THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 03:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con?  (Read 5005 times)

Oerdin

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
San Diego Comic Con?
« on: 29 Jun 2005, 21:41 »

Even though I've lived in San Diego most of my life I've only bothered to go to the Comic Con once and that was way back in 1998.  I guess I was never really into comics that much.  I think I'll buy a ticket this year just so I can meet some of the people who draw the web comics I read and maybe laugh at the 400 lb bastards in the batman tights.

Anyone else going?

Oerdin

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2005, 12:15 »

http://www.comic-con.org/index.php

That's the web site for the Comic Con and it's supposed to be the biggest/greatest/what not comic convention in the country so I imagine most of the artists will be there.  It's going to be July 16-17 while Street Scene(a huge music festival; one of the largest in California) will be two weeks after that on July 29-30.

Oerdin

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2005, 12:20 »

http://entertainment.signonsandiego.com/profile/174658/

Write up about it from the San Diego Union-Tribune including schedules, prices, VIP appearances, etc.  Looks like it might be worth going to see.

fredhate

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jul 2005, 14:55 »

I will be there with bells on.

SeanBateman

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jul 2005, 16:07 »

I am going

Clara

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jul 2005, 23:37 »

I get to go there on a trolley.

(Still kind of need to buy that four day pass, hrmmm...)

Conatonc

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #6 on: 05 Jul 2005, 09:25 »

The San Diego Comic Con is probably my favorite event of the year. I'd been telling myself for years that one day I would go, and then in 2003, I did. Now I'm heading back for my 3rd consecutive year and plan to keep on going. There's so much cool stuff going on that I usually barely end up going to any of the comic-related events because I'm busy at the movie, tv, and anime panels.

I'm also gonna try to catch Coheed & Cambria while I'm there this year, since they'll be pimping their comic book at the con and playing shows on Thursday and Friday night. Oh, and Tenacious D are playing, too! :D

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #7 on: 05 Jul 2005, 10:44 »

penny arcade and scott mccloud are still across from each other, right?  THat's going to be fun...

Clara

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #8 on: 05 Jul 2005, 21:40 »

If you're on a budget and over 16, you can volunteer for a certain amount of hours the night before and I think for a few exhibitions on any day of your choice and then you're allowed to go free for all four days. It's pretty cool if you don't mind the work, which, according to my brother, really isn't that much.

Meaning you'll see a very happy Clara at Comic-Con 2007. Hellz yeah.

SeanBateman

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #9 on: 05 Jul 2005, 21:54 »

Yehp I am volounteering this year. Three hours and you get the day free, 12 total and you get all the days free. Woot!

Oerdin

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #10 on: 06 Jul 2005, 11:48 »

I plan on going on Saturday since that's the day most of the VIPs show up plus it's my day off of work.  My friend Mike and I will park my car in old town and ride the trolley to down town; as an added benifit we'll be able to drink our asses off in the Gas Lamp District after the convention and not have to worry about driving home.  Normally, there is some sort of TV preview or new movie preview on Saturday as well so I'm confident that a good time will be had by all.

Sam Logan

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #11 on: 06 Jul 2005, 11:58 »

Comic-con will be awesome! I am really looking forward to finally meet Jeph and the other attending Dayfree-ers in person. When you live out in the Canadian boonies, it's a rare opportunity!

Freezey

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #12 on: 06 Jul 2005, 21:01 »

Theres a really talented Calgarian comic artist whos going to be at the con this year, with a book collecting the early issues of his comic "Dorkboy" on sale. His name is Damian Willcox, and if you're going down there I'd reccomend checking his work out. It's hilarious stuff. He should be in the "small press" area.

CRASH andor BURN

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #13 on: 11 Jul 2005, 09:36 »

I want to go Thursday or Friday because Jeph will be there and Coheed & Cambria. The only other day I can go is Sunday but there will be no Co & Ca. I gotta find out though because its like 2 hours away. Plus I only have $20 and the tickets are $25. That means if I can get $5 more, I still won't have any money for swag like a QC shirt or something. Sadness.

Oerdin

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #14 on: 11 Jul 2005, 22:54 »

If you're that straped for cash then do what some of the other people are doing and volinteer.  Either that or just borrow some money from your parents or master the moment.

CRASH andor BURN

San Diego Comic Con?
« Reply #15 on: 14 Jul 2005, 12:01 »

I don't think my parents are letting me go because its a 2 hour drive and they say I'm too young. I'm almost 18. Sheesh..
Pages: [1]   Go Up