THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 20:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just got Deus Ex for £4.99  (Read 8921 times)

ASturge

Just got Deus Ex for £4.99
« on: 07 Jul 2005, 12:53 »

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

This thread has no point other then for the gamers of the forum to rejoice in the knowledge that I have Deus Ex.

For 5 pounds.

Ay

« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2005, 13:14 »

I got Deus Ex for free.  A long time ago too.

[Edit:]  Leagally too.  CGW is a good, good thing.

zekterellium

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2005, 13:37 »

good game.

Titan

« Reply #3 on: 07 Jul 2005, 16:00 »

Epic.

glasses

« Reply #4 on: 07 Jul 2005, 16:48 »

I got it for ten bucks canadian. Fuck, that game is so fun. Oh man, I should renistall it. I don't think I beat it all the way through.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jul 2005, 16:55 »

Got it for ten pounds, quite a long time ago, by now. I think I've beaten it in every conceivable fashion, including being totally stealthy and non-lethal the whole way through.

Although I've never quite managed to work out why tear gas is so effective in that game when so many of the bad guys are either part mechanical, or wear  full-face breathing masks.

I ALWAYS take the face model with the scar, btw.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

glasses

« Reply #6 on: 07 Jul 2005, 16:59 »

The one time got close to beating it, I had a super stealth pistol. I put all the weapon mods onto it, and full pistol skill.

ASturge

« Reply #7 on: 08 Jul 2005, 10:54 »

See, I've downloaded a ton of new skins and mods.

This means that my guys face skin is so damn cool.

Doctor Bulwer

« Reply #8 on: 08 Jul 2005, 19:21 »

I bought Deus Ex on Amazon. It was a "Preview Edition" that stopped HALFWAY THROUGH! I must find the real game, and beat it.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #9 on: 08 Jul 2005, 20:06 »

The P.C. version retails for AU$10 over here.

FreshJive787

• Furry furrier
« Reply #10 on: 09 Jul 2005, 02:43 »

its a fantastic game, but after i got my new computer i have games like battlefield 2 to play for now, i may go back and revisit deus ex sometime in the near future

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #11 on: 09 Jul 2005, 06:16 »

I find J.C. Denton's painfully earnest pronouncements a bit too much to take sometimes.

harvest17

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jul 2005, 17:35 »

I got really far through this game, then my computer's power supply went ZZZAAAP! and fried everything; I've never had the chance to play it again :( One day this shall be remedied.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #13 on: 11 Jul 2005, 17:43 »

Quote from: Inlander
I find J.C. Denton's painfully earnest pronouncements a bit too much to take sometimes.

"Oh my god! JC, a bomb!"
"A bomb!!!!"

Seriously, why's he all suprised about a bloody bomb? This is a man who'se been dealing with GEP guns, LAMs and  barrels full of exploding gasoline since  the start of the game...

Oh, I FINALLY managed to save Paul a couple nights ago, on a whimsy replay. My mistake was to always go out the back window in the apartment. Do that, even if you clear out the entire hotel, and Paul dies. Go out the front, and he lives. That simple.

ASturge

« Reply #14 on: 12 Jul 2005, 11:57 »

He lived on my first play through years ago.

I just figured.... you're not taking my brother from me!!!!!

Charged out of the front door with the GEP gun!

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jul 2005, 14:44 »

Heh... I just loaded the assault rifle up with grenades, and chucked one through the door the moment the MiB's blew it in. Cleared the corridor in one shot.

I always fought the MiBs in that bit (but tranqilised the UNATCO guys) but once the hotel was cleared, I always just went out the window in the apartment, rather than the front door. More stealthy that way. Unfortunately, also a brother-killing action.

I've never failed to save Tiffany Savage, though. I am a stealth sniper ninja dude in that gas station. Master rank in sniper rifle, with a silencer, a laser dot, maxed out accuracy mods, plus the eye augmentation that increases accuracy, and I breezed through that section. Headshotted everything except Tiffany's guards, who I gas grenaded and then shot with my stealth pistol.

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jul 2005, 15:08 »

It's cool when games this big on pure gameplay get reduced to budget price. Well worth playing now even though the graphics are outdated and stuff.

ASturge

« Reply #17 on: 13 Jul 2005, 01:47 »

Thing is, thanks to all the patches i have downloaded (and mods/skins)

The game actually looks pretty good. Fair enough, It's no Battlefield 2. But I can look at some of the lighting effects and still say

"That's some funky ass lighting"

My favoruite bit is dealing with Simmons. I just let him get close, then (as usual) pull out the GEP gun...

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #18 on: 19 Jul 2005, 03:12 »

I just love the augmentations, more games should have them.

Especially the super-running one.

Like the bit in Hell's Kitchen where you have to get to the top of the building to send a transmission, I sneak up the side using ladders and stuff, send the transmission, then turn on the aug and jump all the way down to street level, then haul ass out of there.
Actions speak louder than words, especially if you have a giant moon laser.

Quote from: Tearon
There's something really freakish about you, ya know that? In a good way.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #19 on: 19 Jul 2005, 06:10 »

Yeah, I did that too. I have a thing about killing the UNATCO troops - MiB's and MJ12 yes, UNATCO, NSF, cops and civvies, no. Being able to jump off the building without having to battle past all the guys in green was a real boon for me.

I also found the running/jumping mod useful in the cathedral, the nuke silo, and Area 51.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #20 on: 19 Jul 2005, 08:31 »

My game buggered up the first time I played at the hotel part. I had sent the transmission and everything else I was supposed to do, I get back to the hotel, and Paul's not there. I look around the entire town, and come back, go back to the base, make sure I did everything, the guy is sitll not there. at that point I went ahead and stopped playing. Later I picked it up, started over, and beat it. it ruled.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

5thWheel

« Reply #21 on: 28 Jul 2005, 02:17 »

Quote from: Switchblade
I have a thing about killing the UNATCO troops - MiB's and MJ12 yes, UNATCO, NSF, cops and civvies, no.

Me too, I think it is awesome that even though you know it makes no difference (except 1st 2 episodes) you get so immersed in the game you care about stuff like this.  I even scuttle the boat without rendering any of the crew unconcious so they have as much chance as I have of escaping :) .
I also prodded lebedev (the game reacts as if you've killed him, & I wanted to see how that turned out) but took his sleeping body with me through as much of the game as I could so UNATCO/MJ12 wouldn't get their hands on him.  I also like taking Manderly a potted plant everytime I go and see him :D .

I have a thing about killing MiB's with WP rockets and watching them run around screaming like little girls waving their arms in the air, heh :)

Deus Ex is still the best game I own, I think the only other game I've come close to enjoying as much is Max Payne/2.  I am hoping the next Elder Scrolls game might be cool, but am dubious because of how bad Morrowind sucked.

The paul/hotel bit is weirdly buggy.  I usually wall him in with chairs while everything is safe and mine the hotel lobby with wallmounted gas grenades so I can sleepdart the unatco guys quickly & snipe the MJ12s.  I know this is kindof cheaty but I kept finding Paul would just *vanish* before my very eyes otherwise.

soap

Re: Just got Deus Ex for £4.99
« Reply #22 on: 31 Jul 2005, 12:29 »

Quote from: ASturge
I have Deus Ex.
For 5 pounds.

i got the PC version for £5 too ... its probably one of the best games i can think of. it was so immersive.
 shame about invisible war, it looked amazing, but really the story was slightly lacking in comparison.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #23 on: 31 Jul 2005, 14:01 »

Quote from: Switchblade
Heh... I just loaded the assault rifle up with grenades, and chucked one through the door the moment the MiB's blew it in. Cleared the corridor in one shot.

Proximity mines in the entrance passage. BADOOM.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Simon

• Plantmonster
« Reply #24 on: 31 Jul 2005, 15:08 »

I've never played Deus Ex before, although I've heard a ton of good things about it. Can anybody explain what's so awesome about it?

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #25 on: 31 Jul 2005, 18:23 »

Immersiveness, basically.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio
Pages: [1]   Go Up