THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 17:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CSS Question  (Read 4774 times)

trolley

CSS Question
« on: 12 Jul 2005, 16:30 »

I know that this would be more suited to a html forum, but every time i asked anywhere i just got replies of "OMG YOUR CODEZ ARE TEH CRAPERZ", so i'm hoping some kind soul will be able to give me a hand.

Ok, so I've been using CSS for a while in varying degrees, but have finally made the leap to using divs and all has been going pretty well. But for some reason i've now encountered a problem.

http://www.postaldesigns.co.uk/services.html

If you visit my site and click on the services link, scroll down to the bottom on the main content div. When I hit F5 in firefox, the scrollbar on the div jumps up a little bit, as if there is now more content. Then when you go to move the scroll bar with the mouse, the div then jumps up to the position it would have been had the slider been at that position originally. I'm not sure if i'm making sense, so the best thing to do is test it. The same thing also happens on the portfolio page to a lesser degree. Why is it doing this, because i'm pretty sure it's only just started happening. I'm tearing my hair out here, and it's probably a real noob error, so any help you lovely lads and ladies could give would be a life saver.

here's the css file: http://www.postaldesigns.co.uk/style.css

Bishop

CSS Question
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2005, 05:51 »

I know a fair amount about CSS and I can't see whats causing this, maybe its just a FF bug, in IE it does the same, Hmmm it may be generated by a slight ammount of lag when it loads the CSS sorry I couldent help more.

trolley

CSS Question
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2005, 12:21 »

No worries, doesn't look like anyone anywhere knows. Thanks for looking it over.

Valrus

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • moo hoo ha ha
Re: CSS Question
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2005, 15:04 »

Quote from: trolley
When I hit F5 in firefox, the scrollbar on the div jumps up a little bit, as if there is now more content.

What exactly is F5 supposed to do? The site looks fine to me in Safari 2.0 on Mac OS X.
Quote from: Johnny C
Whatever you give up for Lent, it better not be your day job.

Schmung

CSS Question
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2005, 15:32 »

Firefox bug IMO, tried it on a site I'v got and the jump isn;t as big, but it does it anyway. You got any spacers or stuff down there?  Probably something to do with the way it tried to 'guess' a pages formatting or something similar.

Acclrator

Re: CSS Question
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2005, 17:41 »

Quote from: Valrus
Quote from: trolley
When I hit F5 in firefox, the scrollbar on the div jumps up a little bit, as if there is now more content.

What exactly is F5 supposed to do? The site looks fine to me in Safari 2.0 on Mac OS X.

On a Windows machine, F5 is the same as Refresh.

Valrus

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • moo hoo ha ha
CSS Question
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2005, 18:08 »

Well, it reloads fine in Safari too. Must be a FF thing.
Quote from: Johnny C
Whatever you give up for Lent, it better not be your day job.

trolley

CSS Question
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2005, 01:29 »

Cheers for the help guys. I'm gonna put it down to a bug and see if i can get it submitted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up