THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 03:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My band, uh, on tour  (Read 4444 times)

OtterErotic

My band, uh, on tour
« on: 24 Jun 2005, 20:54 »

Hi, everybody -- relatively new to this forum, my apologies for starting such a shameless thread.

I am in a band called Get Him Eat Him -- we are touring this summer all up and down this great nation of ours, doing the east coast with the Constantines, the Midwest with the Wrens, and everywhere else by our li'l old selves.  Our tourdates are listed at here and there are some MP3's here.  I think we put on a pretty danged good show, and it's always a pleasure to have good people/QC fans/people in general  in attendance.  Under most circumstances I would just keep this to the previous pimp your music thread, but hey, it's our first national tour and we are very excited at the prospect of people actually showing up.  Yeah.

Jooooosh

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2005, 20:57 »

what kind of music is it?
fast-food for thought

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2005, 21:03 »

I'd go but you're not coming anywhere near my neck of the woods, aside from Colorado.

Not bad music. Kinda the Pixies with keyboards and an actual singer, not Black Francis screaming his crazy lyrics.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

OtterErotic

My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2005, 21:05 »

Kai, where are you?  We're probably going to be playing arizona, new mexico, and a buncha places in texas on the way back east.  If I ever hear back from any of these promoters.  Ha ha... ha.... arfghghgh.

Also, thanks re: the Pixies comparison!  I wish I could sing like Black Francis.... (or write lyrics like him, for that matter)

Jooooosh

My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jun 2005, 21:08 »

hopefully youll come to san antonio

pretty please????? for me??????
fast-food for thought

OtterErotic

My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2005, 21:12 »

What are some good clubs in san antonio?  So far we don't have anything confirmed anywhere in texas!

Jooooosh

My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jun 2005, 21:16 »

hmm theres the white rabbit, but i think thats a bar, so i wouldnt be able to get in

other than that, i dont know any clubs
fast-food for thought

Unosuke

My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jun 2005, 21:26 »

There's The Sanctuary, but its a really small place and theres a bunch of emo kids. Theres also the Sunset Station, but I think they're owned by House of Blues. Hopefully yall come to either Austin or San Antonio
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

Jooooosh

My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jun 2005, 21:28 »

the sunset station would be a hard place to get a gig, cuz its for the venues that alot of people know about, but maybe
fast-food for thought

Merkava

My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #9 on: 25 Jun 2005, 08:18 »

Don't tell me you didn't even try to get a reservation for the 9:30 Club in DC.

*cries*

OtterErotic

My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #10 on: 25 Jun 2005, 08:41 »

I've heard the 9:30 club is where it's at, but we really wanted to play with the Jim Yoshii Pile-Up on the 22nd.  I've heard Warehouse Next Door is cool, so hopefully it'll be a good show!

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jun 2005, 11:30 »

Quote from: OtterErotic
Kai, where are you?  We're probably going to be playing arizona, new mexico, and a buncha places in texas on the way back east.  If I ever hear back from any of these promoters.  Ha ha... ha.... arfghghgh.

I'm in Kansas. Overland Park, but Wesport and Lawrence are close. and Missouri. but not St. Louis. Fuck St. Louis.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

OtterErotic

My band, uh, on tour
« Reply #12 on: 27 Jun 2005, 20:50 »

Boo, I don't think we're doing Kansas -- hopefully we'll be in Omaha on 8/18, but it's up in the air (and pretty far away).
Pages: [1]   Go Up