someone along just so I won't look dumb all alone or that might be better so I can hit on cute indie girls.

Reno

« Reply #29 on: 23 Jun 2005, 13:41 »

I am looking at crossing the 49th parallel for the first time in near 5 years to go see the Arcade Fire in September.  They were here for an awards show Sunday, but I couldnt get tickets -cries-
Pages: [1]   Go Up