Which guitar shall I purchase?

The Deluxe Player
- 2 (66.7%)
The Powerhouse
- 1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: 12 Aug 2005, 16:05

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guitar decision  (Read 3738 times)

eepedeep

Guitar decision
« on: 05 Aug 2005, 16:05 »

Guitar Decision...
Here are a couple Fender guitars I'm thinking of purchasing...
One is the Deluxe Player and the other is the Powerhouse.
Right now I'm worrying about the cosmedics and want to get a new pickguard. I've roughly colored in the pickguards with Paint. Right now I'm leaning towards the Deluxe Player.

Here's a poll: Leave a comment as to which one you like better (based on the product or the cosmedics), and any suggestions you may have.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Guitar decision
« Reply #1 on: 05 Aug 2005, 17:25 »

I, unfortunatly, cannot help much because I'm not a Fender person. I prefer Ibanez guitars mostly, but I can't really get one because I am poor. although from what info I'm getting from the site, I'd go with the Deluxe Player.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

TheMike

Guitar decision
« Reply #2 on: 05 Aug 2005, 18:16 »

i've only played the strat deluxe, but in general fender guitars are well made. also, if you are a beginner then the type of guitar wont matter as much as the type of strings, its nice to start out on a nice light string, but in general all electrics have pretty light strings. and if you are a complete beginner then you just want a guitar to get comfortable with before you make a big purchase, which measn a used one.

i own a yamaha pacifica, mostly because of the humbucker.  thats the one thing i dont like about the ones you chose , no humbucker. edit~also, because i can't afford a better guitar.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
Guitar decision
« Reply #3 on: 06 Aug 2005, 06:55 »

Build your own!

Or, you know, don't.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Guitar decision
« Reply #4 on: 06 Aug 2005, 09:09 »

I wish I could build a guitar, but I am poor and lack the knowledge to do so. I'm sure there's books or something about it though.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Guitar decision
« Reply #5 on: 06 Aug 2005, 12:34 »

If my guitar pickups look like humbuckers (which are good, right?) does that mean they are? or do all pickups look the same. How the fuck do people get all this knowledge of guitars anyway? Do you like, save up and buy all the different ones and see which one is the best, or do you just read up and pretend you did that. I've only ever played one guitar, I have no idea what even the differences between them would be.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

La Creme

Guitar decision
« Reply #6 on: 06 Aug 2005, 12:47 »

Some of us are (luckily) not trapped on small, remote British isles, and we therefore are near Sam Ashs and Guitar Centers where we can just go in and play the guitars to see what sound we like.

That's how I found my lovely Epiphone Les Paul of pure sexy goodness.

Borondir

• Furry furrier
    • My Last.Fm
Guitar decision
« Reply #7 on: 06 Aug 2005, 12:49 »

For metal, humbuckers are the only way to go, Khar, and yeah, if they look like humbuckers they probably are.  

On the knowledge thing, I'd say you just have to read a ton and play a lot of different guitars in stores and such like.  I can't say I know a lot, but the more you hear, the more you'll be able to tell.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Guitar decision
« Reply #8 on: 06 Aug 2005, 13:01 »

Man, I don't have the time to go to guitar stores.

My guitar is ostensibly designed for playing metal, so that would make a good deal of sense.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio
Pages: [1]   Go Up