- 2 (6.7%)
Revolution & PS3
- 4 (13.3%)
PC
- 4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: 21 Jul 2005, 12:34

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3  (Read 7449 times)

Symp

• Emoticontraindication
Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« on: 21 Jul 2005, 12:34 »

This is where we will discuss  how these systems will do, at release day and beyond.
And how they compare up to each other.

Xbox 360 has the element of surprise err, I mean eariler launch date.
PS3 is shaping up to be the most powerful
REVO has a wildcard controller.

Please no flamming, or extremely stupid stuff (unless its funny)
Saying sorry isn't an excuse when you do something stupid on purpose

Shibboleth

Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2005, 17:11 »

I'll be getting a Revolution.

When it comes to original, creative games, you just can't go past Nintendo. I find that the games for PS / XBox are too much 'generic shooter/fighter/driving game' or 'Madden golf/tennis/football/soccer' titles.

I only buy a couple of games a year, and only one console, so I prefer the console with the very best games. For me, Nintendo with Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Wario is a nearly impossible system to beat. Nintendo has the greatest collection of 'clever/creative' games for it.

I think that in the upcoming generation of systems, the Revolution will do badly again, at least in the US / Australia. Nintendo just seems to have a bad image amongst gamers as a low-power 'kiddies' system, which I think will continue. Sony and Microsoft's BS marketing campaign of pre-rendered screenshots and laughable 'triangle counts' will again rule.

Axle

Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2005, 17:27 »

IF I get a console, it would be the Revolution, for the fact that I could play games from all the other consoles... The ability to play multiple Zelda's one after another is truly important.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2005, 18:08 »

^important? or doable with a computer :-X

i say this as a nintendo fan, anyhow.  if their controller/lineup looks promising ill be picking one of them up, as all my friends are going otherwise, and im becoming like the second poster, getting only a few games now and then...i dont know whats happening to me, my gamiing soul is leaving :(

Inanimate Object

• Balloon animal serial killer
    • http://www.psptown.com
Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2005, 18:36 »

I'll end up with all three eventually. I have all of the current gen consoles.

What I like about the new gen is that it's so expensive and time consuming that developers are still going to support the old consoles for quite a while. I'll probably pick up an Xbox 360 sometime in 2006, then get the others later when the price comes down a little.

Mikintosh

• Emoticontraindication
Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2005, 20:02 »

As a Nintendo buddy, I'm gleeful to see Revolution in front. I might pick up Xbox 360 way on down the line, but I don't see how Halo 3 can be so drastically different to plunk down $300-ish for the privelege to play it. PS3: the no.

Stranger Dan

• Emoticontraindication
Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2005, 23:38 »

The PS2 did a good job at letting me play all of the most important titles but a $500 price tag isn't realistic. I might go with an Xbox 360 if it is fully backwards compatible so I can play all of the games that I missed on the first Xbox. The partial backwards compatibility that I've been hearing about will let me play Mech Assault sure but I want to play Panzer Dragoon and at least have an unrealistic ambition of playing Steel Battilion.
If I don't get a good price and full backwards compatibility I'll probably just stay with a Nintendo so I can play Metroid, Zelda, and Smash Brothers.

Lug

Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jul 2005, 00:07 »

If I were to buy a console it would be a Nintendo. The games appeal to me more and I don't see the point in buying another computer just for PSX/Xbox games.

Hado-Ken

Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jul 2005, 04:02 »

I will get a PS3, but I will also get a Revolution purely for Zelda and Mario games, and for awesome RPGs that no one has ever heard of. (These do exist, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia: Legends, these could have been huge if they were on the PS2)

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2005, 08:53 »

I figure I'll end up with all three eventually.  I have no loyalties to any specific system because they're all made by big ass companies who don't care about your loyalty, just your disposable income.

DaemonInside

Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #10 on: 22 Jul 2005, 10:02 »

Really I'm gonna try and get them all, but if I can't get them all probably get a PS3 or XBox 360 after the prices go down.

Patatat

Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #11 on: 22 Jul 2005, 10:42 »

xbox 360, because look at how disapointing Nintendo is.

and last time I owned a ps2, the games got boring after a while.

I want mah rpg's mother fucker, and xbox 360 delivers like no other.

BlueCoatKarma

Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #12 on: 23 Jul 2005, 11:30 »

If I were to buy a console, it would be a Revolution, mostly because of the whole back-catalog thing. I think it could be a lot of fun to play some of those old multiplayer games with friends at college just for nostalgia's sake . I don't have the time to sit down and play involved games, I'd rather just have fun messing around. We always talk about buying a SNES and a TV to play old games, so I think Nintendo is making a good move.

EDIT: Especially if its cheaper than the other consoles.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #13 on: 27 Jul 2005, 13:17 »

Quote from: Patatat
xbox 360, because look at how disapointing Nintendo is.

and last time I owned a ps2, the games got boring after a while.

I want mah rpg's mother fucker, and xbox 360 delivers like no other.

uh....xbox had some decent rpgs...but not a larger library, or a better quality library than the ps2...?

Inanimate Object

• Balloon animal serial killer
    • http://www.psptown.com
Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #14 on: 27 Jul 2005, 14:33 »

I was a little puzzled by that too. PS2 is the RPG machine. Even GameCube had more RPGs than Xbox.

Super Dave

Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #15 on: 27 Jul 2005, 21:16 »

X box is definitley the "First-Person Shooter" console. 90% of my games for it are FPS's. Also, I'm definitley going for Revoloution, then PS3. The Xbox simply has nothing to offer, and i think it will go the way of the Sega Dreamcast, except without all of the awesome games.

'Nuff said.

Rominova

Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #16 on: 28 Jul 2005, 01:55 »

Well like most of you I will try to end up with all three.
I am unsure of witch one to get first.
I guess it will have to depend on the lauch titles and price.

The gamer in me is far fom dead, and I will throw a lot cash
at the next gen it seems. With the higer price for consoles and games.

thehoopiestfrood

Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #17 on: 28 Jul 2005, 13:41 »

I'm a Nintendo girl at heart so I am rather biased towards them...

Gryff

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Summary sense... tingling!
Xbox 360 vs REVO vs PS3
« Reply #18 on: 28 Jul 2005, 15:00 »

I can tell you one thing: I won't be getting an X-box.

PS3 looks like it'll be pretty beefy. I'll only be getting one console, probably a few years down the track when the price drops.
Pages: [1]   Go Up