THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: someone please help me, i'm dumb. (mac-ish question)  (Read 3882 times)

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time

so there seem to be a large number of mac users on this forum, so i thought i'd try my question out here.

is there some trick to wireless internet that i'm not getting? what do i need to do to get it to work? i sit in the netcafe and it says it's found the network, it's connected, and that there's nothing wrong with the connection, but i open the browser and get nothing.

i know it works, because my friend got online with his wireless network-y thing, but he doesn't know how to work macs, it was more of an accident that he got online... being a new mac user i don't really know much about how to work them either...
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Inanimate Object

• Balloon animal serial killer
    • http://www.psptown.com
someone please help me, i'm dumb. (mac-ish question)
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2005, 06:57 »

Well, are you sure that it's a network that has interent capability? It might just be a network of computers. That would explain why you can connect to the network, but not the internet.

It also may be that whereever you're connecting requires a username and password to access the net.

yelley

• i believe in knitting.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2005, 09:04 »

i'm sure that it's internet, not just a network of computers. it's a coffee shop with free wireless intenet and they don't require a password or anything.
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came

Inanimate Object

• Balloon animal serial killer
    • http://www.psptown.com
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2005, 09:40 »

Hmmm. I'd suggest talking to someone at the shop about configuring the net on your computer. They might have a tech support person somewhere.

It's odd that you can make a connection, but can't access the internet. I could probably fix it if I was actually working on the computer, but I can't explain how to do it. :(

yelley

• i believe in knitting.
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2005, 19:29 »

i tried asking someone at the place, but they're all pretty useless.... it's primary function isn't a netcafe after all, they're just a coffeeshop that happens to have a wireless internet thing. thanks for the almost help though ^_^
Pages: [1]   Go Up