Opinion?

Fuck LA.  I hate LA and hope they all die from listening to too much good music
- 2 (100%)
I live in LA and am a goddamned lucky bastard
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: 23 Jun 2005, 09:15

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ArthurFest  (Read 2984 times)

sp2

ArthurFest
« on: 23 Jun 2005, 09:15 »

From Pitchfork:

ArthurFest, a late entry in our summer festival circuit is the creation of Arthur Magazine and Spaceland Productions, yet it boasts easily one of the best lineups of the year (a distant second-place to Intonation, of course). Sonic Youth, Sleater-Kinney, and the temporarily reunited Olivia Tremor Control lead the venerable pack, which will commence September 4 and 5 at the Barnsdall Art Park in the Little Armenia/Los Feliz area of Los Angeles.

The complete two-day lineup (as it stands right now; with more acts are expected to be announced shortly) includes: Sonic Youth, Sleater-Kinney, the Black Keys, Cat Power, Olivia Tremor Control, T-Model Ford, Merzbow, the Juan Maclean, Dead Meadow, Comets On Fire, SUNN O))), Six Organs of Admittance, Vetiver, Josephine Foster, Sunburned Hand of the Man, Wolfmother, Circle, Radar Bros., Earth, Marissa Nadler & Jack Rose, Magik Markers, Future Pigeon, Becky Stark & the Lavender Diamond, and Winter Flowers.

The festival will also allow hipsters to tap into their inner-David Lynch, as they will screen some rarely-viewed avant garde films. Neighborhood eateries will set up shop as well, and performer T-Model Ford, an 80-year old bluesman, will get his own booth to "dispense wisdom & possibly kisses for a small price."

Goddamn, look at that list of bands.

Fuck you, LA.  Fuck you and hope you all die you goddamned lucky bastards.  First Coachella and now this.  Fucking bastards.

I am jealous.

heretic

ArthurFest
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2005, 09:18 »

fuck. you. L. A.

CRASH andor BURN

ArthurFest
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2005, 09:19 »

Sounds like someone wants to go? I like 30 minutes from LA yet don't listen to any of those people. I think I'll go just to make you mad. :wink:

heretic

ArthurFest
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2005, 09:21 »

or to listen to good music. dolt.

sp2

ArthurFest
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2005, 09:26 »

Yeah, seriously, that's very worth the price of admission.  That's a pretty intimidating lineup for such a small festival.

El Opium

ArthurFest
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2005, 11:07 »

wow, that is a good line up down to the last band. They even have Circle.

sp2

ArthurFest
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2005, 11:17 »

Exactly.  Man, why don't we get good music festivals in Denver?  WHY?
Pages: [1]   Go Up